Russian Woman Rescued After Drifting at Sea for 7 Hours in Sattahip

Georgealbert

14 hours ago, Enoon said:

If high water was at 3pm then low water would have been about 2.15am.

She went swimming at 9am.....when the tide was rising and flowing inshore.

It would have continued to flow in for several hours:

"The woman, identified only as Junior, explained that she had been staying at a hotel in Najomtien and had gone for a swim at around 09:00,"

She was picked up.....the "incident" at about 4.00pm:

"The incident occurred around 16:00 on September 25, when a local squid fishing boat spotted the woman floating in the open sea"

The tide was indeed flowing out at that time, but the reason she found herself a long way offshore was that initially her, presumably, strong stroke, against an incoming tide, placed her further from dry land than she intended as the surfline crept further inland/up the shore behind her.

I think it likely that she is not just any ordinary "casual" swimmer.

From Google scholar: During the SW monsoon season , now, there is clockwise current rotation. That would be going up the Hua Hin side and down the Jomtien side.This is serious oceanography, way over my pay grade. However it could imply that although she entered the water at incoming tide, she still get caught in out bound current. Especially since she was a way out. BTW the only reason I mentioned the fisherman, as previously stated, was relative to this small Russian lady being able to swim 15 km . Not even .Screenshot_2024-09-27-07-31-02-850_cn_wps.xiaomi.abroad_lite.thumb.jpg.6c600f629a6165650fd748c6405535da.jpgScreenshot_2024-09-27-07-32-14-206_cn_wps.xiaomi.abroad_lite.thumb.jpg.b3c1a3295d82513d4ef5dc46fc47ba7d.jpg