Be warned about Lazada's new silly rule

CallumWK

29 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Can anyone tell me why Lazada increases the shipping price by double once you try to place your order.

Never happened to me in years of buying from them. More like free shipping on many orders. OK, so now their new rules may apply. Shopee here I come!

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

It’s common for Lazada to say free shipping and when you get to checkout it’s 38 baht.

I think it’s due to being in Chiang Rai.

In my experience, it almost always says Bht 38 or more for shipping, and at Checkout it is deducted. Even parcels from China are only 38.

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

What I'm confused about is why anyone would place an order and then carry on looking to see if you could find the item cheaper elsewhere. Wouldn't it make more sense to check around first and when you're 100% sure you've found the cheapest, then you place the order?

Bit like choosing a Thai wife. Not a good idea to shop around after the deed. Especially early on. Best to check out the options first. Can she make a nice cup of Rosy? Could she tell you all the EPL champions? Does she reach for a machete when she gets angry? Does she understand the rules of cricket; or at least be willing to learn them? Can she swim?

I have 2.6k baht locked into my Lazada wallet for over two years. Can't access it.

30 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The Bht 25 Shipping Fee Promotion will count as some sort of promotion, so, unfortunatley, their rules will apply. 

I agree it is a PITA, and will consider using only Shopee from now on. 

The promotion was not applied by me.

The seller must have  done that or lazada.

I think Lazada is far superior to Shopee, but that just my opinion.

2 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

I have a 75" TV to be delivered in a day or two that I will reject because I found it 3,000 baht cheaper without the "free" soundbar that I don't want.

Off topic,

Paid 16,500bht for my TCL 75" google tv (Lazada sale day) and it's the best tv I've ever owned.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

It’s common for Lazada to say free shipping and when you get to checkout it’s 38 baht.

I think it’s due to being in Chiang Rai.

Nah, you either didn't collect the free shipping voucher, or you didn't order using the Lazada app on your phone.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Bit like choosing a Thai wife. Not a good idea to shop around after the deed. Especially early on. Best to check out the options first. Can she make a nice cup of Rosy? Could she tell you all the EPL champions? Does she reach for a machete when she gets angry? Does she understand the rules of cricket; or at least be willing to learn them? Can she swim?

I have 2.6k baht locked into my Lazada wallet for over two years. Can't access it.

Have you investigated the option of "withdrawal" to a Bank account?

I had a wallet balance that no matter how I tried I could not satisfy the requirements to utilize. Then the "withdrawal" feature surfaced and that was no problem to use.

I have used it more than once to withdraw credit for wrong items or undelivered items.

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nah, you either didn't collect the free shipping voucher, or you didn't order using the Lazada app on your phone.

I always collect the free shipping vouchers and I only ever order on my phone app.

I’m pretty sure it’s to do with being in Chiang Rai.

33 minutes ago, rocketboy2 said:

The promotion was not applied by me.

The seller must have  done that or lazada.

I think Lazada is far superior to Shopee, but that just my opinion.

Of course Lazada add the promotions, so that they can enforce their new rule.

I personally prefer the range of goods offered on Lazada than Shopee, but there's not much in it.

56 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Can I ask the model number?

I’ve ordered the 75T7B

75P635

Mine is the normal LCD TV (16k5), yours is the QLED version (23k2). I sit right in front of mine so I don't need the wider QLED viewing angle, and my blacks are black enough. Apart from that specs are almost identical.

Made my android google tv box redundant as I can run DS Video direct on the TV and it integrates seamlessly with my Synology NAS.

IMG_20241017_153742.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

75P635

Mine is the normal LCD TV (16k5), yours is the QLED version (23k2). I sit right in front of mine so I don't need the wider QLED viewing angle, and my blacks are black enough. Apart from that specs are almost identical.

Made my android google tv box redundant as I can run DS Video direct on the TV and it integrates seamlessly with my Synology NAS.

IMG_20241017_153742.jpg

If it integrates with my NAS I will be nicely surprised. I have about 250TB of media on them.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I used to be able to Withdraw to my Bkk Bank easily. Now it can only be done via the App, and I must attach copy of Passport/ID, and Bank book. Frustrating eh?

And my buying privileges have been suspended

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

So you buy something without looking around or researching.

Then after buying it you look around and research.

Then you don't want to buy it anymore. 

Are you 3 years old? 

So you make a comment without reading the thread, as it already is explained by me and @JBChiangRai what happened