Networking In Thailand

I have been a while here in Thailand as a manager of my own company and currently employ around 20 people... IN business I have found that networking is quite important however "networking" events are far too frangmented and little real result comes fromit.. instead of looking for business you endup with lots of people looking for jobs!

I am writing since I managed to get a sneak peak froma programmer who is working for a global company that is preparing to launch (he told me mid 2008) a truly social and networking site dedicated to Thailand. I was impressed by the looks, ease and most of all the speed of the programm. Its going to be something similar to the "golbal" networking sites but here I can see that they made dam_n sure to research the Thai market and who ever thought that its easy, think again!

They will launch a new campaign called "What´s your connection?" ..he actually couldnt tell me the official name of the company or the site... They will offer Social, Business networking with a smart job search as well as freelance talent market with TONS of gadgets. They are adamant that its on a superior IT platform and NO one will be able to compete... I registered already and I cant wait... Ialso have Linked in and its great but I miss something that has local knowledge.....

The only have one link at the moment and they dont say much as they are canvassing at the moment... there is a poll to tell them what you think about networking as well as registration for their beta programme.....

what do you think guys???? I need more info if anyone knows who it might be? and what are the good networking events out there? Ivebeen to Young European, AmCham and the like but not much is happening there according to me....

thanks for the info

Well Thai Visa is one of the largest Social networking sites related to Thailand, so I guess you are in the right place. :o

I am moving your post to help you find people with similar objectives in the Business world.