Motorcycle Cuts in Front of Car, Causing Crash into Tree; Pattaya

Georgealbert

2 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Except you won't have that opportunity for the reasons I explained above - or if you have time to make that decision, you'll just look like bad driving.

People just don't understand what happens during the split second course of a collision.

BS.....Been there, done that, and I stick by my post. 

1 hour ago, lordgrinz said:

BS.....Been there, done that, and I stick by my post. 

no you haven't you just think you have - people simply don't realise what's happening.

In the moment, most drivers don’t have time to consciously think about road safety. ethics or weigh their options when faced with an unexpected obstacle like a suddenly  swerving m/c or a dog. Their response is often instinctive and driven by emotion rather than deliberate thought. The emotion is one of self-preservation. So - when drivers see a vehicle or animal suddenly on the road, their brains trigger an automatic, split-second response based on shock or fear and preservation. They may subconsciously think of avoiding damage to their vehicle or even protecting themselves The instinct to avoid a collision kicks in almost immediately, like any other sudden danger. The attack ode you describe takes a few more nano-seconds by which time the crash has usually happened. If it hasn’t then you are considering where to drive and this could be construed as deliberate and therefore dangerous driving.

Edited by kwilco
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, kwilco said:

no you haven't you just think you have - people simply don't realise what's happening.

In the moment, most drivers don’t have time to consciously think about road safety. ethics or weigh their options when faced with an unexpected obstacle like a suddenly  swerving m/c or a dog. Their response is often instinctive and driven by emotion rather than deliberate thought. The emotion is one of self-preservation. So - when drivers see a vehicle or animal suddenly on the road, their brains trigger an automatic, split-second response based on shock or fear and preservation. They may subconsciously think of avoiding damage to their vehicle or even protecting themselves The instinct to avoid a collision kicks in almost immediately, like any other sudden danger. The attack ode you describe takes a few more nano-seconds by which time the crash has usually happened. If it hasn’t then you are considering where to drive and this could be construed as deliberate and therefore dangerous driving.

Stop pretending to know what I would do, or what I have done, or been through in the past. I'll say it again, I stick by my original post, and have done exactly as I stated in my original post in prior accidents. And just for your information, the dashcam did indeed prove me in the right, and the other drivers in the wrong (3 times now here in Thailand). Swerving to avoid an accident, without being sure of what will result from it, could open you up to whatever accident you cause by leaving your lane, thus making YOU at fault. It is not "dangerous driving" to drive in your lane while following the laws/rules, however, swerving and causing an accident in another lane could be "construed" as deliberate or dangerous driving. Best advice is to stay in your original lane, unless you are absolutely positive it is safe enough to swerve to avoid an accident.

20 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

Stop pretending to know what I would do, or what I have done, or been through in the past. I'll say it again, I stick by my original post, and have done exactly as I stated in my original post in prior accidents. And just for your information, the dashcam did indeed prove me in the right, and the other drivers in the wrong (3 times now here in Thailand). Swerving to avoid an accident, without being sure of what will result from it, could open you up to whatever accident you cause by leaving your lane, thus making YOU at fault. It is not "dangerous driving" to drive in your lane while following the laws/rules, however, swerving and causing an accident in another lane could be "construed" as deliberate or dangerous driving. Best advice is to stay in your original lane, unless you are absolutely positive it is safe enough to swerve to avoid an accident.

Silly man you don't realise it's not what you do, it's what HUMANS do - or are you not human?