The annoyance of the ++ prices

Dirk Z

20 hours ago, Irish star said:

Keep shopping at 7/11 and leave us alone , btw I overtip just to annoy the Poms and Skippys , I worked as a bartender it’s a karma thing 300 b a day I will Tip , surely 

It doesn't annoy me at all, you are tipping.

If you want to be a fool under the pretense you are a generous soul, up to you, as they say.

You then mention 300 baht a day, I don't employ them or set the salaries, what I do know is their beers are overpriced in most places.

A lot of them aren't worth much more anyway, glued to their phones, surly, making it look like a massive effort just to serve you etc.

As a successful Thai lady from Khorat once told me, ' The problem with a lot of Thais, they don't understand the work ethic '

On 9/20/2024 at 4:37 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

If service is included, you don't need to leave a tip.  If service is bad, refuse to pay the charge and see how you get on!

VAT is just part of life!

If only life was so simple.  I know of many places where the business collects the service charge but does not pass it on to those who provided the service.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, greeneking said:

If only life was so simple.  I know of many places where the business collects the service charge but does not pass it on to those who provided the service.

In many establishments, there's a tip box on the counter somewhere. It's highly visible (try running off with it!) and maybe the best place to anonymously or otherwise drop your 20 THB note. If I tip a masseuse I'll always give it to her personally, er, I mean the tip. And so on.

• Haha 1

On 9/20/2024 at 4:37 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

If service is included, you don't need to leave a tip.  If service is bad, refuse to pay the charge and see how you get on!

VAT is just part of life!

The Service Charge doesn't necessarily go to the staff.