Do you owe money?

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

We are not all grown up.

46% of Americans owe money on their credit cards. $1.14 trillion.

The average American is in debt to the tune of $104,000, including mortgages, student loans, cars etc.

If you think you got those card points free without someone paying for it, there's a bridge in Sydney Harbor I'd like to sell you.

I bet there are quite a few that would like to be in my financial position.

Should I feel bad because others can't control themselves?

For me personally the "points" are free. 

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I use my credit card everyday, I pay back the total amount due on due date, every month, I have been doing this for decades. 

I don't think the banks like me. 😂

I use my credit card frequently for onlline purchases and always pay the balance before the due date. My bank manager likes me, however, and we always exchange a greeting when I stop by.

Otherwise, no debts. It's a family tradition.

Don't owe anybody, anything ,and never have, self financed my businesses ,never took loans out,

paid cash for all my vehicles ,and properties ,If i cannot pay for it I don't buy it ,until I have the money

to pay for it, then got out of the rat race at 42 and moved here, the problem is some people today,they

have to have and have it now , like the reported queues of people to buy the new iPhone ,JUST because

it's new ......

regards worgeordie

28 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

We are not all grown up.

46% of Americans owe money on their credit cards. $1.14 trillion.

The average American is in debt to the tune of $104,000, including mortgages, student loans, cars etc.

If you think you got those card points free without someone paying for it, there's a bridge in Sydney Harbor I'd like to sell you.

I bet there are quite a few that would like to be in my financial position.

Yep! Take residence in the US and tell them that you are dept-free. Only using a pre-paid card occasionally.

It won't be long and your US friends will classify you as an immigrant with a serious mental disorder.

7 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

never took loans out,

paid cash for all my vehicles ,and properties

If I didn’t get loans for property in the late 70’s and early 80’s and waited until I was able to buy outright I would have lost a lot of money in investments. Buying properties was one of the first things I did right out of the gate.

27 minutes ago, swissie said:

Yep! Take residence in the US and tell them that you are dept-free. Only using a pre-paid card occasionally.

It won't be long and your US friends will classify you as an immigrant with a serious mental disorder.

Quite right.

I am an outlier, and happy to be so.

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I use my credit card everyday, I pay back the total amount due on due date, every month, I have been doing this for decades. 

I don't think the banks like me. 😂

No, they like you just fine. They collect their 3% every time you use it from the merchant who raised their price to account for it.

Nope. Am liquid and always will be. Only ever been in debt twice... once at 19 to get a car (which I paid off before term) and a mortgage here (which I paid off before term). Credit card is auto-pay off or whatever you call it. Anyway way too much info, but being a big debtor is kinda muggy methinks, but of course is how the whole shambles of a monetary system runs.  

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Quite right.

I am an outlier, and happy to be so.

Me too. Good on me and you in the longer term mate. It's just how much "longer-term" the both of us have. Nevermind. 

The vultures (relatives) are circeling above me. I have made sure that the vultures will go empty.

Holy moly,
"Credit" can be a eautiful thing when used to augment economic activity. A loan of 5%, producing 10% more revenue is a good thing.
Unfortunately, a large part ot "credits" are used to buy "consumer-goods". Things that do not increase in value, but sooner or later end up as trash at the local dump. Sometimes before the loan for the trash is payed off.

Nowhere else more a significant constellation than in the USA. Some people say, that this is not going to end up well.

2 hours ago, it is what it is said:

bought my house for cash

when i change my car i'll pay cash

haven't been overdrawn at the bank or paid credit card interest since the mid 80s

financial management isn't difficult

In the 1960/70ties?
Today young folks can not qualify for a downpayement and qualify to service their dept. They simply don't earn enough money. All over Europe.
Without a "real-estate-inheritance", average young folks will not become "real-estate -owners" in Europe anymore.

Hail to the 1960/70ties, when the working class was able to accumulate some tangible assets, beyond their paychecks.