Phuket taxi driver hits foreign man on airport zebra crossing

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, Mickboy said:

A Thai taxi driver hit a foreign man on a zebra crossing at Phuket International Airport yesterday leaving the man with serious injuries

Hit him with what ?

Might have been a stick or a crate of beer; might even have been a car!

18 minutes ago, Mickboy said:

A Thai taxi driver hit a foreign man on a zebra crossing at Phuket International Airport yesterday leaving the man with serious injuries

Hit him with what ?

A taxi I assume.

26 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

Hasn't stopped me yet, I think I am up to 4 people who've felt my wrath. Like I said, it's self-defense, they tried to hit me with their 4000lb weapon in a Zebra crossing.

I don't know that I believe your story but you go with that. If that is what you do its pretty foolish and you will lose at your game at some point.

9 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Yes but i was in a situation similar at Zebra crossing. The police do not have to press charges if a settlement is reached. The police will negotiate between the victim and the driver. No matter what, pedestrians have the right of way everywhere, especially at Zebra crossings. 

Yes police negotiate as they don't want to have to do all the paperwork and then appear in court. It undermines the punishment needed to deter violations. Your court example is seldom if every successful even if you were to win. I don't believe pedestrians have the right if way everywhere, only at marked and designated crosswalks. Having the right of way does little to help if your tragically injured or killed. Collecting on penalties\fines is a whole other can of worms

36 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I don't know that I believe your story but you go with that. If that is what you do its pretty foolish and you will lose at your game at some point.

My daughter was with me each time, which is why they felt my wrath. Getting within inches of someone in a Zebra crossing is attempted murder in my book, I will defend my daughter and myself at all costs. Exactly how do you see me losing? I am more than half way cross a Zebra crossing, and a car is trying to run me over.....it's against the law, a 4000 baht fine for doing so, 40,000 baht fine if they hit me in the crossing. The only one going to lose will be the driver. But I've stopped walking to pick her up anymore, too dangerous, but when I have too, I also am wearing my DJI actioncamera on the magnetic necklace to cover myself against aggressive and dangerous drivers who will no doubt lie. 

• Haha 1

Number one he doesn't have a kind heart He's driving hiding his evilness behind his tinted windows and he has no tax and no insurance and even if he didn't have insurance you're looking at a few thousand dollars for the compensation of a missing limb.