My best memory of Thailand

Celsius

2 hours ago, J Branche said:

First arriving in Thailand, nieve about anything below the surface in Thailand.  Everything was new, interesting and exciting.  Still love Thailand, Thai culture and people just now with a different perspective.

My best memory was on my first arrival to Phuket in 1984.  We asked the taxi to stop at the top of Kata hill where the shrine is, and looked down on the three perfect bays below and Poo island all glittering!!! This is where I wanted to be. It was wonderful with just a few colorful characters and perfect near empty beaches. I stayed until the tsunami hit , after , it all changed.

• Like 2

I had 3 months of sheer bliss IMO, I knew a very attractive bar girl that I had been with a few times, but the bar female bar owner used to get violent when pissed, and she and her also attractive much smaller friend, had to share a room with her, and wanted to find their own place feeling scared of her, so I suggested where I was staying I would pay for one of the bungalows at 3.5K a month, I just wanted one time a week, and also put a rule in place they could not bring customers there. Well the one I really liked never slept in 'her' room she would always come to my room every night, I did not have a M/C either but the smaller girl did, we used to drive around all day with me driving and the smaller one in front clamped between my legs............oh what a time we had, laughing and joking all day. 

They never went  back to the bar but freelanced at the clubs and other bars this was on Koh Chang nearly 20yrs ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I had 3 months of sheer bliss IMO, I knew a very attractive bar girl that I had been with a few times, but the bar female bar owner used to get violent when pissed, and she and her also attractive much smaller friend, had to share a room with her, and wanted to find their own place feeling scared of her, so I suggested where I was staying I would pay for one of the bungalows at 3.5K a month, I just wanted one time a week, and also put a rule in place they could not bring customers there. Well the one I really liked never slept in 'her' room she would always come to my room every night, I did not have a M/C either but the smaller girl did, we used to drive around all day with me driving and the smaller one in front clamped between my legs............oh what a time we had, laughing and joking all day. 

They never went  back to the bar but freelanced at the clubs and other bars this was on Koh Chang nearly 20yrs ago. 

This is exactly the type of memories that made Thailand wonderful.... until you get used to it and the glitter falls away... and all becomes ordinary... but still a great place to live. I have similar memories from 10 years ago but they were in Cambodia not Thailand so won't tell here.

Edited by Dexxter

1 hour ago, Dexxter said:

This is exactly the type of memories that made Thailand wonderful.... until you get used to it and the glitter falls away... and all becomes ordinary... but still a great place to live. I have similar memories from 10 years ago but they were in Cambodia not Thailand so won't tell here.

On 10/3/2024 at 3:45 AM, Celsius said:

I meet a super crazy controlling career woman in her 30s. She was absolutely insane....on a power trip both in bed and real life. She literally locked me in her condo while she was at work only to use me afterwards. I felt like a caged animal....and I loved it!

I was sure your next line was; "...and then I woke up!"

Lucky you 😉  We all need something like that to re-live when life gets boring.

Hard to not use my first trip in 2004.  Arrived 11 AM into what is now DMK from LAX.  Suv airport not opened yet.  Took a mini van down to Pattaya.  Checked into Eastiny Place (now closed).  Just so loved walking around soi 7 and soi 8 and the rest of Pattaya for my ten day trip.  First soapy massage. So many beautiful ladies.  The post office impressed me as it had seats, called out numbers, displayed ticket numbers.  In palm Beach Florida my home at the time the old folks have to stand in line. 

Second trip was in December 2004.  All the girls dressed in Red. Christmas eve buffet at Lek hotel on a warm comfortable night was great.  Buddy and me and our girls miraculously changed our Phuket two day stay which was right on the Tsunami day to ko Samet instead.  great gal, great beach front bbq, snorkel trip around the island.  Got my first foot massage in Pattaya.  My buddy had been many times before and clued me into a lot of things.

Other memories:   My first Moo Kata or Thai bbq with that killer sauce.  My first visit to Non Nooch.  My first visit to Nana.  Loved riding around on the BTS when it actually had seats.  It was like a Disney ride around Bangkok.  Chinese Pavillion near top of Pattaya Big Buddha hill.  Just arriving at BKK after leaving Vermont in the winter.  First breath of warm humid air is so stimulating.  FInding the Magic food court upon arrival to start my trip.  Swimming at Karon Beach in Phuket and turning around and seeing the big white buddha up on top of the hill.  So surreal.  Eating at Tequila Reef Ribs on Soi 7 in Pattaya escaping a winter back in the USA.  Just being in Thailand and doing whatever I want when I want any time of the day.  no real decisions to make.  Best getaway.  Just being able to walk down the side streets of Pattaya at 2 am, 3 am and chatting and meeting up with a beauty. If restless could saunter down to Walking street and there were some late night places open.  What a blast.  Late night cheese burger and fries at those burger stands.  Or Donner kabob.  KISS restaurant all night long for easy affordable meal while some late night people watch.  Swimming in Jomtien beach years ago when water was actually clean and swimmable and eating at the surf kitchen restaurant.  Wandering up and down Walking street hitting various gogos.  Little pork kabobs for 20 baht.  Banana roti , mango and sticky rice with that coconut dressing. 

15 trips and was going to semi retire there.  Sadly recent tax regulations pose too much risk for me so I will only be staying 177 days a year or about two 90 day visits each year which is OK.

Edited by gk10012001