Airport Post Office

miltonbentley

I know the airport post office opens for longer hours than others but does anyone know if it is open on Sundays?

Hi MB - noticed your avatar is back from his tour of the orient or wherever he went for his holiday :o

The last time I was there the Post Office was closed on Sunday morning. I needed to send a parcel and thought it the most logical place to look. If you are looking for somewhere with basic postal needs ie send letters (weighed airmail) and parcels there is a small post agent on Soi 6 between the Night Bazaar and Th Charoen Prathet. It has a red post box out the front and doubles as a tour company, it operates on extended hours (later at night and on Sat/Sun). They are an official agent so the mail gets picked up from them in the morning (Mon - Sat) unlike a lot of the internet type places that just sell stamps and envelopes etc that wander down to the post office when they have the time.

If you are waiting to get a parcel from Fortnam and Mason etc for Christmas I believe (you will need to check) that it can be arranged to have it transfered from the main post package office on Charoen Muang to there - that means it will be easier to pick up outside of those same post office hours.

CB

I know the airport post office opens for longer hours than others but does anyone know if it is open on Sundays?

Hi MB - noticed your avatar is back from his tour of the orient or wherever he went for his holiday :o

The last time I was there the Post Office was closed on Sunday morning. I needed to send a parcel and thought it the most logical place to look. If you are looking for somewhere with basic postal needs ie send letters (weighed airmail) and parcels there is a small post agent on Soi 6 between the Night Bazaar and Th Charoen Prathet. It has a red post box out the front and doubles as a tour company, it operates on extended hours (later at night and on Sat/Sun). They are an official agent so the mail gets picked up from them in the morning (Mon - Sat) unlike a lot of the internet type places that just sell stamps and envelopes etc that wander down to the post office when they have the time.

If you are waiting to get a parcel from Fortnam and Mason etc for Christmas I believe (you will need to check) that it can be arranged to have it transfered from the main post package office on Charoen Muang to there - that means it will be easier to pick up outside of those same post office hours.

CB

Cheers

CB

CB

Cheers

CB

On this same subject...where would be the best place to mail packages back to the US?

I am new to this forum and this is my first post and I hope I am doing it right?

Hi Jtown9guy, welcome to the forum.

For normal or express mail just go to any post office. I find their service excellent for letter or parcels. There are a number of different rates. If you are in a hurry use EMS which is five days to the UK and I guess the same for the US. If its not so urgent express mail is a week, normal ten days and economy air (SAL) three weeks.

Hope that helps.

• 5 months later...

I use the airport PO frequently and it has always been open 7 days a week, till 8pm. Not sure what time it opens. It moved to the international terminal a few months ago and I don't think I've been there on a Sunday since it moved, so perhaps in the new spot it closes Sunday?

My 2 cents...

I do not know about CM Airport P.O....

but I do know that the new Bangkok airport has 24 hour service on the 4th floor. I land from Canada, go to the P.O., and in minutes, all my heavy boxes are on the way to CM. The rest is easy. (And one avoids the picky CM customs people - Bangkok is generally easy to come through with big boxes - they rarely check and take taxes)

I must say that the Thai postal service seems great. I send 20kg packages around Thailand all the time - I sent one box to the beach one week before I went there. Picked up the box on the way to my bungalow - dive gear, toaster oven, blender, spare battery power-supply, extra fan, some specialty foods etc. Sent the same box back to CM a month later - cost about 250bt each way.

I use the Pra Sing P.O. to receive my mail. I address it to 'my name' c/o POSTE RESTANTE, Pra Sing P.O. Chiang Mai, 50205.

Also, the P.O. will accept unwrapped suitcases, big plastic storage boxes, and unboxed motorcycles (motorcycles can only be delivered to certain main post offices).

Great service within Thailand, but it is quite expensive to send stuff overseas!