Dog's Loud Barking Drives Neighbour to Shoot Man Next Door

webfact

It sounds like they discussed this on multiple occasions and it sounds like the neighbor completely ignored him, or was simply not able to control his dog. It actually sounds like the man was exerting a great deal of self-control by shooting him only in the thigh, perhaps he should have done something about the dog too. 

I think the victim has a new sense of understanding, and realizes that you can only annoy people to a certain extent, before they will take action. 

There are a few things in this world that are more annoying than a dog that just won't shut up. I've had neighbors with dogs before, I've attempted to reason with them, usually they end up taking offense at me getting annoyed over their noisy dogs. 

aggressive-dog-barking-with-bared-teeth-png.png

Edited by spidermike007

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The victim, 41-year-old Mr. Wanit Sueasingh, a maintenance worker at a local home, had been shot in the right thigh. The origin of the dispute lay in the persistent loud barking of his neighbour's dog, which had significantly disturbed his sleep.

This is why Thai people are so "kind and politeTM".  Complain about something that someone is doing that has a massive negative impact on your life; get shot for your troubles. 

Amazing Thailand!  😆

8 hours ago, retarius said:

Not too unreasonable, you can ask and ask but the neighbour ignores you and lets the dog bark all night. Obviously shooting the neighbour is extreme but lying in bed listening to senseless barking must be awful.

Not really extreme when you remember this is Thailand where a dogs life has more value than a Thais life. I wonder when the government will wake up to this problem with uncontrollable dogs. There have been some feeble attempts through the years. Then nothing. And several times a year people are either killed by a dog or by the people because of the dogs. Nothing ever changes. 

I have a big Doberman. But he only barks when another dog gets near the house or a stranger. And is easily quieted by a simple command. Needless to say, even the pizza delivery man is afraid to get near my house and calls from down the street.. haha.. But then my dog is almost 50kg. All muscle. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, 2long said:

My opinion is that the 'western way' is to complain soon, in order to stop later larger problems. But the Thais don't do this. They suppress their anger until it's unmanageable and results in too-extreme actions.

Moral of the story 'nip it in the bud'

I completely agree with this... 

Given the events that frequently transpire there seems to be a lot of 'imbedded anger and frustration' that is usually held back by the social constraints of face....  but once that veneer has cracked the flood-gates can open and many can go from Zero to a fiery 100% in the blinking of an eye. 

I've had similar discussions on this with my Wife about brining up my Son. 

The Wife loves to play the 'soft doting mother'...  our son is very well behaved, but at times we have to put our foot down...    as he develops he shows sings of frustration and anger... my wife tries to calm him... while I'll try and nudge him that little bit further - the point I try to explain to my wife is that these emotions he's feeling are natural, he has to get used to them and learn how to deal with them... they're a part of growing up, she can't be there as a calming influence all the time, he has to learn that himself. 

If he reaches a 18 years old without having ever felt these emotions of anger, frustration etc then we have failed - its our job to ensure our children are equipped to handle the world. 

One thing I know - my son won't drive through a *bus-stop of people because someone made him angry !!!...  he wont throw a flowerpot at next door because their dog is barking... 

*Kanpitak Pachimsawat - 20 year old male (son of former Miss Thailand) rammed his car into the passengers at bus-stop after a conflict with the bus driver. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I completely agree with this... 

Given the events that frequently transpire there seems to be a lot of 'imbedded anger and frustration' that is usually held back by the social constraints of face....  but once that veneer has cracked the flood-gates can open and many can go from Zero to a fiery 100% in the blinking of an eye. 

I've had similar discussions on this with my Wife about brining up my Son. 

The Wife loves to play the 'soft doting mother'...  our son is very well behaved, but at times we have to put our foot down...    as he develops he shows sings of frustration and anger... my wife tries to calm him... while I'll try and nudge him that little bit further - the point I try to explain to my wife is that these emotions he's feeling are natural, he has to get used to them and learn how to deal with them... they're a part of growing up, she can't be there as a calming influence all the time, he has to learn that himself. 

If he reaches a 18 years old without having ever felt these emotions of anger, frustration etc then we have failed - its our job to ensure our children are equipped to handle the world. 

One thing I know - my son won't drive through a *bus-stop of people because someone made him angry !!!...  he wont throw a flowerpot at next door because their dog is barking... 

*Kanpitak Pachimsawat - 20 year old male (son of former Miss Thailand) rammed his car into the passengers at bus-stop after a conflict with the bus driver. 

