Wallet with 40,000 Baht Returned to Owner After Being Lost at Khao Kheow Open Zoo

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — A Thai woman visiting Khao Kheow Open Zoo near Pattaya was overjoyed after a Facebook post helped reunite her with a lost wallet containing over 40,000 baht.

On October 14th, the wallet owner, Ms. Phasuk Samroengsin, a 34-year-old factory worker from Rayong, shared with local reporters that she lost her wallet during a family trip to Khao Kheow Open Zoo on October 13th.

She and her family were visiting, Moo Deng, the current superstar of the zoo, when she had taken out the wallet to buy a drink but accidentally left it behind.

Ms. Phasuk stated that the wallet contained over 40,000 baht in cash and important documents. After searching around the zoo and unable to find it, she thought she would never get it back.

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 

-- 2024-10-16

news-footer-3.png

image.png

By Aim Tanakorn

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't buy it ...  it reeks of bs.   40,000 in a wallet?  a factory worker with 40k ...

haven't heard from an honest taxi driver for a while ...  

I think forget the zoo's TAT ...  not very convincing.  :vampire:

• Sad 3

It usually happens this time of year just before High season kicks in that, lost  & returned wallet's  with many Thousands of Baht enclosed is usually  reserved for  the  back seats of Taxi's and their honest Driver's, but this is also a plug for Moo Deng

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow! Great news!

I once left my pouch with all my money (10,000 baht), credit cards, ID cards, and passport in a shopping cart in a Tesco (now Lotus's) parking lot after I loaded my groceries in my car. I didn't notice the pouch was missing until I got home, about a 30-minute drive. I immediately returned but could not find the pouch. I went to the Tesco Information Desk and told them what happened. They asked me some questions to confirm who I was and then returned my pouch. It had been found by another shopper, who turned it in. EVERYTHING WAS STILL THERE! NOTHING WAS MISSING!

I asked for the person's name so I could contact him/her, thank them, and give them a reward, but they would not give me the name.

From now on, when I shop, I put my car keys in my pouch so I cannot drive away without it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

yes,  I was walking home one night after drinking alot of beers and I dropped my wallet which had 7,432,628 baht in it and also 25 credit cards.

Next morning I strangely remember I walked through the soi that had teen bike gangs revving their bike's around me, and just further on was several mafia gangsters parked and I seen then exchanging money for packages,   then at the end of the soi were many bar girls drinking at the table with their bf's and talking loud that they didn't have enough money...... and there were two taxi's parked and the drivers looking at me cautiously. 

Anyway,  next morning I quickly rushed back down that same soi and there was my wallet lying on the road, I checked inside and the 7,432,628 baht and 25 credit cards were all still in it. 

I was so happy.   Such honesty here,  it's almost unbelievable  !  

TAT should use my story ....  Honest Thais ...  

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Thais on average are much more honest than average Brits.

Hardly ever hear this happening in England.

I would have pocketed the 40,000 and headed straight down to Soi 6.

Edited by MalcolmB
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I don't buy it ...  it reeks of bs.   40,000 in a wallet?  a factory worker with 40k ...

haven't heard from an honest taxi driver for a while ...  

I think forget the zoo's TAT ...  not very convincing.  :vampire:

Well since it was found and returned it is likely true. Perhaps she was planning a trip to Walking St later. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

You are right.

What really happened was that the couple found the wallet and it was empty.

So, wanting to make someone's day (and a bit of karma) they put 40,000 baht in the wallet for the poor person. :thumbsup:

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

She's accidentally lost her brain to, let's get her Facebook friends looking for her common sense. 

Maybe she was going to use the money for something.

Edited by Gottfrid

10 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Maybe she was going to use the money for something.

You could be right, on occasions I have had large amounts of cash on me but I would never got to a zoo, bar, shopping etc. First I would do the transaction, get rid of the cash then go to the zoo. 

Let me know if you would manage it differently. 

BTW, that is a lot of money for a factory worker, close to her life savings I'd say. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You could be right, on occasions I have had large amounts of cash on me but I would never got to a zoo, bar, shopping etc. First I would do the transaction, get rid of the cash then go to the zoo. 

Let me know if you would manage it differently. 

BTW, that is a lot of money for a factory worker, close to her life savings I'd say. 

Agree! She was also very lucky to get it back. However, sometimes, or very often, they don´t think the same ways we do.

2 hours ago, WDSmart said:

I went to the Tesco Information Desk and told them what happened. They asked me some questions to confirm who I was and then returned my pouch. It had been found by another shopper, who turned it in. EVERYTHING WAS STILL THERE! NOTHING WAS MISSING!

What you went to the desk to report it OMG you didn't omit that and go straight on Facebook, to report it ................ :cheesy::cheesy: it's amazing how some people are so dumb not to report it at the point they lost it. Yep my keys stay in my bag. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I often see factory workers walking around with 40k baht 

I reckon she's a show off. 

Taking the money out is the last thing I'd do, you would try to keep it hidden. 

She's accidentally lost her brain to, let's get her Facebook friends looking for her common sense. 

Showing off large sum of money may get wrong sort of attention.

Such as bag snatchers, or muggers.

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I often see factory workers walking around with 40k baht 

I reckon she's a show off. 

Taking the money out is the last thing I'd do, you would try to keep it hidden. 

Does it feel good to ridicule people? Did you bully the other kids in school? While we're at it, let's see if facebook can find your lost humanity and sympathy. As to YOUR brain, well, you can't find something that was never there. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

What you went to the desk to report it OMG you didn't omit that and go straight on Facebook, to report it ................ :cheesy::cheesy: it's amazing how some people are so dumb not to report it at the point they lost it. Yep my keys stay in my bag. 

well, it's a good thing there are so many "dumb" people out there so that you can pretend to be smart by comparison, isn't it? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Does it feel good to ridicule people? Did you bully the other kids in school? While we're at it, let's see if facebook can find your lost humanity and sympathy. As to YOUR brain, well, you can't find something that was never there. 

Looks like Mr Cranky got out of the bed on the wrong side today. 

Maybe Facebook can help find your sense of humour. 

8 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:
2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

well, it's a good thing there are so many "dumb" people out there so that you can pretend to be smart by comparison, isn't it? 

Well it seems I am smarter than you though init. Nice try at a flame but you failed.

• Love It 1

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:
13 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Looks like Mr Cranky got out of the bed on the wrong side today. 

Maybe Facebook can help find your sense of humour. 

Agree he is a hypocrite, he just tried to 'ridicule' me what a pleb.  another newbie. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes,  I was walking home one night after drinking alot of beers and I dropped my wallet which had 7,432,628 baht in it and also 25 credit cards.

Next morning I strangely remember I walked through the soi that had teen bike gangs revving their bike's around me, and just further on was several mafia gangsters parked and I seen then exchanging money for packages,   then at the end of the soi were many bar girls drinking at the table with their bf's and talking loud that they didn't have enough money...... and there were two taxi's parked and the drivers looking at me cautiously. 

Anyway,  next morning I quickly rushed back down that same soi and there was my wallet lying on the road, I checked inside and the 7,432,628 baht and 25 credit cards were all still in it. 

I was so happy.   Such honesty here,  it's almost unbelievable  !  

TAT should use my story ....  Honest Thais ...  

:cheesy: