Car Cuts Off Ambulance Twice While Transporting Patient from Khon Kaen to Chonburi

Georgealbert

IMG_6868.jpeg

A road rage incident involving a private ambulance and a reckless driver took place early on October 15. A video clip shared by Facebook group “Udon Has Checkpoints, News, Molam, and Events” shows a car dangerously cutting off an ambulance twice while it was transporting a patient from Khon Kaen to Chonburi for treatment.

The incident occurred at 03:05 as recorded by the dash-cam of the private ambulance. The ambulance was traveling in the right lane when a white car overtook from the left, abruptly cut in front of the ambulance, and slowed down. The ambulance driver moved to the left lane to pass. However, the same car again overtook from the right and repeated the dangerous manoeuvre, stopping in front of the ambulance as if attempting to cause a crash.

The ambulance’s sirens were activated in an attempt to alert the driver, but the car continued its erratic behaviour . The ambulance driver later explained that two other cars carrying the patient’s relatives were following closely behind and witnessed the entire incident.

The driver stated, “We were driving from Khon Kaen towards Chonburi for medical treatment when this car suddenly appeared, cutting in front of us with high beams on. I initially thought the driver might have been startled, so I switched lanes. However, the car overtook us again and repeated the same reckless action.”

He emphasised that there had been no previous altercation with the car driver and that the ambulance had been driving normally, with his blue lights on. He urged the driver responsible for the dangerous behaviour to reflect on the potential consequences, saying, “If the patient in the ambulance had been their own family member, how would they feel?”

The incident is under investigation, with many online expressing concern over the dangers of such reckless driving, particularly when it could endangers lives in an emergency situation.

Picture from dash-cam, which is below.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-15

news-footer-2.png

image.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 8

A Driver impeding an ambulance should be taken very seriously. Authorities should use the license plate to identify the driver and vehicle. The driver should be arrested and the vehicle impounded. A punishment suitable for such a crime would be a few years in jail, forfeiture of the vehicle, and a ten-year suspension of the driver's license with retraining to learn to drive.  Such a punishment would send a clear message to others about the importance of yielding to emergency vehicles.

If the driver could prove it wasn't them then whoever was driving receives the punishment, however, the vehicle is still forfeited.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

• Agree 1

I've seen this behavior on several occasions. People just don't know the rules of the road or as some have said...don't give damn.

It was very frustrating to watch in real time.

Definately should have his license suspended and perhaps made to foot the hospital & transport fees. Plus an idiot fine.

18 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

They must start to give very harsh penalties for this kind of behavior. I would say that person should have a minimum of 5 years. That should be 5 years full, as there is no need for confession. The proof is already there.

The perfect man spoke. Now that I have also needed to impose the penalties. Why was the ambulance going on the right?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, itsari said:

Many ambulance drivers are driving with sirens blaring and lights flashing with a non urgent patiant or no patiant at all .

Hard to take them seriously 

And you know this how?

3 minutes ago, Utalk2mutt said:

And you know that how exactly? It is not up to you to determine the urgency of an ambulance. If you see the lights flashing or hear the sirens then just damn well move and let the ambulance be on its way.

Its hard to take you seriously after such an idiotic comment.

Its fact , i have been watching the ambulance driver behaviour for a long time .

Many Thai drivers are aware too

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Utalk2mutt said:

I stand by my comment.

It is not for you or anyone else for that matter to determine the business of any ambulance displaying flashing lights or sounding sirens. Just move out of the way and do not impede its journey.

What was the patiants family doing following the ambulance , that sounds dubious 

• Confused 3

12 minutes ago, itsari said:

Its fact , i have been watching the ambulance driver behaviour for a long time .

Many Thai drivers are aware too

You would have to be inside the hundreds of ambulances in use daily countrywide  to see if they are carrying patients to know this. Otherwise, like many do here, you're assuming, which doesn't work.

11 minutes ago, Utalk2mutt said:

I stand by my comment.

It is not for you or anyone else for that matter to determine the business of any ambulance displaying flashing lights or sounding sirens. Just move out of the way and do not impede its journey.

I would never impede an ambulance full stop.

But Thai drivers will and i am trying to show you how to look at the ambulance service in Thailand.

11 minutes ago, itsari said:

What was the patiants family doing following the ambulance , that sounds dubious 

Doesn’t sound dubious at all. The ambulance is not a taxi how else do you expect family members to get to the hospital to be with the patient?