Pit Bull Attacks & Kills 67-Year-Old Woman Cycling in Pathum Thani

Georgealbert

This owner has shown her own negligence as this dog has attacked other people as well as her own family and she has done nothing about it. This woman dog owner needs to be taken to court and sued for the negligent death of this old woman and this dog has proven it is dangerous and should be put down before it mauls other people and possibly kills another innocent walker or cyclist or small child. These breeds of dogs have been banned in several countries because of their aggressive nature.  

• Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, catch104 said:

Yes, of course, just as there is no such thing as a bad AK47 or weapon of war in the hand of the public... only deranged users.
Sure there are, but try doing the same harm with a Chiwawa, or a related weapon, a bamboo stick....

Seen a chihuahua kill a pit bull,, it got stuck in its throat .

13 hours ago, Denim said:

Owner should be charged with manslaughter and jailed for a suitable period as a warning to other idiotic owners of this breed.

Nailed It!  Correct me if Im wrong but we just had this converstaion less then a month ago here on this website.... This is not a dog this is a Vicious Animal that too many Liberals can get pass the truth.  Let me continue to scroll through here and read the ignorant peeps defending the animal and how it not the dogs fault.  This aint no Dogs.  Side Note: There a reason in America why Blacks and Thug Gang owners have them - you do the math.. Remove it and chain up the owners ( Thailand should act NOW and BAN THIS ANIMAL)

• Like 1

Put the dog down!  Sorry dog lovers if that bothers you then adopt it and take care of it!  Next, put the women in jail until she sings like bird as to how she came to obtain it. Then backtrack and arrest those and charge them as accessories civilly take all their worldly possession and sell them for the victim and if not enough a judgement for 5-10 years. 

Need to take it as far as how the animal was brought illegally in this country most like thereafter breeded many more weapons to death out there follow the trail need to set an example at some point! 

13 hours ago, phetphet said:

So it took someone's death before the owner decided to do anything with what was obviously a dangerous dog.

As per normal and nothing ever done and maybe a 500 Baht fine but not  just this breed and many other Soi dogs and so-called pets whose owners allow them to mix with these very dangerous dogs but they so not look after them or even train them and they think it is a laugh.
Dogs it seems and many times over seem to much more important than and to people who should know better.
Yes, children and adults are afraid of these diseased dogs and yes that also includes so-called pets.

Edited by jwest10
  • Like 1

I'm guessing the dog was free to wander as it pleased , which is just asking for trouble with this breeds temperament.

If they give it to another person to look after they should be charged with stupidity as it will certainly bite again I'm sure .

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Simple, the dog gets put down and the owner goes to jail.  Enough of these killer dogs and irresponsible owners who think nothing about it when someone is brutally killed which is becoming a regular event.   Instead, there may be a fine and they may have to find a new home for the poor dog.  Wonderful.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

No such thing as a bad dog breed.

Only bad owners.

There are both, just check the news they are in it regularly. This dog should have been put down long ago from repeated attacks and the owner should be held responsible as it wasnt a first occurrence or even a second. All the signs were there but she ignored them repeatedly.  They should take all her dogs from her as she us obviously not fit to own any and put her in jail.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Lorry said:

They only kill the old and weak, this old lady certainly had some preexisting condition,  otherwise she would have just run away.

I agree....  This death should be listed as COVID related.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Too bloody late you ignorant woman... now after your dog killed someone you say you want to give it away.

I think the term ignorant does not apply here unless she had no idea of the killing reputation of such dogs.  If she was aware of the many prior incidents with this breed, then the term stupid, not ignorant, applies.  In addition, not caring about the safety of others makes her callous and negligent,  at a minimum.

She should definitely be held legally responsible.

Edited by LarryLEB
  • Agree 1

About 30 years ago I ran to the rescue of some poor devil who was being attacked by a Pit Bull in my San Francisco neighborhood and believe me, every time I hit that dog on the top of its head with my lightweight billy club it bounced off that creature's skull. In fact, I had to whack the dog anywhere between 15 and 25 times until it went into kind of a stupor.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, proton said:

Yes, we always get this lie, Pit Bulls XL Bullies and other muscle bound killing machines are bad breeds, thats why they are banned in some countries. They are not safe to be kept as pets, any more than a Lion or a crocodile is.

BS

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

No such thing as a bad dog breed.

Only bad owners.

And again you are there with your BS talk! Please explain then. Why is it aggressive and unpredictable breeds, with pit bull in majority, that stands for more than 95% of all severe bites,, deaths and attacks? Will that make it just by pure luck you will find 95% of the bad owners in the same box?

Just please stop spreading crap and bull. It´s hurting to read all stupidity.

38 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

And again you are there with your BS talk! Please explain then. Why is it aggressive and unpredictable breeds, with pit bull in majority, that stands for more than 95% of all severe bites,, deaths and attacks? Will that make it just by pure luck you will find 95% of the bad owners in the same box?

Just please stop spreading crap and bull. It´s hurting to read all stupidity.

No matter how good the owner is, no matter how well trained the dog, you can't remove the instinct to fight to the death from this breed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, goatfarmer said:

No matter how good the owner is, no matter how well trained the dog, you can't remove the instinct to fight to the death from this breed. 

Exactly! That´s why they should all be put down and eradicated from the planet. It´s only Malcolm B and a few others that just can´t get that.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, rwill said:

Pitbulls were specifically bred for fighting over the years.

Yes, fighting other dogs. Not people.

There was never a sport for Man vs PitBull, maybe you are thinking of bull fighting?

In fact, human aggression was never bred into them since these fighting dogs often lived in the family home in between fights and had to be handled in the pit by humans during fights.

A PitBull that indiscriminately attacks humans has either been poorly trained or neglected/abused. 

Unfortunately, Thai attitudes to dog ownership often are not compatible with powerful dogs (caging them, little/no exercise, disciplining them with a stick etc.). Educating owners is the answer. I don't think I've ever seen a dog on a lead outside Bangkok. Mine stays on an extendable lead even when being exercised on our private land, just in case any local mutts wander over and attack him. Responsible ownership is key. 

image.png.ebf68c811925a7d7a7d975e471d1e111.png

4 hours ago, 2long said:

I tend to disagree.

Soi dogs have their own hierarchy and are not caged and mistreated. They can expend the energy that every dog needs to.

Soi dogs are easy to deal with, by walkers, joggers and cyclists... it can't just be me or my area where this is no problem if you show the right body language. A pitbull is just another dog, and would behave so in a gang of soi dogs. I hope!

As for this sad incident, even as a dog lover and defender, this one needs to be destroyed. The 'owner' needs to be charged with manslaughter and her whole family banned from having dogs in the future. 

The only way to stop a pitbull is to kill it, so if they ever become common as soi dogs (seen only 2 so far) I'll have to carry a weapon when cycling