CIB Arrests Two Thieves Stealing Power Cables in Pattaya to Fund Drug Habit

Georgealbert

IMG_5599.jpeg

CCTV image of the pair.

The Central Investigation Bureau (CIB), along with Highway Police, has arrested two individuals responsible for stealing electrical cables along motorway 7, Pattaya-Mabprachan, causing damage worth nearly 1 million baht.

The suspects, who were riding a modified three-wheeled motorcycle and sidecar, were caught cutting and stealing the cables in an attempt to sell the copper for money to fund their methamphetamine addiction. The arrests were made following a series of incidents in which power cables were cut and stolen, causing significant damage and power disruptions in the area.

CIB and Highway Police had been investigating the thefts for several weeks after receiving multiple reports of missing cables along the motorway. Officers tracked the suspects’ movements and finally apprehended them while they were in the act.

Authorities estimate the total damage caused by the stolen cables to be over 1 million baht. The suspects are currently in police custody and face multiple charges, including theft and damage to public property.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-16

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

image.png

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Georgealbert said:

CIB and Highway Police had been investigating the thefts for several weeks after receiving multiple reports of missing cables along the motorway.

Are motorbike/sidecars allowed on Motorways?  It's a fairly distinctive vehicle to spot given the CCTV cameras every kilometre.

If I was nicking copper wire, the first cable I'd cut is the one supplying 220V to the surveillance camera, swiftly followed by the one supplying the light pole. 

Not a well planned escapade. These two should consider alternative careers that match their skillset, and go into politics.:coffee1:

6 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

If I was nicking copper wire, the first cable I'd cut is the one supplying 220V to the surveillance camera, swiftly followed by the one supplying the light pole. 

Not a well planned escapade. These two should consider alternative careers that match their skillset, and go into politics.:coffee1:

They're not wired like smart people.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I didn't think even motorcycles were/

I also thought they were banned from flyovers?  The newly opened ones near the Ambassador are choked with them; an accident waiting to happen as mad pickup drivers roar across at well over the  60 kph limit.