Visa On Arrival - Fool?

Arrived in Bangkok yesterday, had a previous visa on arrival from April, the immigrant officer marked my entry with a circle and 2 inside, and the text: "FOOL" next to it, what on earth is the meaning of that, anyone experienced the same?

Arrived in Bangkok yesterday, had a previous visa on arrival from April, the immigrant officer marked my entry with a circle and 2 inside, and the text: "FOOL" next to it, what on earth is the meaning of that, anyone experienced the same?

Maybe a stupid quiestion this but, how many times can you enter Thailand in any year, just for holidays nothing else?

Cheers.

Scotty.

There is no limit on the number of visa exemption entries you can make.

BUT

You can only remain in Thailand on this basis for 90 days in a six month period starting from your first entry. It's not a rolling six months, once you've passed six months from your initial entry a new period starts.

Maybe a stupid quiestion this but, how many times can you enter Thailand in any year, just for holidays nothing else?

Cheers.

Scotty.

BUT

You can only remain in Thailand on this basis for 90 days in a six month period starting from your first entry. It's not a rolling six months, once you've passed six months from your initial entry a new period starts.

It's probably an 180 day period, not a 6-month period.

Cheers.

Scotty.

BUT

It's probably an 180 day period, not a 6-month period.

NO, it is most definately stated as SIX MONTHS from date of first entry on the police order, it's caught a few people out.

Here you go, had to take a photo of it. Its a bit odd I think ...

Absolutely incredible!

Thank you for having gone to the trouble of photographing and posting it. Treasure that stamp! It is unique, but I have no idea why the immigration officer wrote that.

BrainDamage, it certainly does not look like QF001 or any other flight number.

Kash, across the bottom right part of the entry stamp I see a line with an arrow pointing downward. Pointing to something related to the entry stamp, something that might explain the “FOOL”?

--

Maestro

Absolutely incredible!

Thank you for having gone to the trouble of photographing and posting it. Treasure that stamp! It is unique, but I have no idea why the immigration officer wrote that.

--

Maestro

Absolutely incredible!

--

Maestro

That is a classic :o

Looking at all my entry stamps, that is where the Immigration Officer normally writes the arriving flight number. Maybe QF001 had arrived around the same time or was a BA codeshare or was somehow foremost in his mind? Either way, it only looks like 'FOOL' to the possibly paranoid.

it appears to me to be f06l - if you check your carrier code and flight you will have a better indication.

NO, it is most definately stated as SIX MONTHS from date of first entry on the police order, it's caught a few people out.

it is 180 days - ive seen the chart. they shoved it in my face and told me i was two days short....one day if you consider the last date of the visa and twelve hours if i showed up on that date at the same time as i had on the day prior.

it is now the last man standing. if youre clever enough you will survive and if you are not, your stay/s will be limited.

Looking at all my entry stamps, that is where the Immigration Officer normally writes the arriving flight number. Maybe QF001 had arrived around the same time or was a BA codeshare or was somehow foremost in his mind? Either way, it only looks like 'FOOL' to the possibly paranoid.

Its a couple of years ago now but when I last flew here on BA the flight was shared with Qantas and if I remember correctly it was Qantas flight 001.

Went on Google and typed in QF001 and it is a Quantas flight.

In checking our passports we have numbers/codes written above our arrival stamps relating to the flight we were on.

But that "Fool" is great never never throw away your passport when its finished ..worth framing! :o

begs

I work offshore outside Thailand 29 days on 27 off

So in theory never more than 90 days Leave in any 6 month period.

Can someone tell me

When did my 6 month(180 days) start and Finish?

I arrived October 2006

Stayed 27 days

I arrived December 2006

Stayed 27 days

I arrived July 2007

Stayed 27 days

I arrived September 2007

Stayed 27 days

Confused MAK MAK! :o

QF002 flies into BKK from LHR - leaving around 22:00 - BA do a code share on it.

Flew in on QF002 a couple of years ago, think I got the same immigration Officer, but at Don Muang.

If you look at the writing, you will see the letters are very similar.

post-51519-1193115828_thumb.jpg

Sorry to let the air out of a bizzare post!

...it is 180 days - ive seen the chart. they shoved it in my face...

Alright, to end this story let’s all agree that hrn1 received special treatment and for him it was 180 days, whereas for all others the six months stipulated by Police Order 608/2549 apply. The orignal Thai text is here.

--

Maestro

If you look at the writing, you will see the letters are very similar.

post-51519-1193115828_thumb.jpg

I thought that was an arrow pointing down in the bottom right part of the entry stamp but now I see that it is the officer’s signature. Looks a little like the same signature as in the stamp posted by kash.

--

Maestro

We could look at it this way:

– First, the officer wrote the number two and drew a circle around it.

– The he needed to write the flight number QF001. Seeing that 2 in the circle looking like a Q, he thought he had already written Q and added F00.

– Finally, as he was writing 1, at the end of the down-stroke his hand jerked to the right and this made the 1 look like an L.

post-21260-1193141309.jpg

--

Maestro

We could look at it this way:

– First, the officer wrote the number two and drew a circle around it.

– The he needed to write the flight number QF001. Seeing that 2 in the circle looking like a Q, he thought he had already written Q and added F00.

– Finally, as he was writing 1, at the end of the down-stroke his hand jerked to the right and this made the 1 look like an L.

post-21260-1193141309.jpg

--

Maestro

Wow, your good! Ever concider doing investigations for the feds? Hahahaha.

Anyway, your right, we cant assume it actually is what its looking like in this case. I have a hard time beleiving he actually ment what he wrote. But it would be nice to show this thread to the officer and have him explaining!

(dont ever loose this passport, it is a classic!)

Maybe you had far too many previous visas and they want to show their appreciation as an acronym

2 Fond Of Our Land ??

:o

Edited by Big A