7-Eleven Introduces Convenient PromptPay QR Code Payments Nationwide

webfact

7 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I, along with the other 5 billion people who........... 

That right there says it all - you think 5 billion people out of 7.5 billion use phones to do banking?

Nothing I can say to someone who thinks like that will be listened to - a waste of my time. 

According to a Google search 5.4 billion people worldwide use mobile banking apps. Do you distrust them only in Thailand, or not realize that countries other than Thailand have banks?

Meanwhile, Thailand is a nation with one of the highest percentage usage of mobile banks, with 68.1% of Thai bank a account holders using mobile banking. 

But we're all wrong and you're right. 

2 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

According to a Google search 5.4 billion people worldwide use mobile banking apps. Do you distrust them only in Thailand, or not realize that countries other than Thailand have banks?

Meanwhile, Thailand is a nation with one of the highest percentage usage of mobile banks, with 68.1% of Thai bank a account holders using mobile banking. 

But we're all wrong and you're right. 

Plus, yes there is risk in banking, do you realize there's ways to easily limit risk when you use internet banking / bank apps?  

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Plus, yes there is risk in banking, do you realize there's ways to easily limit risk when you use internet banking / bank apps?  

Yes, there are risks associated with mobile apps. There are also risks associated with taking cash from ATM's and carrying it around with you. I take precautions and have never had any issues with either but prefer the convenience of mobile banking. 

I do acknowledge that guys who struggle with technology are probably better off using cash though, if nothing else for peace of mind.

And as some have pointed out, guys who struggle with mobile phone usage probably would slow down check out lines attempting to scan QR codes. We can only hope they've mastered their coin counting skills. 

Edited by ftpjtm