No wonder people like to shop at Lazada.

giddyup

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I do the opposite after a few Shopee complaints from my Mrs and generally Lazada have been good. 

I must be lucky. I have never had a problem with Shopee, whereas Lazada was a pain in the bum. 

20 hours ago, BigStar said:

Use both, depending on which one has what I want or the best deal. Never any problem w/ either.

I think some posters are just too old and technically/reading impaired to use online ordering in Thailand effectively, except perhaps when it comes to ordering food.

I order loads of stuff online. I've used Lazada, Shopee, Aliexpress, Ebay, Powerbuy, Thaiwatsadu, Homepro, Ikea, among many others and the only one I have ever had a problem with was Lazada. So I do not think it has anything to do with age in my case.    

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

I order loads of stuff online. I've used Lazada, Shopee, Aliexpress, Ebay, Powerbuy, Thaiwatsadu, Homepro, Ikea, among many others and the only one I have ever had a problem with was Lazada. So I do not think it has anything to do with age in my case.    

You lucked out in the gene lottery, man. Guess you aren't among the "some" I referenced.

19 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

I've never done online shopping in my life but amazed how many people are singing their praises here.

You using a mobile phone now? I resisted for quite some time myself. I think you'll find a lot of online shopping in other countries as well. Heard of Amazon?

5.webp.032c5b4c93672860110845bf2ad8b55a.webp

I just walked 100m and bought a 3 step ladder from DIY (rated to 150kg). I paid 690 baht. The advantage is that I can actually see and feel how sturdy it is and it was super-light as could pick it up with just my little finger.

You could have second career as a "personal shopper." People call in an order for something, you walk 100 meters and buy it, then ship it to them. Should be a good little earner and help you get in your steps.

Surely Lazada/shoppee would not be cheaper for similar quality and you would not know how sturdy or super light it was until you actually recieve it?

Could be cheaper for similar quality. I've found numerous instances over the years. With online you shopping you take into account the probabilities according to the photos, description, and specs. If the product doesn't match, you return it, without walking 100 meters.

You wouldn't even know how high it was, which is pretty important for a ladder

How would you know that you wouldn't even know how high it is (or the load limit), if you've never engaged in online shopping? And if you of course don't, then why would you need to lie in order to buttress your point, except from lack of real conviction?

image.png.e224a81f1dcb1b8634af2f241d74d1c2.png

Edited by BigStar

On 10/2/2024 at 4:20 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Usually can get free delivery also 

Can get "free delivery"...which usually means only B40 discount on shipping 1 item. If shipping is B64, then "Free Shipping" = B24. If multiple items, then shipping price accumulates for each additional item. Rarely ever truly free, tho shipping prices are quite reasonable. 

• Agree 1

Lazada is the only one with mostly English options. But I often use it on Google Chrome to get a full translation. Only the comments now have translation which is really good. 

Then the app could see a lot of improvements. 

I just wish Lazada would get rid of all the fakes and low quality things. 

I know... I've already ranted about this so much, but... Try to search for brands, like "makita" the first 10 pages are all fake. same for shoes, clothe, computer, phones, etc. If you don't have knowledge and know to spot fake vs real, It is incredibly easy to buy a fake, tell you haven't gotten a fake in Lazada once? I've got, and I have always been super geeky. except with shoes... I got a fake nike, returned was easy, Lazada accepted my return as counterfeit. Shop continues to sell. 

Lazada is my primary, but my secondary for really high quality things is Aliexpress. It's more expensive as well, shipping can be really high, and really fast too. The quality of things are really just another level compared to Lazada. 

I buy really amazing and highest quality products from Aliexpress/China, specially the electronics, motors, controllers, power buttons, boards, tools, etc. all Impossible to find in Lazada. just junk in Lazada.

Also be aware of supplements from Lazada, many fakes from USA, like those joint supplements from USA, lots are fake, and the danger is that you are putting something in your mouth you have no idea what it is...

you can tell, many have very far in the future expire date, The expire date is in the bottle, which are mostly fake, expire date is usually on the label for the real goods, label cost becomes more expensive, It's cheaper to batch print clone labels. Then the quality of the label you can tell it's from a laser printer, not the high quality paint of the original label.

They usually miss a serial number as well. 

just observe that in Lazada.