Grass Seed!

aka_jack

Anybody know where to buy grass seed from in hua hin have checked the most obvious places but cannot find any!! A couple of places even told me thay dont have in thailand!! i was going to reply well how did you get that grass on the front of your shop, but just walked away instead opting to keep my mouth shut!! Anybody???????

I would be interested in any replies here too.

I was thinking that on next trip to UK i buy a few kilo of good quality lawn seed - anyone any ideas of import problems (there must be, if the guys in the white suits look)

Anyone done this before??

Oh for the green green grass of home .. provding it is in the front of my house in CM

My understanding that is not available in seed forum, only sod, is due to problems for the rice and other farmers where the seeds can get in and contaminate their crops. Just had my lawn sodded (Chiangmai) because couldn't get seeds. :o

For what it's worth there is a 'grass growing' place just out of Surrathani on the way to the Koh Samui ferry.

I've intended to check it out but there has always been some other pressing need!

The point being there must be some seed there! I'll make a point of dropping in the next time I'm in that area.

However, should any interested 'grass growing' person intend to be in that area soon please do a bit of reconnaisance.

Anybody know where to buy grass seed from in hua hin have checked the most obvious places but cannot find any!! A couple of places even told me thay dont have in thailand!! i was going to reply well how did you get that grass on the front of your shop, but just walked away instead opting to keep my mouth shut!! Anybody???????

Never seen it in Thailand, all I've ever seen is "poorly" sodded lawns

Most ag shops that sell sod (which are the types that grow best here), also sell small quantities of lawn seed in cans. It's really expensive and there's zero guarantee of how it's been stored, for how long, or if it will ever take root. There are seed growing farms in the Lopburi area, but that is mostly for forage seed, but they also do lawn seed as well.

I would be interested in any replies here too.

I was thinking that on next trip to UK i buy a few kilo of good quality lawn seed - anyone any ideas of import problems (there must be, if the guys in the white suits look)

Oh for the green green grass of home .. provding it is in the front of my house in CM

I would check first. I don't know but I wouldn't have thought the type of grass we have in the UK wouldn't grow properly in Thailand. It goes brown after a few sunny days in the UK, I would have thought it would just whither and die under the sun here.

ok finally got some grass seed bought it in bangkok the other day at chatujak market from one of the plant stores 20 baht for 5 sachets. Got the wife to check the packet and the main shop is in bangkok the tel no.s are 02216571, 02215499. The address is เฮ่ง ง่วน เฮง 238-330

ถนนบ้านหม้อ ปากคลองตลาด

โทร 02-221-6571,02-221-5499

ปากซอย เอ็มไพร์

กรุงเทพมหานคร 10200

I also found grass seed for sale in Bangkok on Hathai rd betweem Saimai and Minburi. They sell in on the side of the road in big bags. Will be stopping again later in the week as no one showed up when I stopped, Just sign and bags of seed.

• 4 years later...

Yes, but it didn't establish at all. Had better luck just buying decent turf here.