Lisa Blackpink to Perform in Bangkok for Amazing Thailand Countdown 2025

webfact

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Did either of them do any 'stage' (musical or theatrical tours) outside of their own country ?

Thanks to 'Rewind Magazine'' for the following.

'''If you could sum up pop culture in the 1970s in one image, it would be the sunny faces of the Partridge Family smiling out from their Day-Glo bus. Ironically, the fake band featured in the hit ABC television series had far more recording success than many real bands that hit the music scene at the same time. The Partridge Family came to dominate pop culture on both television and radio. In 1972, David Cassidy became the highest-paid live entertainer on the planet, with the highest likability rating on television, and Shirley Jones reigned as America’s grooviest TV mom.'''

Edited by owl sees all
Spealt Rewind wrong.

16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Your ignorance is understood... 

The pride you seem to take in your ignorance is strange though....  Almost as if your are of the delusional belief that if you haven't heard of these global mega stars, then they are not really worthy of their fame.... 

Why would I care about a mega star I have never heard of?

If I don't like their music it's just noise and I never follow up.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not keen on her 'music' as part of Black Pink or solo .... but her collaboration with DJ Snake was pretty good.  But no (credible) denying that she's a very well known international star.   

Although has she agreed to the event, or is this wishful thinking by TAT?  

Also .... which Bangkok countdown, surely not Central World - which is dangerously overcrowded.  Icon Siam perhaps?

15 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

For me, my musical tastes never really evolved and changed. I still like the stuff I grew up with and when that era passed I never moved on. Never even heard of Bruno Mars...

There are ebbs and flows within the musical industry - a lot of 'older stuff' is being covered... even the classics.....   the 'stuff you like'... is already very likely being 'sampled' and brought into the mainstream by fresh artists. 

Below is a very quick list of famous Musicians who's songs either directly copied, sampled and inspired by classics... 

Billy Joel – This Night / Beethoven – Pathétique Sonata

Lady Gaga – Alejandro / Vittorio Monti – Csárdás

Celine Dion – All by Myself / Rachmaninov – Piano Concerto No.2 in C minor

Maroon 5 – Memories / Pachelbel – Canon in D

The White Stripes – Seven Nation Army / Bruckner – Symphony No. 5

Elvis Presley – It’s Now or Never / Eduardo di Capua – O Sole Mio

Barry Manilow - Could It Be Magic / Chopin - Prelude in C Minor No. 20

Mika – Grace Kelly / Rossini – Largo al factotum

Robbie Williams – Party like a Russian / Prokofiev – Dance of the Knights

The Beatles – Because / Beethoven – Moonlight Sonata

Phil Collins – A Groovy Kind of Love / Clementi – Sonatina in G minor

Frank Sinatra – Full Moon and Empty Arms / Rachmaninov / Piano Concerto No.2

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The pride you seem to take in your ignorance is strange though....  Almost as if your are of the delusional belief that if you haven't heard of these global mega stars, then they are not really worthy of their fame.

Tell me Richard please. Have you ever heard of the Quackers? They are gonna be big.

Not everyone knows all arms of music.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Tell me Richard please. Have you ever heard of the Quackers? They are gonna be big.

Are they any relation to Mr Oats?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JimTripper said:
7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Your ignorance is understood... 

The pride you seem to take in your ignorance is strange though....  Almost as if your are of the delusional belief that if you haven't heard of these global mega stars, then they are not really worthy of their fame.... 

Why would I care about a mega star I have never heard of? 🤣

I completely agree...   You shouldn't... 

But its not 'your caring of the 'global mega star' that I'm critiquing...   

Its the comments being made about them... Such as "never heard of her"  in reference to Lisa from Black Pink (and then other global mega stars mentioned)....   as if the ignorance of someone who's clearly out of touch has any relevance whatsoever...

Lisa is a Global Mega star, has headlined global events, reached Billboard No.1 etc...   then someone says... "Never heard of her" ....  which, examples not only ignorance, but also the stupidity of someone who believes their knowledge base is the metric for whether someone is classified as a global star or not.

She [Lisa] is headlining NYE because she is such a huge star.....    thats the story here.

Then we have guys stating....  never heard of her....   its stupid to even make such a comment. 

Its as Dumb as a teenager posting on a forum... "Paul McCartney - never heard of him"... instead of first double checking before they put finger to keyboard. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:
7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Are they any relation to Mr Oats?

As famous as the Wiggles ?

Could be totally off topic but I hate the way at Thai restaurants and at resorts they love to play the blandest western songs - Coldplay Maroon 5 or covers of the blandest 70's and 80's music. Play thai music. Or better still nothing. In Koh Chang at lovely beach resort by the sea but at breakfast it's covers of songs that sucked in the first place. At dinner it is a filipino band playing Simply the Best and Living on a Prayer. I mean they played it ok but please. No thanks. 

Just now, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Could be totally off topic but I hate the way at Thai restaurants and at resorts they love to play the blandest western songs - Coldplay Maroon 5 or covers of the blandest 70's and 80's music. Play thai music. Or better still nothing. In Koh Chang at lovely beach resort by the sea but at breakfast it's covers of songs that sucked in the first place. At dinner it is a filipino band playing Simply the Best and Living on a Prayer. I mean they played it ok but please. No thanks. 

At least playing 'Hotel California' is no longer a common sound at every beach bar we walk past.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Sitting in silence, waiting for a message from the Holy Spirit ???? - not sure how big that will get.

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I completely agree...   You shouldn't... 

But its not 'your caring of the 'global mega star' that I'm critiquing...   

Its the comments being made about them... Such as "never heard of her"  in reference to Lisa from Black Pink (and then other global mega stars mentioned)....   as if the ignorance of someone who's clearly out of touch has any relevance whatsoever...

Lisa is a Global Mega star, has headlined global events, reached Billboard No.1 etc...   then someone says... "Never heard of her" ....  which, examples not only ignorance, but also the stupidity of someone who believes their knowledge base is the metric for whether someone is classified as a global star or not.

She [Lisa] is headlining NYE because she is such a huge star.....    thats the story here.

Then we have guys stating....  never heard of her....   its stupid to even make such a comment. 

Its as Dumb as a teenager posting on a forum... "Paul McCartney - never heard of him"... instead of first double checking before they put finger to keyboard. 

You're misinterpreting. "Never heard of them" meant just that. It was not derogatory.

You need to look at why you are seeing negativity in factual statements. Usually that points to a psych issue on your end.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

It does not seem like Bangkok gets a lot of bands I like on tour. Stuff like Metallica, Ozzy (though he is retired now), Megadeth, Assemblage 23, Sisters of Mercy, anything metal really, or even industrial stuff... They seem to be mostly concentrated on Europe or the USA.

My youtube playlist is stuck in decades gone by.  It's hard to tell if we got old, or modern popular music does suck to cater for people who look at phones all day, or there really is a limit to how many variations of popular pop and rock there can be and we see the patterns from past songs and it is boring. 

25 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Although has she agreed to the event, or is this wishful thinking by TAT?  

Exactly.I would be amazed if she had entered into a contractual agreement or even had informally agreed.My guess is that it's just wishful thinking nonsense as you suggest.

She is a global megastar, the only one that Thailand has.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

You're misinterpreting. "Never heard of them" meant just that. It was not derogatory.

You need to look at why you are seeing negativity in factual statements. Usually that points to a psych issue on your end.

Perhaps... a psych issue on my end...     an intolerance for the inane... 

.... its not the comment itself "Never heard of them" which I find daft....     its someones need to state that on an anonymous forum that I find quite ridiculous... 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Please ask Lisa is Jennie will also come. Then I have a reason to go there.

Jennie-03-met-gala-2023-billboard-1548.j

Are you ready to brave the crowd of thousands in a relatively small space, just to see them from a distance ? 🙂

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Sitting in silence, waiting for a message from the Holy Spirit ???? - not sure how big that will get.

This is the first record from the Quackerz. Called;

''Ducks going quackerz.''

Edited by owl sees all

I've been told that Lisa is not actually "Lisa" gender-wise. First her transition began here and than - Korea - the Mecca of plastic surgeries. Told by beuaty surgeon about 60+ old. 

Maybe he wanted to play some prank on me, jest whatever. I seriously did not than (and do not today) give a flying banana about her/him.

Even the hint is in the surname: Man-O-Ban[ana].

Idol for prmary and early secondary school kids.

Shania Twain forever!

Edited by NativeBob
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Enjoy. Try not to smile,

I think they opened with that number... 

... Followed by a few more favourites...

Bohemian Quack-sody (Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody)

Another One Bites the Duck (Queen - Another One Bites the Dust)

Stairway to Quackers (Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven)

Quack to Black (Amy Winehouse - Back to Black)

Quacking on Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves - Walking on Sunshine)

Quack It Off (Taylor Swift - Shake It Off)

Duck It Like It’s Hot (Snoop Dogg - Drop It Like It’s Hot)

Uptown Quack (Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk)

Quacks Don’t Lie (Shakira - Hips Don’t Lie)

Don’t Stop Believin’ in Quack (Journey - Don’t Stop Believin’)

... and my personal favourite... 

Duck Me Baby One More Time (Britney Spears - Hit Me Baby One More Time)

I think Lisa (Black Pink) is working on a Collaboration with Ed the Duck (Daft Punk's - Da Funk) involving re-mixes of some of the above... such is the global demand ... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think they opened with that number... 

... Followed by a few more favourites...

Bohemian Quack-sody (Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody)

Another One Bites the Duck (Queen - Another One Bites the Dust)

Stairway to Quackers (Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven)

Quack to Black (Amy Winehouse - Back to Black)

Quacking on Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves - Walking on Sunshine)

Quack It Off (Taylor Swift - Shake It Off)

Duck It Like It’s Hot (Snoop Dogg - Drop It Like It’s Hot)

Uptown Quack (Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk)

Quacks Don’t Lie (Shakira - Hips Don’t Lie)

Don’t Stop Believin’ in Quack (Journey - Don’t Stop Believin’)

... and my personal favourite... 

Duck Me Baby One More Time (Britney Spears - Hit Me Baby One More Time)

I think Lisa (Black Pink) is working on a Collaboration with Ed the Duck (Daft Punk's - Da Funk) involving re-mixes of some of the above... such is the global demand ... 

Yes! Yes, yes. Lots of well intended humour in that post. Like it!!

I happen to know that 'Quackerz' are shortly to tour Latin America. I'm sure the experience will influence their coming recordings. Rio Grande and all that. I'll speak to Mr Duck (the lead quacker) and see if he will allow me to let loose some more gems on AN as they record them.

1 hour ago, proton said:

Very talented and hard working girl, not really my type of Thai singer though

Bit slim for my taste. I prefer Niniawan.

Edited by owl sees all