Delivery of fake order

smedly

11 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Been ordering of Lazada for years.

I always pay with Line wallet for smaller purchases, Kasikorn credit card for more expensive orders. 

I've never received a fake order. 

You should always pay when ordering, you will save your time posting on AN forums regarding fake orders. 

I had a 5000bht order for quite a heavy item COD.

When it arrived it was just an envelope ......... delivery refused.

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

Not really.

It is a good reason to check that it really IS a correct order before you sign and pay.

I made a small spreadsheet detailing what I order and from whom online. If the order does not appear there and it is in my name it will be refused.

Simple and easy to do.

Sorry, I just have to ask. You are not able to keep track of what you order in your head?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

That's why you should never COD. 

I would pay with my credit card, if the wrong item received (it's happened in the past), I would just visit my bank, fill out the forms and around 6 weeks my money would be refunded. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I would pay with my credit card, if the wrong item received (it's happened in the past), I would just visit my bank, fill out the forms and around 6 weeks my money would be refunded. 

9 out of 10 negative Lazada postings on forums are COD related.

Do us all a favour, always pay on the Lazada website when ordering, their couriers nicely open my gate, place my item on my porch, if no one is home, so convenient. 

At times I pick up items for my children from the Lazada courier at their condo, most times I'm stood in a line waiting for people to count out their pennies 😂 (1 & 2 baht coins) to pay the courier, it's really annoying.

• Sad 1

I hope this thread was helpful to peeps, it was intended to be a heads up, I am not stupid and know what I order regardless of payment method, I don't think anyone would be foolish enough to pay for something they didn't order

• Like 2

It's far safer to never order COD.

Ours is a busy household with deliveries every day, sometimes 3 or 4 deliveries for different people.

We have a rule, no COD, if something comes COD then we know it's a scam.

It would be far too complicated to try and keep a record of orders, and even if we did, we would have to keep an eye on Lazada to check something was actually shipped to avoid the not-shipped, lazada-cancel scam.  Unless you record that it's shipped/track delivery process, you can still get scammed.

The seller has your address, he only needs to send you something fake direct and wait for you to accept and subsequently lazada cancel the order.

Never use COD is by far the safest way, no need to keep spreadsheets, you don't need to proactively track orders, just pay and wait.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Failing to understand things bought with a credit card sometimes don't arrive, and you lose, or have to notify your bank so they can investigate.COD it comes you pay.It doesn't, you don't. Millions of people order COD. No reason not to.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

A millisecond for the money to be taken off your card. Six weeks to get it back!

• Thumbs Up 2

The new Law from a few months ago helps with 'fake' orders and for orders that one did order but was not what was inside the package/box

Before payment can open before and view - before paying COD..

Always pay COD + many of my orders are repeat orders so no need to open, only buying something from a new seller do I open 1st 

This past month have had 3 different delivery Companies try to deliver a package COD for 150 baht,  refused as did not order.

Always do the same for many years > order them write the order No + price, put in a bag with the cash so not confused as is ready if delivered next day or next week.

23 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

A millisecond for the money to be taken off your card. Six weeks to get it back!

I don't mind, a few thousand baht goes missing for a few weeks. 

It's always guaranteed to come back.

It's why I avoid COD, heard some terrible stories. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I don't mind, a few thousand baht goes missing for a few weeks. 

It's always guaranteed to come back.

It's why I avoid COD, heard some terrible stories. 

And I have ALWAYS got any CoD I paid, and then returned the goods, into my Lazada Wallet, then withdraw to my Bank.

4 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

All I ever read are negative postings regarding COD. 

Maybe the reason for complaining, some here like to complain. 🤓

Why would there ever be a negative remark about COD? It's safe, you get what you pay for, and you don't pay unless it's what you ordered. I see nothing negative or unsafe about it, but ordering with a credit card is always a risk. I also use a credit card, especially if I can somewhat trust the seller, meaning Lazada or Amazon, but I'd rather use cash because when it's paid, it's done, and never a risk taken.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Why would there ever be a negative remark about COD? It's safe, you get what you pay for, and you don't pay unless it's what you ordered. I see nothing negative or unsafe about it, but ordering with a credit card is always a risk. I also use a credit card, especially if I can somewhat trust the seller, meaning Lazada or Amazon, but I'd rather use cash because when it's paid, it's done, and never a risk taken.

Sometimes you don't get what you ordered, you get something worthless.

It's shipped by the person you ordered from, but lazada won't help because they canceled the order because he never confirmed it was shipped, instead he shipped junk to you personally.

COD is a risk, prepay is risk free.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, JBChiangRai said:

Sometimes you don't get what you ordered, you get something worthless.

It's shipped by the person you ordered from, but lazada won't help because they canceled the order because he never confirmed it was shipped, instead he shipped junk to you personally.

COD is a risk, prepay is risk free.

If you prepay, sometimes you also don't get what you ordered and get something worthless. Either way, you open the package when it comes, and don't pay if it's not what you ordered. If you used a credit card, then you'll have to return to sender, take it up with the seller, or their seller, or your bank.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

If you prepay, sometimes you also don't get what you ordered and get something worthless. Either way, you open the package when it comes, and don't pay if it's not what you ordered. If you used a credit card, then you'll have to return to sender, take it up with the seller, or their seller, or your bank.

You are not allowed to open the package before paying COD.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

we had similar a month or so ago, a girl rocked up on a motor bike with several packages on it and told me she had a cod for some thai snacks(dried squid, chips etc), as my wife usually does get this sort of thing I paid the 400 or so baht and took it inside, When my wife got home from work she said she had not ordered it at all, she worked out the actual price to buy and it was around 200 baht less so it was a definite rip off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chadnik said:

Sorry, I just have to ask. You are not able to keep track of what you order in your head?

There were times I was in the middle of a project and had 8 or 10 Lazada orders going at the same time for components.

If you live with a wife/GF and/or kids, you can't keep track of what they ordered in your head.

I had a simple, 100% effective scheme for not being duped by the COD scam in the OP.  I paid by K-Bank card in advance, and it would have been stupid to pay for anything that showed up COD.

3 hours ago, Chadnik said:

Not really.

I don't order that much stuff, and at 80 years old it is much easier for me to make a list and tick off the stuff I ordered when I get it. Then if anybody ever bothered to contact me or my wife telling us that a delivery we had not ordered will be delivered, they are more than welcome to come and try to unsuccessfully collect the COD cash.

Out of curiosity, I once bit on an unordered COD of 30 Baht. Inside a roll of very thin, useless trash bags.

I then began regularly receiving COD's of ever increasing amounts up to several thousand baht all of which I declined.  It stopped after a few months

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Two house bricks maybe?

The law now has it that you can view the goods before you accept the delivery.

I do that now if i am somewhat scepticle to what the package has in it.

Delivery guys are swearing as they leave the house if it is not what i expected it to be.

Edited by itsari
make an adition
  • Agree 1