Achieving Lasting Peace in the Middle East Requires Regime Change in Iran

Social Media

Iran the true axis of evil with a ruler who himself shouts death to America and predicts Israel will no longer exist by 2040. Encircled Israel with a ring of fire to destroy it with its proxy terrorists that it finances and arms. 

Iran a state sponsor of terrorism that additionally finances various terrorist and militant groups in Iraq, Syria, Bahrain, and elsewhere throughout the Middle East.

Israel defending itself from the Iranian terrorists and posters on here blaming Israel. Amazing.

Allowing a genocidal, unpredictable dictator to acquire nuclear weapons is truly madness. 

Let Israel do the world a favour and knock out its nuclear facilities.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

It requires Israel to stop expanding and treat Palestinians as equals.

That's never going to happen ... IMHO

Indeed, Netanyahu is totally opposed to a two state solution. 

There was was possible peace under Yitzhak Rabin, who was shot, which led to Benni taking power in the subsequent election.

He had been totally opposed to what Rabin was doing and criticized him for engaging in peace negotiations or concessions that he believed compromised Israel’s security.

He has taken a hardline stance against Iran, viewing it as an existential threat, and has been critical of any diplomatic approaches that seemed to lessen sanctions or allow Iran to maintain its nuclear program.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Indeed, Netanyahu is totally opposed to a two state solution. 

There was was possible peace under Yitzhak Rabin, who was shot, which led to Benni taking power in the subsequent election.

He had been totally opposed to what Rabin was doing and criticized him for engaging in peace negotiations or concessions that he believed compromised Israel’s security.

He has taken a hardline stance against Iran, viewing it as an existential threat, and has been critical of any diplomatic approaches that seemed to lessen sanctions or allow Iran to maintain its nuclear program.

Iran is totally opposed to Israel ever existing, why do you keep defending the terrorist's? 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, harryviking said:

Iran is the head of the "Snake"! Cut it of and there will be no support for either Hamas, Houthis  or Hezbollah!! No more wars! Also, Iran is feeding Putin with drones used to kill Ukrainians! 

With trump as president they had no money for terrorism

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What makes you say that?

Do you hope Israel kicks Iran's butt, and does that make you an Islamophobe?

I hope both sides run out of amo tomorrow and never have any again. That would include nuclear weapons. An Islamophobe? No I don't think so, but if not agreeing with sharia law makes me that then I'm in.

The Iranian regime in bent on the destruction of Israel. Israel has a right just like your country or any other country to exist. Antisemetics probably don't feel that way.  How about you?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What makes you say that?

Do you hope Israel kicks Iran's butt, and does that make you an Islamophobe?

No, its all the other anti Israel remarks that makes him an Anti-Semite , he needs to say a Jewish prayer every morning to prove that he isn't an Anti-Semite

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

It requires Israel to stop expanding and treat Palestinians as equals.

That's never going to happen ... IMHO

It requires Jews to leave the Country and a Country called Palestine under sharia law to replace Israel , that would stop Iran attacking Israel 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It requires Jews to leave the Country and a Country called Palestine under sharia law to replace Israel , that would stop Iran attacking Israel 

That would depend on what sect Muslims they are, Sunnis and Shiites :cheesy:

• Confused 1

Really, it's a case of six of one and half a dozen of the other with this one. Problem is, you have two historically oppressed people living next door to each other that hate one another.

Hamas kicked off this latest cycle of violence to stop Israel and Saudi Arabia making a diplomatic deal at recognition etc. which Iran clearly didn't want. Iranians aren't Arabs, they're Persians and Shia, who have nothing but contempt for the Sunnis... hate each other almost (if not more) than they hate the infidel. Hamas etc. are clearly being used and at great cost to themselves, and few have come to their aid in the Muslim world. Actions have consequences, I'm afraid... what did you think Israel would do? Theocracy is a terrible form of national government.

Israel, on the other hand, acts beligerently and often disproportionately in its defense, and its government always has to appease the ultra-orthodox parties to stay in power and is clearly paranoid (with good reason). Sadly, unless Israel presents a very tough MO, then it will be overwhelmed by it's neighbours and they will be exterminated with extreme prejudice, so has the right to defend itself like all other countries.

There's also one other problem you have in the Middle East, and that is that all sides want the last word, hence once it starts, then it's a very difficult cycle to break unless it's some very complicated face-saving deal for both sides... remember when Clnton almost got the deal between Ehud Barrak and Yasser Arafat all that time ago, these two leaders couldn't even walk through the door first at the White House, as both thought it was a sign of weakness, and had to jointly walk through together... ridiculous! Palestine had its chance at the two state solution and Arafat ultimately walked away, Israel was ready to let it happen.

Not an easy problem to sort out, as whenever religion and historic animosity are involved... intransigence and wrath emerges, instead of tolerance and mutual understanding.

Edited by Sir Dude
Typos

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Regime change in Iran.

It’s been tried before folks, what we have now is the outcome of that effort.

Have another change , Democratic Countries change their leadership every five years , Iran can do the same .

22 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

What was the joke, I didn't get it ?

Then you don't understand the middle east.  Think Catholics & Protectants, but the middle east is still in the middle ages of progression.

Remember back on the Iraq civil war, and that will help explain why that happened. 

Geez, mind boggling I even have to explain that.  Although does explain a lot of the posts, and why the 'west' will never understand so many things ... :coffee1:  

Edited by KhunLA

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Then you don't understand the middle east.  Think Catholics & Protectants, but the middle east is still in the middle ages of progression.

