Boozy Australian Tourist Restrained by Phuket Airport Police

webfact

10 minutes ago, Deerculler said:

A few years ago I flew from Brisbane to Darwin.

It was a night on Virgin Blue.

Most of the passengers were Aussies.

And most of them were drunk and causing problems for the crew.

I had nothing but admiration for the crew in how they handled the drunks.

Australian's have drinking problem culture.'

The more they drink. The more loud and obnoxious they are.

They know alcohol is a problem in and of itself, then they also know what the effects of high-altitude on people who do drink before/during a flight......Knowing this, they should know better than to even allow alcohol at airports or on airplanes.

1 minute ago, lordgrinz said:

They know alcohol is a problem in and of itself, then they also know what the effects of high-altitude on people who do drink before/during a flight......Knowing this, they should know better than to even allow alcohol at airports or on airplanes.

Your views and opinions on alcohol are not shared by everyone.

I (like many others) enjoy a drink at the airport or on the plane because

- there's not much else to do

- I'm not flying or driving, so why not?

- it helps me relax and maybe nap on the flight

Did you know it's possible

- to enjoy a few drinks but not get drunk or annoy others

- to be a d*ckhead while sober

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 2long said:

Your views and opinions on alcohol are not shared by everyone.

Neither are yours, but I would argue safety first, drinking can wait until the flight is over, unless people have a drinking problem.....they should probably get help for that.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

Neither are yours, but I would argue safety first, drinking can wait until the flight is over, unless people have a drinking problem.....they should probably get help for that.

Enjoy your future flights on planes full of Muslims and kids then.

From your posts it sounds like you're better than everyone else... maybe get your own private jet.

• Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Leadidge said:

“too many of THEM?”  What is “them”? Drunken idiots? 

In this particular news, an unruly and piss drunk Australian. So, that answers it. We are mentioning them. Don´t know if you just woke up after a severe binge, but lately them has been interested in hitting the news.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 2long said:

Enjoy your future flights on planes full of Muslims and kids then.

From your posts it sounds like you're better than everyone else... maybe get your own private jet.

So now your going with nonsensical responses, by using religious discrimination/bias, and your dislike of kids?

• Confused 1

Ah, long ago memories of me doing the same thing as airport police.  Most highly intoxicated people feel little pain so the usual pain compliance techniques are ineffective.  In the end it just takes a lot people to restrain him with handcuffs and leg restraints.  If the airport has a dunk tank then let him sober up and face any possible charges. Otherwise he can take the next flight home.  

1 hour ago, lordgrinz said:

If you can't wait to drink alcohol until your plane ride is over, you may have a drinking problem.

The question I have is why did the bar let him get that drunk.  Chances are there were signs that he had already had more than enough.

I know it's a tough call but

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Please, go away with your knee jerk puritanical thoughts. Some of us like to enjoy a drink on a plane and 99%+ of people don't cause a disturbance. Don't see why passengers should be denied services that have existed since commercial aviation began.

Are you saying one in 100 can cause a disturbance?If 

2 hours ago, roo860 said:

At least he was leaving Thailand, happy ending to the woeful episode. Getting quite a regular thing now with Aussies, they just don't know how to behave themselves, actually they need vetting before leaving Down Under.😏

Problem is they're making it more difficult for the Bogans to get into Bali, but easier to get into Thailand. 

While I bemoan the fact that my fellow Aussies are getting some unwanted press recently, I must agree, this sort of behaviour is becoming endemic, Bali, Fiji, Vanuatu all have had similiar reports recently and this alcohol fuelled sense of privelege is nearing the levels of some other countries, notably middle eastern or soviet. Maybe us Aussies need to return to simpler times, perhaps when we were locked up in our own country.

1 hour ago, lordgrinz said:

I have been drinking in an airport and on a plane for 40+ years and never caused a problem.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rocketboy2 said:

Nice.

One more star from Australia.

Serving him that third beer chang was only going to end in tears.
Two beers  is the tops for these stars.

Should have stuck to the Castlemaine XXXX.🍺🍺

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

For a country with only a small population the Aussies are right up there in the "how to make a diick of yourself" stakes.

Yeah, they are also pretty good at Breakdancing by all accounts. :giggle:

• Love It 2

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Tough guy, as he waited until he was in handcuffs to say anything. Aussies are starting to be a real pain in the butt in Thailand as well. Too much bad behavior from them lately.

Taking over from "Brits Behaving Badly"?

58 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Never have and never will get drunk at an airport - with free alcohol on the plane why bother ? 

Apparently the days of virtually limitless amounts of booze on a plane are long gone!

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

Ah, long ago memories of me doing the same thing as airport police.  Most highly intoxicated people feel little pain so the usual pain compliance techniques are ineffective.  In the end it just takes a lot people to restrain him with handcuffs and leg restraints.  If the airport has a dunk tank then let him sober up and face any possible charges. Otherwise he can take the next flight home.  

Which is apparently what he did! :-

"Phuket Airport officials confirmed that the inebriated tourist was detained in an airport cell to sober up, causing him to miss his flight and rebook another, reported the Daily Mail."

Edited by sambum