Harris Lies, Americans Die. Illegal Aliens are more Important

Yagoda

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

it's called budgeting. If insufficient funds are now left in the budget for sure emergency additional funds will be made available. In other words partisan created storm in a tea cup.

Exactly.....'they' really are clutching at straws as we get to Nov.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Our reading comprehension is fine.  And so are our BS meters when the linked article says there's adequate money while Mayorkas himself says there isn't.  They can't even get their lies talking points straight.

Quibbling over which bucket the money is going to come from is asinine when there's people dying for lack of a response.  Especially with hundreds of billions of unspent Inflation Assurance Act money out there. 

I'm watching a bunch of on-the ground interviews, and it is heartbreaking how the gub'ment is letting these American down.   According to people on the ground, the military assets are waiting on orders and most of them haven't even seen a FEMA rep.  Volunteers are coming in from across the country with trucks and bulldozers and finding hotels completely booked by the Feds, but also mostly vacant.

While Kamala is entertaining donors.

.........when the linked article says there's adequate money while Mayorkas himself says there isn't....for the hurricane season.

I guess you accidentally missed that bit off???

They should be dumping money, resources and military assets on the area. ....they are....

Praise from Republican governors

Various Republican governors in the southeastern states hit by Hurricane Helene have praised the Biden administration’s response, sometimes naming Biden in particular.

Republican South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster said at a Tuesday press conference that federal assistance had “been superb,”

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, John Drake said:

They've been flying them in for several years. You know what is ironic about this? You're so ignorant about the area, you don't even realize that Asheville, where UNC-Ashville is, is a mini-Austin, a micro-San Francisco. It's a liberal Harris leaning hotbed. Have you ever even been to the US?

Most of them havent. At least its ecumenical neglect, the folks in the hills are Trump supporters.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

Our reading comprehension is fine.  And so are our BS meters when the linked article says there's adequate money while Mayorkas himself says there isn't.  They can't even get their lies talking points straight.

Quibbling over which bucket the money is going to come from is asinine when there's people dying for lack of a response.  Especially with hundreds of billions of unspent Inflation Assurance Act money out there.  They should be dumping money, resources and military assets on the area. 

I'm watching a bunch of on-the ground interviews, and it is heartbreaking how the gub'ment is letting these American down.   According to people on the ground, the military assets are waiting on orders and most of them haven't even seen a FEMA rep.  Volunteers are coming in from across the country with trucks and bulldozers and finding hotels completely booked by the Feds, but also mostly vacant.

While Kamala is entertaining donors.

Well as has been already highlighted by Pomchop above, maybe you should ask the REPUBLICAN governors what they think as they seem to disagree with you a LOT.

'Republican South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster said at a Tuesday press conference that federal assistance had “been superb,” noting that Biden and Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg had both called and told him to let them know whatever the state needed. McMaster added that the administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Deanne Criswell, had also called. He said, “So we’re getting assistance, and we’re asking for everything we need.”

Fact check: Amid bipartisan praise for Biden hurricane response, Trump falsely claims reviews are ‘universally’ negative | CNN Politics

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Most of them havent. At least its ecumenical neglect, the folks in the hills are Trump supporters.

The biggest ongoing failure is the absence of journalism to cover these events. The people on here who know nothing about the region simply take as true any FEMA press release, or comments from governors, the white house, congressmen, or other politicians. It seems that journalism these days amounts to calling up someone from the safety of your hotel room, asking for a self serving comment from the "authorities" in charge, and then putting it out for publication. Used to be that journalists didn't take the word of agencies and politicians. They went into the area on their own. Here that requires hiking through flood ravaged forests or following along with mule trains. Smartphone journalism doesn't bother with that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Well as has been already highlighted by Pomchop above, maybe you should ask the REPUBLICAN governors what they think as they seem to disagree with you a LOT.

I'm watching interviews with residents.  Not listening to the MSM.  CNN has more coverage of elephants escaping a flood in Northern Thailand than of the catastrophe in North Carolina.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Ah yes, the MSM spin :cheesy:

Biden & Harris didn't even visit N. Caroline till Wednesday, and it's till Thursday in USA.

Trump was there on Monday :coffee1:  Contacted Musk for additional support with StarLink.

"“Since the Hurricane Helene disaster, SpaceX has sent as many Starlink terminals as possible to help areas in need,” Musk wrote in a post on the social platform X. “Earlier today, @realDonaldTrump alerted me to additional people who need Starlink Internet in North Carolina. We are sending them terminals right away.”  

