Be warned about Lazada's new silly rule

CallumWK

I am just wondering when the culture changed from one of acknowledging one's own mistakes, and moving on, to blaming someone else for problems caused by one's own stupidity.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CallumWK said:

I placed an order on Lazada, and just minutes later I found the same item cheaper elsewhere. So since it only a few minutes had passed and the order obviously hadn't been processed yet, I decided to cancel.

Strange enough, the cancel tab was greyed out.

I clicked on the cancellation policy link, and that clearly said that if the order isn't packed yet, which is the case, it can be cancelled.

image.png.66be9af86d5f95502bf39cf2bd8f6a7e.png

https://helpcenter.lazada.co.th/s/faq/knowledge?&language=en-US&m_station=BuyerHelp&questionId=1000138733&hybrid=1&categoryId=1000027159

image.png.fa741a5c6b46b35330fbef326df1d286.png

So I decided to contact support, and then I got this, which actually means no orders at all can be cancelled anymore, because with every order a promotion of some kind is applied, even if it is only 1 baht discount.

image.png.f0c595adcc07d001f0d2a8d349a19721.png

I also spoke with support, and in their email response they made clear they were unwilling to cancel the UNPACKED order, which leaves me the only option which is to reject the delivery.

All fine and well, but of course rejection of COD orders will be noted on your profile, and they may remove the COD option for you in the future because of this.

I hadn't ordered anything from Lazada for over 8 months because of their silly rules and policies, and switched to Shopee because they are not only cheaper on most products I'm interested in, but they are also easier to deal with.

Result is that I now also will reject the other 3 others I placed with this seller, and which are shipped already, and Lazada now definitely will see the backside of me.

Good luck with them forcing themselves on customers.

I have stopped using LAZADA, as well.

I prefer dealing directly with Red Commie Bandits, which is far easier...IMHO.

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

I'm at the point of no longer investing in new disks, as they fail I don't replace them and I've binned some of the stuff that doesn't interest me.  I won't lose anything with the next 2 disk failures but after that, I'll have to prioritise what I really want.

I do have Netflix too, but there's a lot of good stuff on Hulu and Apple/Apple+

If you have Netflix you'll be happy to hear Google TV allows you to search and watch Netflix using voice commands. For example, OK Google play Aliens, will play the movie right away.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1