Thai Hotels Struggle as Mid-Priced Rooms Fail to Attract Tourists

snoop1130

The only solution is more

"Concrete-Mania"!

More Hotels in demand.

For the multi-millions of

"Super-Rich-VIP-High-Class" tourists from anywhere, who are dying and pay any price to get only one of those precious luxury accommodations in TiT. 😂😂😂

What goes around (stupidity), comes around. Sooner or later, but always.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Well, seem like Thais have less money to spend holidays while the International clientele is back. I doubt I have ever stayed in a Hotel for less than 2000 Baht a night. Do these sub 1500 places have private bathrooms, beds or mats on the floor?

Maybe you'd check out the

1500 Baht rooms. Before you talk! Your "doubts" about where or if you've been staying are more of a cognitive or healthcare issue. 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, phetphet said:

Schools in Europe have just reopened after summer break, the THB is getting stronger, and no one has any money.

But don't worry hoteliers, once the Thai taxman starts taxing all the expats next year, even they will likely cut back on travel.

i've got money 😁

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand's hotel industry grappled with occupancy challenges in August, particularly within the budget and mid-priced segments. Despite a nationwide average occupancy rate improvement to 61.8% from 58.4% year-on-year, levels still lagged behind the pre-pandemic figure of 64.7%.

Maybe offer what the tourists want at a fair price, then market it properly.

Tourism is almost back to an all time high, if you're not getting occupancy look inwards.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Maitdjai said:

Maybe you'd check out the

1500 Baht rooms. Before you talk! Your "doubts" about where or if you've been staying are more of a cognitive or healthcare issue. 😂

So, you remember all the hotels where you've stayed, or keep records of everything? hmmmh

My wife's homestay and most other accommodation businesses up here in northern Nan province largely cater to low-mid middle income Thais living in Bangkok and surrounding provinces. No surprise that her sales were down 30% over the past 12 months and based on her monitoring of local competitors via online sales sites, they seem to be doing a bit worse. Not uncommon to get automatic cancellations a week out from the stay when the online booking site is unable to access sufficient funds in the guest's card account.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I dont think I have ever rented a room for more than 500 a night.

Me too.  My budget is usually 500-600 per night. Would rather spend the money for shopping, food and entertainment.

Actually my first room in Thailand back in 2001 was 50 baht per night. It was ok, jus ta bed in a tiny room. But yes, some of the cheap rooms at that time looked exactly as the ones you can see in "The Beach". 😄 

• Agree 1

I have stayed in 74 Thai provinces. "Guess the other 3" .

Started off in 2005 in 200 baht a night hotels and was quiet happy doing it that way.Then covid hit and i found out i could get a 2000 baht room for 500.

That spoilt me for staying in shiitholes but still limit myself to 500.Currently in Phuket paying the same for a clean bed,wifi,kettle,tv and fridge.

• Agree 1