Borderline chaos: Malaysian tourists banned from entering Thailand

snoop1130

28 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

“There were also 20 cases related to income tax arrears and nine cases involving Customs issues, making the cross-border journey even more challenging for those involved.”

That's interesting...  Especially in light of that tax thingy going on.

• Confused 5
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

There will be some push back from Malaysia due to this. They're not going to like it.

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

These discrepancies came to light through data from the Bukit Kayu Hitam Immigration, Customs, Quarantine, and Security Complex

Not from Thai immigration?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Drumbuie said:

Your passport is scanned at the check-in desk for all international flights. 

Never had it scanned, but they do put in the passport details when you check in online or check in at a desk. I guess it's done automatically in the background with the airline giving the details? Rather than being scanned at a gate with a border guard

14 hours ago, happy me said:

From reading it, It was Malaysia that restricted their own people from leaving!

Correct

The "tax clearance" issue for travel has been around for many years but in the last few weeks they have revived it.

Not sure about Thailand but in Malaysia the tradition is that things like tax, speeding fines etc are not paid until the authority offers a discount month.

As an aside Malaysia has just started to track Singaporean vehicles with outstanding traffic fines. It seems that those law abiding Singaporeans aren't as squeaky clean when it comes to paying Malaysian fines

...20 cases related to income tax arrears...

-------------------------------------------------------------.----------------

?????
Which kind of Income Tax they can possibly owe in Thailand?

Many of them are border hoppers staying only  for  1-2 days in Thailand.

Or some of them engage in unauthorized trade during their short visit and dodging tax?

Edited by black tabby12345

Also red and indeed it looks like Malaysia were rejecting their own people to leave.

Has nothing to do with denying entry Thailand, they (Malaysian immigration) dont let them leave Malaysia !

Pic as wel headline are out of line. Not a good made article. I would say even trolling.

Headline should have been "Malaysian people denied leaving the country" 

8 hours ago, Srikcir said:

90% of Thailand's "South" is Muslim.

And...? Pretty sure Malays are not coming in droves to celebrate their prophet's birthday with the Thai Muslims of the south. They could do that on their own turf. They do it to have a good time and not even think about any of that stuff.

On 9/17/2024 at 7:11 PM, Imkah said:

so as to get more time to write more reactions? Sort of Trump-style.

Hard to believe that you can link Malay's not entering Thailand for a holiday to something about Trump

------- Oh hell another 50 something Days of this............:w00t:

20 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Yes indeed, or something else that muslims wouldn't normally do on their doorstep. 

Yeah, and Baptists dance when nobody's looking.   

I worked with a couple of dozen Muslims in Songkhla.  I chalk it up as one of my best assignments and my favorite places to stay in the world.  I should note that I don't chase women for sport, and took the oath a while back.  Mongers and drunks may not agree with me on Songkhla.