Pre-paid Credit Card

I've got a credit card in the US but if I make local purchases I get hit with international transaction fees.
I'd like to obtain one of those pre-deposit, M/C or Visa credit card from a Thai bank to make local purchases.
I can tie up 100K THB as a deposit for a 100K THB credit limit which is way more than I'll ever need.  What I don't want it a bank which insists on holding double the deposit of the credit limit.

What banks in Thailand will issue a credit card with these deposit/credit limits to a farang with a yellow house book, pink ID, Tax-ID, married to a Thai woman, who came into Thailand originally on a Non-B visa (now I just stay on marriage extensions).

The Bank of Ayudhya issued a secured credit card to me many years ago, B50000 deposit, credit limit equal to deposit amount. I assume they, and most banks, still do. I later worked for a Thai company and got a regular card.

A poster recently claimed that SCB would only offer a limit in the amount of half the proposed deposit. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Could have been his particular branch, or a misunderstanding. Must check for yourself.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BigStar said:

A poster recently claimed that SCB would only offer a limit in the amount of half the proposed deposit. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I recall Kasikorn offered me one several years ago with the same conditions. Maybe now they changed.

UOB offered me one without any security, I only had to prove that I also had deposits in other banks, but I didn't need to lock up any funds.
I declined the offer coz I don't need a CC, i have an online DC, and that is all I need, as i prefer cash or pay with scan code

• Thanks 1

Look like I may have to walk around to all the banks at the local Big C and have my wife ask. 
So nobody has a credit card out there who actually knows this information? 

7 minutes ago, connda said:

Look like I may have to walk around to all the banks at the local Big C and have my wife ask. 
So nobody has a credit card out there who actually knows this information? 

Bangkok Bank offers this.