Norwegian Expat Injured by Automatic Door in Bangkok, Seeks Compensation

snoop1130

norway-complaint1-1024x683.jpg

Family members of Mr. Wiggo, a 71-year-old Norwegian man, with the assistance of Ekapop Luangprasert, advisor to the Minister of Interior and founder of the "Sai Mai Tong Rod" (Sai Mai Must Survive) page, filed a complaint at Prachachuen Police Station on SEptember 11, 2024.

BANGKOK — A Norwegian man’s family in Thailand filed a complaint after he was seriously injured by an automatic door of a transport company which initially denied responsibility. However, after the latest negotiation, the company agreed to pay.

On September 11, family members of Mr. Wiggo, a 71-year-old Norwegian man, with the assistance of Ekapop Luangprasert, advisor to the Minister of Interior and founder of the “Sai Mai Tong Rod” (Sai Mai Must Survive) page, filed a complaint at Prachachuen Police Station.

They reported that Mr. Wiggo was hit by an automatic door inside a transport company on Kamphaeng Phet 7 Road in Mo Chit on August 26, causing him to fall and fracture his hip, requiring urgent surgery in the ICU and over half a month of treatment in the ICU.

Photo: Khaosod English

Full story: Khaosod English

-- 2024-09-11

news-footer-3.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

They mention a life insurance in the original article, but a Norwegian life insurance does not cover medical costs of course 😆

Something lost in translation again? I guess Mr. Wiggo has a travel insurance....

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

causing him to fall and fracture his hip, requiring urgent surgery in the ICU and over half a month of treatment in the ICU.

Two weeks in an ICU unit would indicate either a serious injury or the hospital padding the bill.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

"the police invited legal representatives from the transport company and the victim’s relatives for negotiations to reach a resolution. The outcome was positive, with the transport company accepting the victim’s family’s conditions ...

The relatives are satisfied and feel somewhat better that the transport company will take responsibility".

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Blueman1 said:

Oh ! YOU are So " FUNNY " I Guess You've never had a Broken Hip ' Ave Yer ??.....I HAVE & It's NOT Funny !!!

Did you bang your head badly when you fell?.......or...wait.....are you making a funny?

Oooo...now I'm undecided.....only 84 posts, that is a brave move.....I'll reserve judgement until I see a few more of your posts...555

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Two weeks in an ICU unit would indicate either a serious injury or the hospital padding the bill.

Two weeks in an ICU unit would indicate either a serious injury....So YOU Are saying that a Fractured Hip is NOT a SERIOUS Injury then ?? I Beg to differ having suffered one many years ago.....

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

A fractured hip on a 71-year old is a serious injury.

A fractured hip on a 71-year old is a serious injury....I Fractured Mine in 19 Places when I Was 16 Years Old,& Spent 11 Months in HOSPITAL So Yes it's a SERIOUS Injury at anytime in your Life !!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Oh you are a small lump of butter........well more fool me for giving you the benefit of the doubt.

By the way, is you keyboard fawlty....or have you spilled a sugary drink on it?.....all you posts are coming out very odd.....or was it the bang to the head you suffered?

I Think YOU Need to Spell too, My Name is NOT Basil FAWLTY !!!!!............Stupid Boy,How Old are You ??

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

with the assistance of Ekapop Luangprasert, advisor to the Minister of Interior and founder of the "Sai Mai Tong Rod" (Sai Mai Must Survive) page

This Mr Ekapop guy is getting well known, he was recently involved with the stupid Swedish foreigner. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST