I met Mr Independent

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I was asking you what you opinion was based  on .

( BTW , Using emojis is rather juvenile , just like holding hands is )

So is repeating the same question when the answer was obvious from the very first reply ...

... wait for it .... :coffee1:

6 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Emotional support?!!  The only people who need emotional support are those who are mentally-ill or soft-brained!  My father was 'old-skool' and I was brought up to understand that the world owes you nothing and you have to stand on your own 2 feet.  I have friends and family, both in-person and online, but contact with them is for social/family reasons, not for this new-fangled woke reason of emotional support. FFS grow a pair!

Actually everyone needs emotional support at times. No man is an island. A person that can give it can also receive it, and easier, seeing they know how to fill a persons emotional needs when they are down. An empath is a prime example of this, and a narcissist is someone who can't give emotional support because they either don't care or were never taught how. What your father said is partly true, as independence is a good quality, but the world humbles the strongest man eventually. It has nothing to do with new fangled or woke, as woke doesn't fit this, and is used by many people because it's popular to use the term. People who try to face every obstacle by themselves get worn down, and eventually it can lead to depression or worse. People need people, just as a man needs a woman and a woman needs a man. It doesn't make them weak but human.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

So is repeating the same question when the answer was obvious from the very first reply ...

... wait for it .... :coffee1:

I didn't repeat the same question , I was asking you what you opinion is based on .

Holding hands isn't catching on in Thailand , its still an abnormality and felangs holding hands in Thailand are not trend setters 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, simon43 said:

I've lived in Thailand/south-east Asia for 22+ years.  The worst time that I had was when I had a Thai GF/wife.

Now divorced (for the 3rd time about 10 years ago), I am completely independent of anyone, Thai or otherwise.  I prefer it that way.  I no longer have the responsibility of considering the views of a wife or partner.  I can do what I want and go where I want. I'm a social guy, but have zero interest in sharing my life with a partner.

Since getting divorced all those years ago, I have traveled to or lived in Mauritius, Turkish coast, UK, Khao Lak, Koh Lanta, Koh Phangan, Samui, Pattaya, Ranong, Bueng Kan, Yangon, Mandalay, Naypyitaw, Luang Prabang... I'm not sure that I could do that with a partner 'in tow'.

You could if you have a partner who earns her own money and isn't financially dependent on you.

19 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You could if you have a partner who earns her own money and isn't financially dependent on you.

So probably you have a house and car etc with your partner, what % money did you both put in? usually it's 100% farang, but if your one is working still it will be high %

45 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

So probably you have a house and car etc with your partner, what % money did you both put in? usually it's 100% farang, but if your one is working still it will be high %

Well that sort of depends on one's relationship.  

Does it always have to come down to share of actually money/money put into a relationship.

Best example, from my real life with present wife, she 'contributed' as much or more, if considering savings from being with her in the 'long game'.

She turned 720k into 3M+, and something I couldn't do, since not allowed to ... own land.  The 720k was shared input, and about equal.

Our present house w/solar & EVs we presently own, cost about that much, 3M, and all paid for, from her investing savvy. 

So reality, she paid for it all, along with no need for future expenditures for housing, electric and transportation, as the play, savings & oops accounts grow at an amazing rate.  More so as she continues to invest and more land.

... that's priceless

• Like 1

[quote]

People who try to face every obstacle by themselves get worn down, and eventually it can lead to depression or worse

[/quote]

IMHO, that entirely depends upon the individual.  I have always faced my obstacles alone, and either overcome them or found an alternative solution.  I absolutely do not like to rely on others because - from previous experience - I have been let down by those who claim to be supportive.  Better to do it myself!