Guide To Phuket

jetzie

Hi guys, having a holiday from work in march 08 and planning a trip to phuket with my girlfriend, however, it's kindda a 1st time trip for me and my girlfriend so would like to ask the experts here

We would like to take a tour around phuket for 4D.3N

would appreciate some recommandations and dos and whatnots

We're a couple looking for a relaxed trip, shopping, paying the beaches a visit (no diving cuz girlfriend's not water lover), visits to some Wats and nice dinning places. also some nightlife as 1 or 2 nights we might wanna check out the nightlife there.

Hotels ( preferbly 1000thb and below)

areas to visit

places to stay

places to shop

temples?

i have been looking for a iternery for 4d3n but unable to piece them together, so im hoping some kind soul here will help out?

would really want to enjoy this trip to phuket with my girlfriend :o

thanks guys

If you want night life then you best stay in Patong.

Patong has a very big shopping Mall called Jungcylon. Very central, top of Bangla Rd (which happens to be the night life area).

You won't get much for 1,000 baht in March (still considered high season). All you can expect is a budget guest house.

I suggest you hire a taxi for the day and make a tour of Wat Chalong, Central Fesival shopping mall (edge of Phuket Town), and any other tourist things the driver suggest. You pack a lot more into one of your few days.

Plenty plenty of dining places to suit all pockets in Patong. Look look about for somewhere that you like the look off.

how about summer breeze inn?

How far is it from the amenities?

www.summerbreezeinn.com

Summer breeze is a well run guesthouse just 2 minutes away from night life and 5 minutes from beach. Also 3 minutes away from Jungcylon Mall. Free internet, clean, bar & eatery. No problems, I recommend.

how about summer breeze inn?

How far is it from the amenities?

www.summerbreezeinn.com

Summer breeze is a well run guesthouse just 2 minutes away from night life and 5 minutes from beach. Also 3 minutes away from Jungcylon Mall. Free internet, clean, bar & eatery. No problems, I recommend.

oh gosh, i just realised there's 2 similar summerbreeze

1 is summerbreezehotel.com and 1 is summerbreezeinn.com

which 1 are u refering to as i dont really know the locations or roads on phuket.

and also which nightlife and beach is it near to? sorry as theres really too many beaches im confused

please advise

Edited by jetzie

Hi guys, having a holiday from work in march 08 and planning a trip to phuket with my girlfriend, however, it's kindda a 1st time trip for me and my girlfriend so would like to ask the experts here

We're a couple looking for a relaxed trip, shopping, paying the beaches a visit (no diving cuz girlfriend's not water lover), visits to some Wats and nice dinning places. also some nightlife as 1 or 2 nights we might wanna check out the nightlife there.

areas to visit

places to stay

places to shop

temples?

i have been looking for a iternery for 4d3n but unable to piece them together, so im hoping some kind soul here will help out?

would really want to enjoy this trip to phuket with my girlfriend :D

thanks guys

1,000 baht a night ???... hey you know how to treat a women well on holiday !!! Thats like, USD$30/AUD$35/£15 per night ! :o

Just as well your g'friend doesnt like diving, a dive trip for 2 people would cost you at least 5 or 6 times the ammount your willing to pay for a room per night ! A taxi ride to the nearest temple would equate to 40% of the price of 1 night accommodation... As for nightlife, 2 drinks would cost in the region of 20% the equivalent of your accommodation....

Ask yourself, based on this price comparison would you pay this in your home country ? If not then the answer is simple, dont come here as you will be disappointed ! :D

taxin:

cuz im from where the currency originates from, not from farangland nor earning farang money.

and with the kind of tone u have only in written format, i cant imagine what u are like in person :o

no wonder people are saying (some)farangs are polluting this kingdom.

PS: thanks livinginkata, i called up summerbreeze already :D

areas to visit

places to stay

places to shop

temples?

thanks guys

1,000 baht a night ???... hey you know how to treat a women well on holiday !!! Thats like, USD$30/AUD$35/£15 per night ! :o

Just as well your g'friend doesnt like diving, a dive trip for 2 people would cost you at least 5 or 6 times the ammount your willing to pay for a room per night ! A taxi ride to the nearest temple would equate to 40% of the price of 1 night accommodation... As for nightlife, 2 drinks would cost in the region of 20% the equivalent of your accommodation....

