14-Year-Old Girl Fatally Stabs Grandmother Following Heated Argument

Georgealbert

9 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

Why should age command respect?

Respect is earnt by being a decent person. 

Certainly no respect due in this case where the Grandma is an alcoholic and abuses the kids.

Respect for you elders is a cornerstone of society.

Usually Thais have it in abundance but not this time.

The young girl didn't just lunge at Grandma with a knife,she read went to town on her.

Very,very sad because a crime like this ruins a lot more lives than just the victim.

9 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

And that is just one of the problems with the education system.

It is supposed to be free.

No winners in this story.

Everyone is a victim.

Education is free. However uniforms are not. When my son was at school he had 5 white shirts, 5 blue shorts, 2 tracksuit tops and bottoms, 3 pairs of plimsolls (1 for sports), and at 1 point, scout uniform.

The shirts had the school name embroidered on them and his name had to be embroidered as well, the track suits had the school name on them too.

He grew out of the uniforms every year or 2 and wore the shoes out about twice a year.

He also had to have a back pack with the school name on it.

Add to that I used to give him pocket money, starting at around 20 thb a day and in his last year in M6 he was on 100 thb a day.

Back in the UK there used to be jumble sales and a shop that bought and sold old school clothes provided that they were washed, clean and in good repair.

Nothing like that at the schools my son went to in Thailand.

That is one reason why education in Thailand is expensive. Just wait until you see the cost of uniforms and the list of requirements at an international school, and boarding schools are even more expensive.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, gargamon said:

There's just no respect for the elderly any more. It's becoming more and more like the west every day.

In a non-civilized country, there is no respect for anyone.....

13 hours ago, gargamon said:

There's just no respect for the elderly any more. It's becoming more and more like the west every day.

There are limits to what some people can take from an abusive elderly person! Sadly it was a 14 year old girl this time! Many elderly can be damn evil at times! Age does not matter! After decades having to do with Thailand, I have seen only respect to elderly from youngsters. 

14 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The victim’s daughter, the mother of the suspect, had abandoned her children shortly after their birth, leaving them to be raised by the grandmother. The victim was known for her daily drinking habits, which often led to arguments with her granddaughter. Though the conflicts were frequent, he never expected such violence. He confirmed that the victim had a history of verbally abusing the children, particularly when intoxicated.

All you really need to know.

14 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

She had sustained eight stab wounds: three to her neck, one to her back, and four to her stomach.

I'm guessing the back one was first, from behind, then in the neck as she turned, then the stabs to the stomach when she was already lying on the floor.  A real frenzied and sustained attack.

What's really sad is that the girl is already a victim of her circumstances (abandonment, abuse, etc.), and she's just added a load more trauma and challenge to her life.

• Sad 1

Very sad !

Unfortunately very common,

My nephew got a young girl pregnant, as soon as the baby was born it was dumped on grandmother, never visited her or pays for maintenance, nephew visits once or twice a year, so next to no contact from both parents, 

Such a sad start to life!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, xtrnuno41 said:

POP goes the brain, with sad end.

Grandma wrong in abusing mentally the kids. And the alcohol doesnt make it better.

Some years ago in AN the story of a father who shot his (drug addictive) son.

Some years ago a father shooting his daughter and son in law , due to a dispute.

Both in Thailand. But there are more of those sad stories 

This morning I red a stupid story about a Belgian, who said "his son was his god "??!!??

And for that he could use his audi rs6 for a spin, tough not on road, but quite speeding.

The father filmed it and the son later took it and put it on internet, not really bright to do so.

Now they have to face court.

POP goes the brain and anything can happen.

About the Rotterdam cutting, the guy already did his mother before still alive though.

All ready known by police, but out in the open on the street for making some more victims. POP.

Allah akbar! Take care, be aware

A famous case of a father shooting a son was the death of Marvin Gaye.  A wild story and worth a read - 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Marvin_Gaye#:~:text=Gaye was shot twice following,a charge of voluntary manslaughter.&text=Arlington Heights%2C Los Angeles%2C California%2C U.S.

16 hours ago, gargamon said:

A few years ago, I saw an young school girl give the finger to a much older woman and I was shocked.  Known Thailand since 1970.  Never thought I would see that.

1. Respect for the elderly and the superiors (monks, the King and Monarchy, etc.) is part of the South-East Asian culture and is not bound to "earned respect" as in the Western countries.
Any citizen will crawl on the floor for the Monarchy, weither the respect is earned or not in your opinion.
Failing to do this will get you upto 18 years behind bars.

2. "A neighbour , Mrs. Jannapa, 52, who lived in the same building, described the victim as someone who enjoyed drinking but generally had a good heart."
The "victim" was a woman who generally had a good heart, but taking care of someone elses children and try to raise them with the little or none support from a RICH GOVERNMENT, would make anybody angry.
Why can Thailand not provide FREE school for their children despite making zillions of baht from their citizens and the foreigners?
Are they not worth it?
A TRUE third world attitude.

3. "She added that the granddaughter was polite and obedient, although she had only completed her education up to the sixth grade due to financial difficulties. Neighbours huad attempted to help the girl continue her studies, but her grandfather could not afford the school fees."
"School" is free in a Govoernment school.
But to increase their tutors wage and the school boards luxury life style, TUTORING is not free and can be higher as in a private school.
In the school where my daughter used to go, the Thai department was free.
But the uniforms, tutoring material (books and other material), after classes tutoring, school projects, etc.  WERE NOT!!!!
Many students had to leave the school because their parents of their caretakers could not afford the high prices.