A Story That Has To Be Told

SwaziBird

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the story must be so much of a scoop, they are making you pay to read the online version now. :o

Chiang Mai Mail

I doubt if it's the story itself, but rather they knew they were going to do this and wanted to spread the news of the 'fantastic story' so people would rush out and buy it.

No story in the CM Mail, even a world exclusive would make me buy it

Well the story must be so much of a scoop, they are making you pay to read the online version now. :o

Chiang Mai Mail

I doubt if it's the story itself, but rather they knew they were going to do this and wanted to spread the news of the 'fantastic story' so people would rush out and buy it.

No story in the CM Mail, even a world exclusive would make me buy it

If they introduced a Page 3 Bird, I might be interested. Local beauties on motorbikes, licking ice cream, doing the Hello Kitty...

This week's Chiangmai Mail ( Tuesday, 15th January ) shoud be carrying a story or possibly a letter entitled "A Story That Has To Be Told".

Check it out - if you wan't a slant on this City and its inhabitants. The contents "wowed" me and I'm sure you will also find it an eye-opener.

This is, by the way, NOT an attempt to increase the circulation of that news-paper ( no smart references in that regard, please).

Cheers.

If anything, your baiting tactics have probably turned more people into seeing the paper in a negative light. My mother always told me to think before you speak, maybe next time you should think before you post. A more appropriate avenue would have been to wait until the article was out then comment on what it had to say.

I've read it. It was a disappointment after the hype.

Well after all the bl00dy build up at least share the summary of this amazing scoop!

JxP

Tuk tuk driver returns money to farang who overpaid him.

Excellent stuff.

Contractor - I apologise for my tone earlier, I mistakenly thought you were the OP

Swazibird - get out of town, never show your face around here again.

JxP

I've read it. It was a disappointment after the hype.

Well after all the bl00dy build up at least share the summary of this amazing scoop!

JxP

Tuk tuk driver returns money to farang who overpaid him.

Excellent stuff.

Contractor - I apologise for my tone earlier, I mistakenly thought you were the OP

Swazibird - get out of town, never show your face around here again.

JxP

ALL that for a tuk tuk refund. BFD !!!!!! name == Swazibird == mud

time for a new nickname

This week's Chiangmai Mail ( Tuesday, 15th January ) shoud be carrying a story or possibly a letter entitled "A Story That Has To Be Told".

Check it out - if you wan't a slant on this City and its inhabitants. The contents "wowed" me and I'm sure you will also find it an eye-opener.

This is, by the way, NOT an attempt to increase the circulation of that news-paper ( no smart references in that regard, please).

Cheers.

C'mon guys !

Be fair !!!!!!

Look at my posting.

Who took it downhill from there ? ( That's a rhetorical question ! )

In all fairness to the Chiangmai Mail, with whom I have absolutely no assosciation whatsoever - how about a sense of balance and less hysteria ?

There was no deception by the Chiangmai Mail.

I can take the castigation and menacing, but a little decency is all it takes to make the world go around.

Chiang Mai IS a great place.

Cheers

Edited by SwaziBird

Cheers.

C'mon guys !

Be fair !!!!!!

Look at my posting.

In all fairness to the Chiangmai Mail, with whom I have absolutely no assosciation whatsoever - how about a sense of balance and less hysteria ?

I can take the castigation and menacing, but a little decency is all it takes to make the world go around.

Cheers

You have been found guilty by a jury of your peers, after due deliberation, of the most heinous crime of boring posting while compounding the offence with a reprehensible fraudulent bait and switch. While the charge of misrepresentation of a commercial interest has not been proven beyond the degree of reasonable doubt necessary for a conviction, the evidence presented was sufficiently compelling that it shall weigh on the final sentencing.

Furthermore, to this day you seem to have no understanding of the gravity of your crimes and have shown neither regret nor remorse nor have you offered any apology to your many victims, who will no doubt carry the memories of the suffering inflicted on them by your posts long after the posts themselves have retired to the Google archive. Various representations have been made to the court that you are a habitual boring poster who sees flames as merely an occupational hazard.

This court of public opinion has no option, and indeed has the pleasure, to sentence you to the full penalty of the law.

Cheers.

C'mon guys !

Be fair !!!!!!

Look at my posting.

