Beer drinking in Thailand: Does Leo preserve brain-cells better than Chang?

GammaGlobulin

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Both beers are high in carbohydrate. Hence the term "beer gut".

The OP would be better off drinking spirits, which have zero carbs, to retain a svelte figure.

Given his purported nationality, to make America great again, he should imbibe bourbon.

Yes, but all alcohol shrinks the brain.

Most people, last time I checked, can't afford to have smaller brains. 

On 9/22/2024 at 1:33 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Do you really think that just one bottle of Chang could damage my brain?

Course it could, especially if somebody hit's you on the head with it.

IMHO don't think either will help grow or maintain your brain cells, I drink Chang because (to me) it tastes better than Leo, but would be quite prepared to switch if I though it would assist in keeping my one remaining brain cell.  A friend only drinks Leo because he says that it helps with his blood sugar levels, others prefer the taste of Leo. Personal choice.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

yeah, great memories of bombs being dropped.

sometimes you're so stupid it boggles the mind. 

I agree, also the many millions of innocent civilians killed and maimed in Vietnam. Laos and Cambodia. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

With respect, Mekhong whiskey is not whiskey - it is RUM! So are Hong Tong and Sam Song - also distilled from molasses. I believe Sam Song actually states rum on the label.

It (Mekhong) is distilled from molasses (sugar) which makes it rum. To be honest, on the bottle there is no mention of either two - just "distilled spirit". reference- 

haven’t found any evidence online that the company behind this “rum” Bangyikan Distillery have every marketed this as whisky or rum.  I’ll try and sort out of the confusion,  Mekhong is made from molasses (approx. 95%) and 5% rice.  Which makes it almost a rum.  Add into this conundrum the secret recipe of natural spices which is added to the blend bottle it at 35% and we have a spiced rum."

https://thefatrumpirate.com/mekhong-spirit-thailand

Technically it may very well be rum, but it tastes more like cheap whiskey, not like for example Tanduay, the cheap rum in the Philippines. 

2 hours ago, Dirk Z said:

Actually it's not so much the beer as the snacks that often come with it. Drinking arouses the appetite (to be ahead of the funny guys: yes, not only for food). I can tell from own experience: love to drink beer but don't snack, constant weight (BMI<25) for over 10 years.

And as for the spirits: 1 gram of alcohol contains 7 calories. There are 65 cal in a standard glass of whiskey, about 83 in a small bottle of beer. Only alcohol free spirits have zero carbs. Cheers!

You are confusing calories with carbohydrates.

Calories are a unit of energy. Carbohydrates are macronutrients, measured by mass present.

Beer and whisky both contain calories. Whisky contains zero carbohydrates, because it is impossible to distill carbohydrates.