Remember back on the Iraq civil war, and that will help explain why that happened. 

Geez, mind boggling I even have to explain that.  Although does explain a lot of the posts, and why the 'west' will never understand so many things ... :coffee1:  

I was asking where the joke was .

I understood the serious aspect of the post and know the difference between Sunnis and Shiites, but where  was the joke ?

"That would depend on what sect Muslims they are, Sunnis and Shiites :cheesy:"

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I was asking where the joke was .

I understood the serious aspect of the post and know the difference between Sunnis and Shiites, but where  was the joke ?

"That would depend on what sect Muslims they are, Sunnis and Shiites :cheesy:"

If I have to explain the jokes .... 

Here's a hint ... "90 percent of Iranians practice Shi'ism. By contrast, most Arab states in the Middle East are predominantly Sunni."

And people post on AN about geopolitical subjects :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Love It 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

If I have to explain the jokes .... 

Here's a hint ... "90 percent of Iranians practice Shi'ism. By contrast, most Arab states in the Middle East are predominantly Sunni."

The Palestinian leadership want a Palestinian state under Sharia law and similar to Iran's political system , its in the Palestinian  charter .

That's why Iran funds Hamas .

Do you want to retract your joke ?

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That would depend on what sect Muslims they are, Sunnis and Shiites :cheesy:

They both practice some form of Shiria law so what?

Sharia acts as a code for living that all Muslims should adhere to

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, 300sd said:

I hope both sides run out of amo tomorrow and never have any again. That would include nuclear weapons. An Islamophobe? No I don't think so, but if not agreeing with sharia law makes me that then I'm in.

The Iranian regime in bent on the destruction of Israel. Israel has a right just like your country or any other country to exist. Antisemetics probably don't feel that way.  How about you?

I firmly believe in Israel's right to exist, I also support the notion of resolving borders based on the UN's longstanding proposals.

You do know the borders have significantly changed in Israel's favour, primarily through the expansion of settlements in the West Bank and the annexation of East Jerusalem, actions widely regarded as illegal under international law. Following the 1967 Six-Day War, Israel occupied territories that were previously controlled by Jordan and Egypt.

Supporting Israel's right to exist and advocating for a peaceful resolution does not necessitate an opposition to Islam or its laws.

My opinion is that Shariah law has nothing to do with me, other cultures can do what they want as long as they don't try to impose it on Thailand.

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

As long as there is NO 2 state solution, nor as long as Israel continues to slaughter innocent Palestinian men, women, children and babies.

Better tell that to Hamas, they don't want a two state solution, while your at it, tell it to Iran who want to wipe out Israel. Have Hamas handed back the hostages yet including babies and children? The ones they've not murdered that is?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sir Dude said:

Really, it's a case of six of one and half a dozen of the other with this one. Problem is, you have two historically oppressed people living next door to each other that hate one another.

Hamas kicked off this latest cycle of violence to stop Israel and Saudi Arabia making a diplomatic deal at recognition etc. which Iran clearly didn't want. Iranians aren't Arabs, they're Persians and Shia, who have nothing but contempt for the Sunnis... hate each other almost (if not more) than they hate the infidel. Hamas etc. are clearly being used and at great cost to themselves, and few have come to their aid in the Muslim world. Actions have consequences, I'm afraid... what did you think Israel would do? Theocracy is a terrible form of national government.

Israel, on the other hand, acts beligerently and often disproportionately in its defense, and its government always has to appease the ultra-orthodox parties to stay in power and is clearly paranoid (with good reason). Sadly, unless Israel presents a very tough MO, then it will be overwhelmed by it's neighbours and they will be exterminated with extreme prejudice, so has the right to defend itself like all other countries.

There's also one other problem you have in the Middle East, and that is that all sides want the last word, hence once it starts, then it's a very difficult cycle to break unless it's some very complicated face-saving deal for both sides... remember when Clnton almost got the deal between Ehud Barrak and Yasser Arafat all that time ago, these two leaders couldn't even walk through the door first at the White House, as both thought it was a sign of weakness, and had to jointly walk through together... ridiculous! Palestine had its chance at the two state solution and Arafat ultimately walked away, Israel was ready to let it happen.

Not an easy problem to sort out, as whenever religion and historic animosity are involved... intransigence and wrath emerges, instead of tolerance and mutual understanding.

Somewhat true - but mainly wrong - and clearly not aware of the real situation in the country of Israel. 20% of Israel's population is Muslim. They occupy positions of importance from Doctors to Politicians.  Israel is not the problem (mainly) - it is the radical extremist Muslims that refuse to allow Israel to exist in 'their lands'. 

You and many others do not realise that Islam is not the problem, it is the radical Islamists that are the problem. If you think about Christianity in the past, you can see that there is not just one form of Christianity. Some of them were extremely violent against non-believers and against other Christians too.  Islam is the same - there are many 'branches' of Islam, and within those branches they have some extremely radical members/groups (Gaza, Hezbolla, etc etc etc).  And it is not just in Israel - there are 'active' Muslim terrorists group all over the world.

List of designated terrorist groups - Wikipedia

Islam: The Politically Incorrect Truth (thereligionofpeace.com)

Sadly, IMO peace will only come after Israel/USA/NATO destroys those countries (like Iran) and groups (like Gaza and Hezbolla) that either commit and/or facilitate terrorist attacks on Israel. But that will mean the death of a lot of people - so the western powers have always 'encouraged' Israel to only defend - not to attack and wipe them out.  I am fearful that one day a nuclear weapon will explode in Israel - that will result in the annihilation of 10s of millions of Muslim people.