Is this legal? No farangs welcome...

GypsyT

I'm looking to rent a nice condo. I found one but;

"Bangpu Condo ( not accepting foreigners )"

4.5 stars out of Bangpoo, Samut Prakan, Thailand - See map

***** We do not accept foreign customers. ******

Legal information

This property is managed by a private host. EU law relating to professional hosts may not apply here.

Edited by GypsyT

44 minutes ago, johng said:

Even if it is legal or not  why would you want to stay at a place that clearly doesn't want you ?

I hear you but I like/love to be in Thailand...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

D...... Thai men do not usually drag Bar girls back in the middle of the night....

That is probably the reason.In days gone by it was quite a common reason for landlords (who tended to be upper class types) being reluctant to rent apartments to single foreigners (and I mean respectably employed businessmen not sexpats).

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

That is probably the reason.In days gone by it was quite a common reason for landlords (

Yer of course Jayboy---I guess for some people sarcasm died a while ago........ (I'll just stick to the joke page)

Edited by oxo1947
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Thai men don’t take whores home. That is what short time rooms and short time curtain hotels are for. 

Back to the OP, things have been a lot harder in Bangkok for us since that fat Brit took a dump in the street and then washed himself in the spirit house pond completely stark naked.

Us Brits used to be known as from the “Land of the Gentleman” in Thailand, but he wrecked it for us all.

Yes, now you're known as from the "Land of street defecators".

Edited by Cameroni
  • Confused 1

So Brits are abandoning gentleman habits?

In old days they always bought a car with sunroof.

Why? 'cause the Brit gent always put pants on only standing up.....

• Agree 1

Okey, thanks. I never had that before in any place in Thailand.

Now I want to stay in heart of Bangkok and get to re-live my trip in 1974 or so....

PS. Do I dare to ask my female friend to book it for me in her name?

I don't want any trouble for her. I'll stay alone most of the time.

Edited by GypsyT
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

are you looking through airbnb? 

if it's obviously foreigner, especially chinese the other residents are right to be hostile about their condos being rented out like hotels like that, a lot of inner-bankgok condos are overrun with airbnbs, 

thai renters might fly under the radar 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, digbeth said:

are you looking through airbnb? 

It seems to be an airbnb situation, and personally I would not rent anything long term anywhere without looking at it first.

OP, my suggestion is get a hotel for the first few days, walk around the area(s) you would like to be in, chances are you will find exactly what you are looking for, at a reasonable price.

• Like 1

Thanks! I did that and found others but not as good.

I like to be close to BTS station since I'm exploring Bangkok.

Generally I've started to stay "Thai only" places and savings can be high.

In Khon Khan I paid half (!) what farang rate was... the owner was Chinese family.

First cold and even rude but after staying a month they warmed up and were friendly.

4 hours ago, GypsyT said:

Okey, thanks. I never had that before in any place in Thailand.

Now I want to stay in heart of Bangkok and get to re-live my trip in 1974 or so....

PS. Do I dare to ask my female friend to book it for me in her name?

I don't want any trouble for her. I'll stay alone most of the time.

If you'll be doing anything at immigration you'll be needing a TM30 which your (her) landlord would have to supply you.

Edited by Upnotover

This isn't even that uncommon and it's for foreigners in general. The typical Chang'd up losers are posting their nonsense but I can tell you some private landlords don't want to get involved with foreigners due to the reporting requirement. An even smaller amount just don't want to rent to foreigners because they simply don't want to deal with them and there aren't anti-discrimination laws in Thailand so no it's not illegal. The White Liberals and whining non-White Westerners will not point that out though. Their hypocrisy allows them to be in places such as Thailand however.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

D...... Thai men do not usually drag Bar girls back in the middle of the night....

E...Thai men do not usually jump from the Balcony when their steady girl has got a better offer  

:w00t:

No, instead they drag them off to be raped in the woods. Or kill them in the room.. 

16 minutes ago, kevozman1 said:

This isn't even that uncommon and it's for foreigners in general. The typical Chang'd up losers are posting their nonsense but I can tell you some private landlords don't want to get involved with foreigners due to the reporting requirement. An even smaller amount just don't want to rent to foreigners because they simply don't want to deal with them and there aren't anti-discrimination laws in Thailand so no it's not illegal. The White Liberals and whining non-White Westerners will not point that out though. Their hypocrisy allows them to be in places such as Thailand however.

What is more hypocritical.. Seems you are with your Anti-foreigner critique. A housing owner can choose not to want foreigners simply because of the hassles of dealing with immigration. Most foreigners seeking a rental condo or apartment are decent people. I have seen many stories about Thais trashing apartments and leaving with the owners complaints they lost money just trying to clean the room to rent again.