Is this viable for 6 months stay in Thailand

Theoretically it is possible to enter Visa exempt and get 60 days, then leave and re-enter and get 60 days, then leave and re-enter and get 60 days for 180 days

I am a UK passport holder and have been out of Thailand for last 15 months - I previously had mix of OA and O (retirement) over last 14 years, but my last visit was for just 6 months: 45 day exempt entry and 45 day exempt (Border hop)  and extension in Bangkok and tourist visa in single entry Venetian.

If my plan is possible, which border next to Thailand is the safest and how long is required to stay before returning for Immigration to accept re-entry for a land entry.

If I was to take a different option by doing the exit and re-enter via Vietnam on either entry, and since Vietnam is not bordering Thailand this will need to be an air crossing and not a land crossing - would this increase the probability of success for either of the attempts for exit / re-entries on visa exempt 60 days.

Edited by spambot

Instead of doing 3 VE entries just do 2 and extend each one for 30 days at local IO.

Nobody is going to bother you about 2 VEs in 6 months.

Keep tuned to AN to see what the situation is with regard to how much time you are expected to stay out after your first 60+30 day stay.

I've been doing what you want to do since 2010.

Edited by Enoon