Ask yourself, based on this price comparison would you pay this in your home country ? If not then the answer is simple, dont come here as you will be disappointed ! :D

Throwing money around does not make you the big man. The guy asked for helpful advice, not abuse.

areas to visit

places to stay

places to shop

temples?

thanks guys

Throwing money around does not make you the big man. The guy asked for helpful advice, not abuse.

Its not abuse, its fact ! My above price comparisons are factual (give or take a little). Apoligies if I appear to be a little strong, the bit about how you treat your g'friend on holiday wasnt called for, sorry. And if your a Thai then an even bigger apology ! :D

The point im making is Phuket is not cheap and you will be very disappointed if you think it is. Its the people who think they can get a hotel for 1,000 baht in high season who spread the bad word about Phuket, not me. One minute they are on Thaivisa looking for "advice", a month later they are on thaivisa slaging Phuket off how its a rip-off and overpriced !

Its not about "throwing money around", its about having the right perception on what Phuket is all about and what the costs are. By giving it to jetzie exactly how it is we have one less person on here with the wrong perception, and potentially one less TV member posting about how overpriced Phuket is ! Which really pi*ses me off ! :D

Its not abuse, its fact ! My above price comparisons are factual (give or take a little). Apoligies if I appear to be a little strong, the bit about how you treat your g'friend on holiday wasnt called for, sorry. And if your a Thai then an even bigger apology ! :D

The point im making is Phuket is not cheap and you will be very disappointed if you think it is. Its the people who think they can get a hotel for 1,000 baht in high season who spread the bad word about Phuket, not me. One minute they are on Thaivisa looking for "advice", a month later they are on thaivisa slaging Phuket off how its a rip-off and overpriced !

Its not about "throwing money around", its about having the right perception on what Phuket is all about and what the costs are. By giving it to jetzie exactly how it is we have one less person on here with the wrong perception, and potentially one less TV member posting about how overpriced Phuket is ! Which really pi*ses me off ! :o

you should stop assuming cuz that would also piss others off as well as urself.

anyway apologies accepted :D

Living in Chiang Mai and looking to escaping from Songkran next year 13-15 April, suprising the wife with a visit to Phuket for a romantic, relaxing 4-5 day beach break so would really appreciate any info on beach front, secluded hotels/resorts/bungalows etc near Phi Phi up to 4,000 baht a night maybe a little more if really nice.

Thanks in advance for advise.

Also my first visit to Phuket

Edited by princealbert

I think Kata and Karon are a bit too crazy and crowded now....but thats me...I recommend Sabana Resort on NaiHarn Beach....very nice, in your range and way more romantic than K and K IMHO...they have a website www.sabana-resort.com Good luck in where ever you choose and have a great holiday

• 1 month later...

I have been to Phuket numerous times before and after the "wave". And I always stay in Patong beach area. It is the happening area and perhaps of the scale of competition, prices of food and entertainment should be cheaper.

A month after the 2004 tragedy, I checked into Burasari Resort, to encourage the tourism. It is just yards away from the Patong beach for 999 baht a night promo then. It is really a nice boutique resort. Pool access rooms were just getting to be popular.

It is a bargain of the year. But not the price you can get it now. Things are back to normal.

And do not forget to visit Fantasea (in the other beach, forgot the name) which is a "micro Dreamworld" sort of, with a fabulous Thai cultural show. I am not sure is the Simon Cabaret show is still operating in Patong, but given that you have not seen it in Pattaya or Bangkok, then you must have a try.

You must also hire a jeep or car and drive around ALL the beaches and also watch the sunset in the cape.

There are a lot of fine dining in Phuket, just pick a nice view, and have a memory of a lifetime.

Living in Chiang Mai and looking to escaping from Songkran next year 13-15 April, suprising the wife with a visit to Phuket for a romantic, relaxing 4-5 day beach break so would really appreciate any info on beach front, secluded hotels/resorts/bungalows

Prince,

are you completely sold on Phuket?

Krabi has an airport and as far as secluded, there are some nice options for you on Koh Lanta Yai.

Lanta Casuarina is nice.

Wari Rawin is cool.

Maybe do a search on Lanta. Good luck !