Cheers

You have been found guilty by a jury of your peers, after due deliberation, of the most heinous crime of boring posting while compounding the offence with a reprehensible fraudulent bait and switch. While the charge of misrepresentation of a commercial interest has not been proven beyond the degree of reasonable doubt necessary for a conviction, the evidence presented was sufficiently compelling that it shall weigh on the final sentencing.

Thank heavens I can still detect humour - and good humour at that !

Thanks.

Cheers.

Furthermore, to this day you seem to have no understanding of the gravity of your crimes and have shown neither regret nor remorse nor have you offered any apology to your many victims, who will no doubt carry the memories of the suffering inflicted on them by your posts long after the posts themselves have retired to the Google archive. Various representations have been made to the court that you are a habitual boring poster who sees flames as merely an occupational hazard.

This court of public opinion has no option, and indeed has the pleasure, to sentence you to the full penalty of the law.

Thank heavens I can still discern humour - and good humour at that !

Thank you.

Cheers

Edited by SwaziBird

Cheers.

C'mon guys !

Be fair !!!!!!

Look at my posting.

Cheers

Swazibird, I don't think anyone is believing for a millisecond that you were not in some way representing the commercial interests of said rag. You can't honestly expect us to believe that you got such a h*rd-on over a tuk-tuk driver giving a tourist a refund. If it you are genuinely "wowed" and your "eyes opened" by something of such minor significance then I fear you are entirely deserving of the barrage of verbal tomatoes that forum users have chosen to sling.

Swazibird, I don't think anyone is believing for a millisecond that you were not in some way representing the commercial interests of said rag. You can't honestly expect us to believe that you got such a h*rd-on over a tuk-tuk driver giving a tourist a refund.

Especially something like 4 days before the story came out in print! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Has this rag, sold more copies this week after Swazibirds attempt at marketing? I was one of the mugs who shelled out my hard earned cash for it. Noticed a couple of little digs at the Thai visa site in the paper this week as well. On a more positive note, I thought the paper had improved slightly this week - a double page spread on the Charity toy ride was nice, a review of a restaurant that doesn't advertise in the paper, mmm......thats about it really. :o

Noticed a couple of little digs at the Thai visa site in the paper this week as well.

Not the quality of the posting surely?

Spill the beans Anonymouse

Haven't got the newspaper handy, but one was about someone posting on this forum suggesting that the restaurant reviews in the CM Mail was biased towards its advertisers which they say is untrue. The other was about postings on Thai visa complaining about the lack of postponement for the Hillside Charity Auction after the death of Princess Vadhana.

Cheers.

Get%20a%20Life%20Web.jpg

:o

Shame on Chiang Mai Mail for their article this week on the death of that Canadian in Pai. Better not to say anything if that is the best they can do......

indeed. first of all, the entire article was plagiarized from the one in the nation, except for the error of course: they weren't husband and wife, but ex-lovers. time to get a new "staff reporter".

Cheers.

C'mon guys !

Be fair !!!!!!

Look at my posting.

Cheers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I obviously do not know the identity of the person who wrote the above post , mainly ,I suspect as I don't hang about in bars with the lowlife! The "story" was sent to me as an email by a friend, who just happens to be one of the best and most caring people I have ever met, and just wanted me to know that a good thing had happened. I thought that it was so good to read something so positive, that I sent it to the CM Mail, who agreed with me and published it. I have just received an email from the same friend, who is broken hearted that his wish to alert people to something good has brought so many unpleasant people out of the woodwork. There was no "bait or swtich", just the actions of two people trying to accentuate the positive.

You people are so sad.. You misunderstand, accuse, suspect and rubbish without even thinking of the hurt you will cause to decent people whom you don't even know. Or maybe, the fact that you don't know them makes it easy to do.

The rest of this forum is a waste of space -- I do know, through another friend, that the CM Mail is making a real effort to give people what they want to read, and I also know that such changes take time and effort.

Finally, as I left my home country to get away from people who behave in this manner, I am disgusted to find that there seem to be so many of them scattered around CM amongst the numerous expats who give their time and often their money as well to help so many charities and causes. To those who have been so hurtful, don't bother to give this reply the same treatment, as I shan't bother to read what you write. Instead, get a life!

Petra.