Suitcase Exporting

What licenses, fees etc. are required to export textiles in checked baggage several times a year? What can I expect at the airport? I already travel to Thailand for unrelated corporate business several times a year, and would like to make some money on the side by filling up a couple of bags with clothes, then reselling at boutique clothing stores in the states. On the Thai side, since this is lower dollar volume and carried in person I don't know if it would count as a business thus requiring registration, or require an export license. On the US side, I'm not sure what to expect either, but can research that on my own.

BTW, any idea of the status of the Free Trade Agreement between the States and Thailand? This was stalling since negotiations began in 2003 and think it died after the PM was ousted last year.

Thanks,

Jeff

First thing is, if it has a label or if it has a print.. Its probably in violation of copyright..

Second thing that jumps out is, do you really think any 'boutique' US stores want to be interested in the kind of quality clothing thats for sale in Thailand ?? And if they were would they be interested in 'a couple of bag' loads ??

If you are not making enough with your job traveling to Thailand already I would start there rather trying to compete

with Wal-Mart and the likes. Have a friend that done the trinkets bought directly from manufacture and sent

them back container at a time to the U.S.

Several months work and they did not recover cost or sleep lost.

Edited by Khun ?