7-Eleven Introduces Convenient PromptPay QR Code Payments Nationwide

image.jpeg

Great news! 7-Eleven now offers the option to scan and pay with PromptPay, making transactions more convenient by eliminating the need to carry cash. Customers can simply open the QR code on their mobile banking app and pay at any of the 480 participating branches nationwide.

On September 27, 2024, the official Consumer Facebook page announced that 7-Eleven has officially launched its PromptPay QR code payment system. The post celebrated the news, stating, “Tears are flowing #Consumers, what do you think?”

With this new service, customers can easily pay for their purchases by scanning the PromptPay QR code at checkout. The system supports all major mobile banking apps.

However, traditional payment options remain available, including cash, TrueMoney Wallet, credit cards, and All Points, where 100 points equal 1 baht.

Although some users commented that the service is now available at all branches, 7-Eleven's customer service clarified that PromptPay payments are currently accepted at 480 branches. Customers are encouraged to ask the cashier if their branch supports the PromptPay option.

To pay with PromptPay, follow these steps:

Open your bank app and select the "My QR" option.
Enter the amount to be paid.
Show the QR code to the cashier for scanning.
Complete your purchase with PromptPay.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-27

news-footer-3.png

image.png

• Sad 1

Good Afternoon 🙂 

FINALLY !!! They finally caught up with the real world a little bit 🙂 They had no debit card option and if you went into a store you needed to spend a miniiumum of 300 Baht , Ridiculous !!! They have improved there English option on there App but they certainly need to improve that a lot more , I do not understand, English is the International Language of Business catchup Thailand !!! 555555 🙂

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

44 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Great news. More time spent waiting for some idiot to get their phone out, scroll through their photos before releasing they need their bank app to scan, couple of minutes to remember their login code and another couple of minutes to work out how to scan.

So much b0llocks and gratuitous Thai-bashing exaggeration.  The only thing that they have to do is open the "My QR" then the cashier scans it.

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

I have 2 banking apps. I pay all my bills directly from my bank app? Why do I need to walk to 7/11 and pay them?  

You don't.   Perhaps you need to read the OP again, this is not about paying third party bills.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Been to a supermarket lately? ATM can take 5 minutes. So no it's not Thai bashing. It's observable evidence. Not everyone has the intellectual digital tools needed in today's digital environment.

Not talking about supermarkets or ATMs, this is about simply showing your QR code to a 7-11 staffer.  

• Confused 2

59 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

More time spent waiting for some idiot to get their phone out

Almost as bad as those guys paying with cash, finding the right money or checking change, putting it away while the queue is getting bigger and bigger

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

I'm cash guy

I am normally a cash guy but just back from a week on Koh Samet & found they’ve removed all (3) of the ATMs there so when I got down to my last few thousand THB I had to use my Banking Apps to pay the larger bills. 

Fortunately my 800K is in a fixed deposit account so doesn’t matter for extension purposes.   

Don't do it - bank apps on phones are a security risk - scanning a QR code when you have a bank app on your phone is a serious security risk.

ขี้…เกียจ ระบายด้วยยาเม็ดเซนน่า 7.5 ตราธงทอง (youtube.com)

เพราะคาสตรอลคือตัวเลือกแรกของคนขี่รถจักรยานยนต์ต์ทั่วโลก (youtube.com)

In fact IMO never use a bank app on your phone - or any app/website that can access your money. Phones are a serious security risk - and this is just one of the many security issues they have - and there will be more coming.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Almost as bad as those guys paying with cash, finding the right money or checking change, putting it away while the queue is getting bigger and bigger

Almost, but not quite. Perhaps the old dears that try to get the last satang right but, for speed, paying cash is generally streets ahead of any other method of payment here. That is especially reserved for LOTUS, which surely has the slllooowwwest checkout time of any outlet. Not Thai bashing (I love them), but it can be excruciating to hang around for the two or three in front that cannot get it right, together with the checkout girl bumbling through the staff phone, blah blah.

Perhaps QR will work for 7, but in observance with other forms of payment, my time at the till with cash is way faster than most. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Do you remember the moment when someone in a queue was trying to pay with QR code but there was something wrong with his phone. He was trying again and again, while the queue was growing more and more... If you see a granny or grandpa thinking about to pay with QR code you should just leave the store to save your time.

QR code = Queue Rise code

Edited by zmisha
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2