(source)

Trump and Musk out to score points from people's suffering? Who would have thought!!:coffee1:

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm watching interviews with residents.  Not listening to the MSM.  CNN has more coverage of elephants escaping a flood in Northern Thailand than of the catastrophe in North Carolina.

Come on.  This is why you guys don't have credibility.  I watch CNN regularly and they have wall-to-wall coverage of the US storm and aftermath...much to my annoyance.  And the Middle East war.  Never seen a story on the elephants escaping a flood in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Trump and Musk out to score points from people's suffering? Who would have thought!!:coffee1:

Neither need to score points.  Neither are looking to have a job to enrich themselves, as already have more than they can spend in a few lifetimes.

Just now, Berkshire said:

Come on.  This is why you guys don't have credibility.  I watch CNN regularly and they have wall-to-wall coverage of the US storm and aftermath...much to my annoyance.  And the Middle East war.  Never seen a story on the elephants escaping a flood in Thailand.

Not on CNN.com...

cnn.jpg.e50f36e1950c479d4c454f05a8bfdd3a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Neither need to score points.  Neither are looking to have a job to enrich themselves, as already have more than they can spend in a few lifetimes.

So increasing their personal power and influence never crosses their minds?

11 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

This is the official State of North Carolina evacuation zone map.

No zones in western NC .

image.png.ae40fef4a875ac88a7277c0a4a16971f.png

That's because it rarely (only once, I think) has had major flooding in that area.

Coincidently, I did see something about one of the largest lithium reserves (King Mt) in that area, wafting to be developed.

And if wearing you conspiracy hat, since that area is not in a 'flood zone', makes you wonder how many folks actually had flood insurance.  hmm ... :coffee1:

Wouldn't that be convenient for any lithium company investors.  Especially since I already read a blip about locals fighting mining rights in the area.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, impulse said:

The equivalent of asking a soldier about the battle.

16 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

So increasing their personal power and influence never crosses their minds?

Neither need that either.  After the election, when harris is president, only power trump will have, is listening to himself talk, and trying to get his handicap down.

Musk doesn't need to boost his power, he's already "ALL POWERFUL"

It's the same in the Western world in general. These brown migrants are being invited, and the establishment values them ahead of 95% of the existing population as they are brought into to a job - and that job is destabilizing people for the next phase societies are going to be pushed in, without making it seem to the normies that the state is directly doing it. As for all of that Trump/Harris stuff, waste your time with the charade if you want. Politics is probably the biggest distraction ever created, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Shocked he went there.....spurs can be so debilitating they can stop you serving your country.

i couldn't care less if trump dodged the draft, kudos to him, i would too, certainly not dying in an illegal war for old white men.., did you go?

How many of the rich/politicians kids skipped it too, you focus purely on Trump and let the others off the hook. 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

i couldn't care less if trump dodged the draft, kudos to him, i would too, certainly not dying in an illegal war for old white men.., did you go?

How many of the rich/politicians kids skipped it too, you focus purely on Trump and let the others off the hook. 

NO ... did sign up for the draft, mid 1975 :cheesy:

Although one year later (1976), I did enlist in the US Army.

Even though I was 18 at the end of 1972.  I would not have gone to Nam if drafted,   Canada sounds better, since Nam has nothing to do with defending USA.   My brother, 1.5 yrs older, got a low number in the lottery, so he enlisted in the Air Force, and spent all 4 years in the UK.

If you're on Twitter/X read this thread from yesterday (you probably can as a guest)

There are 13 additional posts by the author (and source)

James Connor having read the testimony makes the point why this dangerous deranged maniac Trump must never be allowed near power again and must be jailed at his upcoming sentencing (for the sake of us all)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, impulse said:

People are still dying for lack of relief.

They're not reporting because it reflects badly on their candidate.  Typical MSM.

Absolute and utter nonsense. No one is still dying. Stop the completely made up fear mongering or post a link that proves what you are saying.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Maybe they should get their talking points straight:

The Federal Emergency Management Agency can meet immediate needs but does not have enough funding to make it through the hurricane season, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas told reporters Wednesday.

https://apnews.com/article/hurricane-helene-congress-fema-funding-5be4f18e00ce2b509d6830410cf2c1cb

Maybe you need to work on comprehension skills. They are 2 different issues, immediate need ( now ) and long term budget needs (later).