Trump's Claim of Gaza Visit Draws Scrutiny Amid Factual Discrepancies

Social Media

5 hours ago, Social Media said:

A campaign official, when asked for clarification, responded by claiming that “Gaza is in Israel” and that Trump had been to Israel, though Gaza is geographically distinct from Israel.

Not just geographically distinct from israel, it's not and has never been part of modern israel. It was excluded in 1947, and has never become part of israel since.

It might have been possible for Trump to have a quick wander over the border in the past without official notification, in the same way as western tourists to israel didn't get an official israeli stamp in their passport, in case they wanted to go work in Saudi, which banned anyone with an israeli stamp in their passport from entering.

I'm not saying he did, just that it might have been possible, but probably not as POTUS.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is a coming from a man for whom lies is a form of stock in trade, in his life, and his business. The man has absolutely no integrity and him telling a lie is like taking a breath for most of us. 

Do you think that if you repeat the same thing over and over it will make us stop supporting him and support her instead?

:coffee1:

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Social Media said:

His administration’s decision to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem and the signing of the Abraham Accords, which normalized relations between Israel and certain Arab nations, were significant milestones that his supporters often highlight.

Not this supporter, that's for sure.

BTW, one of those nations was Saudi and I'm guessing that deal is as dead as the Dodo.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not just geographically distinct from israel, it's not and has never been part of modern israel. It was excluded in 1947, and has never become part of israel since.

It might have been possible for Trump to have a quick wander over the border in the past without official notification, in the same way as western tourists to israel didn't get an official israeli stamp in their passport, in case they wanted to go work in Saudi, which banned anyone with an israeli stamp in their passport from entering.

I'm not saying he did, just that it might have been possible, but probably not as POTUS.

That's a pretty weak argument on behalf of your 'leader'. Best to just stow it if that's all you have.

34 minutes ago, neeray said:

That's a pretty weak argument on behalf of your 'leader'. Best to just stow it if that's all you have.

I await your far better and far superior reply to the topic then. You know what the topic is, don't you? Hint, it's not me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

I doubt the U.S. President needs to have studied geography. Or any other subject. He just needs to know how to cook a dog.

Oh that's so funny- I laughed like a drain. You are wasted on here and should apply to go on a TV comedy show. They'll be luvin' you.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

He probably don't know where Gaza. His geography is at best elementary. Among his geography gaffes, he mistaken Nepal and Bhutan as parts of India or praising Nambia for their health care system when there are no country call Nambia. Nearer home, he flub Sioux City for Sioux Falls and mistakenly congratulate Kansas City on its Super Bowl win. The man is a goofball. 

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I await your far better and far superior reply to the topic then. You know what the topic is, don't you? Hint, it's not me.

Just carrying on the discussion that you initiated, After all, this is a discussion forum.

• Love It 1

That Trump is lying and bragging is nothing new.

The gross aspect of this is that he's talking about Gaza, which is completely in ruins with 1.5 million people displaced, as beach property that could be developed. That guy is beyond despicable. 

By the way, Trump said the same about North Korea. And Jared Kushner has floated the same ideas about Gaza. I'm sure that as part of ethnic cleansing and land grabbing there's some rich Americans just waiting to make a buck there.

Edited by Presto
  • Agree 1

See now..... lots are people are going to jump on this.....BUT.....you have to remember this is a Vance tactic, not a lie.

The Vance tactic is based on the 'fact' you can.......

a. Say what the hell you want (it's up to the media to check the veracity of any statements).

b. Say what the hell you want, if it is a genuine attempt to educate the electorate.

When will the people of America understand that this Yellow Clown is a charlatan and a terrible liar!! He is certainly demented and even have problems talking straight! He is supposed to be on Statins and that is known to damage the brain as one of the side effects! He is also ignorant about world politics and love dictators! You want him as a president! Are you insane??? 😫

26 minutes ago, harryviking said:

When will the people of America understand that this Yellow Clown is a charlatan and a terrible liar!! He is certainly demented and even have problems talking straight! He is supposed to be on Statins and that is known to damage the brain as one of the side effects! He is also ignorant about world politics and love dictators! You want him as a president! Are you insane??? 😫

Is he a terrible liar?.......yes and no......he has been 'clever' enough in 8 years to make lying in high office, both in the US and the UK,.....acceptable.....that is quite some feat.