I've always said/felt that we farangs 'getting them negative feelings out sooner' stops them building up, like water behind a dam.

Except the Thais bottle it all up and then BOOM!

I'm not saying we're right or they're wrong, especially when we see entitled farang flaring up at nothing.... but the Asians could learn a thing or two from letting some negative vibes out sooner then they do.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, 2long said:

I've always said/felt that we farangs 'getting them negative feelings out sooner' stops them building up, like water behind a dam.

Except the Thais bottle it all up and then BOOM!

I'm not saying we're right or they're wrong, especially when we see entitled farang flaring up at nothing.... but the Asians could learn a thing or two from letting some negative vibes out sooner then they do.

Agree...  There's a suitable and appropriate tipping point...  Hold on too long and Micheal Douglas (in Falling down) rears his ugly head... 

But... letting frustrations out is fair enough IMO... Even in Thailand, where it is considered a loss of face to lose ones anger - I think its perfectly reasonable to do so in a tactful way.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

The dog was just being a dog.    He didn't even bite anyone.

Thats ok then, let it bark all day and night disturbing the whole neighbourhood... 

Annoying everyone only matters if a kid gets their face bitten off as well.... 

Is that really your position ?

4 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

The dog was just being a dog.    He didn't even bite anyone.

well,  while I agree with you,    doesn't he know what time to stop barking and what time to start.

I guess he needs to go into a dog shelter near the temple,  with the other 1000 mutts. 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats ok then, let it bark all day and night disturbing the whole neighbourhood... 

If I didn't mean it I wouldn't have written it.

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

well,  while I agree with you,    doesn't he know what time to stop barking and what time to start.

I guess he needs to go into a dog shelter near the temple,  with the other 1000 mutts. 

Again Steven, the blame should be shouldered by the dog's owner.      If the dog had physically injured someone, that's a different story.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Again Steven, the blame should be shouldered by the dog's owner.      If the dog had physically injured someone, that's a different story.

I hear ya '    well she might be going into the monkey house so the dog may end up at the shelter near a temple somewhere I would say.   But yes,   she's f^%^ ing stupid and she deserves 5 yrs at least.

I'm over 70 now and I am still dumbfounded by how insensitive and uncooperative the owners of barking machines can be. I myself have been irritated to the edge of violence myself because of them on more than one occasion. We have a neighbor that got a small poodle with an insane barking problem at all hours day and night. Over the years, we tried things like yelling at them through the window, putting notes in their mail box, and even calling the police on multiple occasions. It was on the third such police visit that they finally got the message more or less. Leading up to that, if I thought I could have gotten away with it, I would have tried to find a way to poison it. Mind you, this is in Japan which is famous for being careful about interaction with others and avoiding causing disturbances. I only hope they do not replace that dispicable little demon with another just like it when it finally dies which can't be too soon.

34 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:
37 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If I didn't mean it I wouldn't have written it.

OK...  Just checking because people write outrageously unintelligent things all the time... 

Just wanted to be sure I didn't misunderstand you... 

... So in your opinion, it doesn't matter what a dog does, just so long as it doesn't bite !!...

Got it !!!..   It can bark all night, sh!t all over your law, chase your kids around..... its all ok, if the dog 'doesn't bite'...   

... Or are you starting to realise the flaw in your comment ???... 

[The dog was just being a dog.    He didn't even bite anyone.]

....Because, there are dogs in my Moobaan that don't bark all night - and they are still 'just being dogs'... the difference is they have responsible owners who train them. 

So... while it was just being a dog is an accurate comment, its completely avoids the whole conversation that this wasn't 'just' being a dog.... 

....... It was being an 'untrained, annoying, disturbingly loud, barking all night dog'.... 

... and thats why a problem occurred. 

14 minutes ago, harryviking said:

The dog barks. Then why on earth shoot the woman?? So many retarded people hiding among us!! A "normal" mad man would shoot the DOG!!😫

"So many retarded people hiding amongst us" ...  I quite agree, some in plain sight !!!

... Little clue for you: The woman shot the man !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Screaming said:

This killing was senseless, the killer could have just eaten the dog like the Haitians do in Ohio.

What killing? No one died. Where in the story does it say someone died? It doesn’t, try reading the story again.

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

"So many retarded people hiding amongst us" ...  I quite agree, some in plain sight !!!

... Little clue for you: The woman shot the man !!

No flies on Richard.

Nothing gets past him.