White Culture

I am living the life in Thailand due to my white privilege.

No point denying it as some woke like to do.

You have to embrace it.

Doubly good when you add “male” to it.

White male = nothing better.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, connda said:

f you have an issue with ethnic superiority, try addressing Thainess right here in your own backyard (if you actually live here - you may not for all I know).

Calm down. You seem to have been triggered?

Where did he say he had an issue?

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, connda said:

Racism against all non-Thais is the institutional norm in Thailand. We live in one of the most ethnically superior countries in the world.  Try addressing the problem in our own backyard instead of dragging this nonsense about "white privilege" 14000 miles across the Pacific and South China Sea. 

Oh dear. You have lost the plot.

If you think that the average Thai waste their time thinking about white supremacy you have imagined it and need help. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Not quite sure if you are advocating for this or holding it up as a reason not to be white:-
'You get what you deserve'? - nice victim blaming there.
'The family structure' - straight out of the 1950's.

'Emphasis on Scientific method' - completely contradicted by 'Christianity is the norm' and anyone who has ever questioned a scientist with their own 'scientific view'.

'History' - written by the victors of course.

'Hard work is the key to success' - and it's helps if Daddy hands you a few million and you have no social barriers to upward mobility. Like skin color.

'If you didn't meet your goals you didn't work hard enough' - in making someone else rich.

'Christianity is the norm' and 'No tolerance for deviation from single God concept' - how very Christian of you!

'Wealth = worth' - really? You have no worth unless you are rich? I beg to differ.

'Your job is who you are' - no it's not. Thankfully humans are slightly more nuanced than this.  

'Women's beauty based on blonde - thin' - best you get out of Thailand then and try and find yourself an Aryan superior woman then . And don't get me started on 'Man's attractiveness'.

'Justice' - certainly better if you're white. 

'Win at all costs' - no. Just no.

'Winner/loser dichotomy' - the problem with the US in particular and the world in general.

'Majority rules - when whites have power' - and when they don't? Was this written by the KKK?

What outdated, racist, bigoted nonsense you have for some bizarre reason proudly posted on AN. You lot are getting so emboldened these days to not even bother hiding your racism. It's disgusting. 

You make some ok points - and some I disagree with - but what made you go all serious in the last 2 sentences ?  This apparently came from the National Museum of African American History and Culture which is in Washington D C . Not some right wing youtuber.   Some of the points are about  a range of people's subconscious attitudes - no need to take it too literally or to the extreme so that whites who relate to this are good or bad or inclusive or racist. I think - for example - though many don't see themselves as Christian or religious at all - the Christian attitudes still prevail in our lives and thinking - for good or bad. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

24 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

There is no law in Thailand that says you are not allowed to be racist.

If you have a problem with that then you should go back to the woke nanny state you came from.

No laws about being a racist. Human decency and respect stops most from being racist. Thinking a person is superior because they are white is racist. No one race or nationality is any better than another. That's Hitler thinking, and has no place in a civilized world. Most problems worldwide come from racism or prejudice. Your statement..........."White male = nothing better"............says it all.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Calling all that whiteness is provocative but I would agree after reading that chart that it does indeed well represent the historic dominant USA culture. 

However there have been a lot of changes and more coming though a significant portion of Americans feel threatened by that.

For one example on the bland is better point Mexican style salsa had outsold ketchup in the US for many years already. 

Personally I have very white skin but was raised with quite different values on many of the chart points to the point where bland white bread etc. was seen as an insult.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

You make some ok points - and some I disagree with - but what made you go all serious in the last 2 sentences ?  This apparently came from the National Museum of African American History and Culture which is in Washington D C . Not some right wing youtuber.   Some of the points are about  a range of people's subconscious attitudes - no need to take it too literally or to the extreme so that whites who relate to this are good or bad or inclusive or racist. I think - for example - though many don't see themselves as Christian or religious at all - the Christian attitudes still prevail in our lives and thinking - for good or bad. 

And they removed it and apologised in super quick time   https://www.businessinsider.com/african-american-museum-in-dc-apologizes-for-whiteness-chart-2020-7   My god even Trump Jr. said "These aren't 'white' values. They're American values that built the world's greatest civilization.

And although I don't disagree there's 'no need to take it too literally or to the extreme so that whites who relate to this are good or bad or inclusive or racist' - I will however question the posters motives in why he would post such a controversial list in a forum with no comment and no explanation other than 'White Culture'. 

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

was raised with quite different values on many of the chart points to the point where bland white bread etc. was seen as an insult.

You Americans are stark raving mad if you believe that is an insult.

• Agree 1

Who thinks up this silliness.  Whites are just as F'd as all the rest.   Someday most people will realize that.  All people are basically the same ... the good, the bad, the ugly :coffee1:

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Black culture is better, they invented everything apparently don't you know.

I wouldn't say better or worse, but black culture has indeed contributed massively to American culture. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Who thinks up this silliness.  Whites are just as F'd as all the rest.   Someday most people will realize that.  All people are basically the same ... the good, the bad, the ugly :coffee1:

Weird post.

Different cultures do indeed have radically different values.

All people are the same in the sense that all people have cultural influences, I'll give you that, but they are NOT the same cultural influences.