Pros and cons of using an agent for the 800k

6 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

How so, because an agent can circumvent the requirements by offering a personal fee over and above the required 1,900 BHT fee.

There is an actual "exemption" to the 800k rule that can be applied by a high-level officer.

It is 100% legit. Getting that officer to make the exemption is where it becomes questionable.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, timendres said:

There is an actual "exemption" to the 800k rule that can be applied by a high-level officer.

It is 100% legit. Getting that officer to make the exemption is where it becomes questionable.

Ok...tell me then who are these 'high-level officer(s)'  and how would the applicant know that was who authorized the extension?

Can you provide a link to an official Immigration website showing that rule?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Ok...tell me then who are these 'high-level officer(s)'  and how would the applicant know that was who authorized the extension?

Can you provide a link to an official Immigration website showing that rule?

Posted above your last post.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Get all the correct papers together, bank statements, bank letters, bank books, C o R, passport copies, Bht 1900...in and out in 30 minutes, with a re-entry permit if needed, at Phitsanulok.

WHO can be confused by what I have written?

Same as in Nan...and Surin.......  CM was a little longer and was pretty long before they opened up the new building.

No need for an agent......easy peasy.....  I've had longer queues at Big C before..... 😁

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JontS said:

I know the agent solution is not according to the rules, but it seems to have been going on for a long time and I have not read anything about the government doing anything about this.

I remember an agent in Sukhumvit Soi 23 a long time ago.

At some point they gave him (I think I remember) one week to leave Thailand.

I don't know what happened with all the clients which used his not so legal services.

My point is, if you can afford to be legal, why should you risk being illegal. Because even if you get away with it initially doesn't mean that someone will ask questions years later. 

• Thumbs Up 1