Porked & busted: Thai woman nabbed for telling ‘pork’ pies 208 times

snoop1130

The butcher or his accountant obviously didn't reconcile his bank statement with his sales records - a fundamental accounting practice. 

Dollars to a pork chop he's also probably paid tax on the missing revenue.

As an aside, do non-Brits/Aussies/Kiwis understand what a porkie is? :coffee1:

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gsxrnz said:

The butcher or his accountant obviously didn't reconcile his bank statement with his sales records - a fundamental accounting practice. 

Dollars to a pork chop he's also probably paid tax on the missing revenue.

As an aside, do non-Brits/Aussies/Kiwis understand what a porkie is? :coffee1:

Full-blooded Murikkkan here with enough British friends to understand what a porkie is, as well as "Bob's yer uncle" and "all 6's and 7's."

17 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Unfortunately, the butcher is unlikely to see the money that he is owed.

So much for banking apps.

Why "So much for banking apps"?  If the butcher took 10 seconds and checked his app he wouldn't be out of pocket.   The situation in the OP cannot be blamed on banking apps, the banking app didn't confirm payment, he relied on the woman's LINE app. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why "So much for banking apps"?  If the butcher took 10 seconds and checked his app he wouldn't be out of pocket.   The situation in the OP cannot be blamed on banking apps, the banking app didn't confirm payment, he relied on the woman's LINE app. 

Although I am not a supporter of using a banking app on a phone, in this case the 'app' was clearly not the problem. However, it has nothing to do with Line either - the problem is the banking system in Thailand. I have bought some things online in Thailand and the seller wanted me to send them a copy of the 'bank transaction' - which I did. When I asked later why he needed the copy to be sent, he said that some banks take a few days to transfer the money into his account - and he just does not have the time to check his incoming transactions to see if it has arrived yet. Transfers within a bank are usually done very quickly, but some inter-bank transactions take a long time.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Wannipa was arrested and initially agreed to repay the butcher, leading to her release on bail. However, she failed to return the money and relocated in an attempt to evade arrest. The case was then transferred to CIB officers, resulting in her arrest yesterday.

Needs to be trotted off to the cells as she clearly cannot be trusted.

7 hours ago, baipaibkk said:

what does that have to do with a banking app? It's just stupidity on the part of the butcher

you see opportunities for these low-life all the time.. waiting in line as someone pays electronically (QR Code), the assistant is busy..the buyer just shows her a screen with a payment made and assistant says ok..it could be a screen capture from a past purchase!

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Wannipa was arrested and initially agreed to repay the butcher, leading to her release on bail. However, she failed to return the money and relocated in an attempt to evade arrest.

Fair enough, no bail until it is repaid

3 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Eating animals is disgusting.

Eating some animals is disgusting....but I am even less keen on eating insects. I ate a fried locust once, about what you would think, pretty bland and awful. I also ate a rat, which was totally ok, nice actually.