Arch Supports In Chiang Mai ?

xwteee

Archsupports : can I buy them/are they being made in Chiang Mai ?

Although there aren't any 'Shoemeisters' in CM that I know of, try contacting some of the Chiropractors. They usually have contacts with shoe orthotics makers. In lieu of that, there are several companies on line that will send you the foam molding kits that you simply place under your feet while sitting in a chair, then stand up to impress the foam. These get mailed back to the companies and they make the inserts for you.

I've been wearing orthotics for 25 years, in all my shoes (including velcro'd into my Teva sandals!) and have had them made by all three groups; a German shoemeister (most expensive,) a chiropractor, and from an on line company. All three used the same methodology; i.e. sit down, place the foam boxes under my feet, and stand up. The only difference was that the chiropractor offered me his hand to help me stand up..... All of the orthotics that I have are identical in arch placement and corrective angles. They only differ in material and price.

If you happen to go to Singapore, I can recommend a really good man in Shaw Center on the corner of Orchard Road and Scotts Road. Actually, he's married to a Thai woman and comes up here once or twice a year....

Although there aren't any 'Shoemeisters' in CM that I know of, try contacting some of the Chiropractors. They usually have contacts with shoe orthotics makers. In lieu of that, there are several companies on line that will send you the foam molding kits that you simply place under your feet while sitting in a chair, then stand up to impress the foam. These get mailed back to the companies and they make the inserts for you.

I've been wearing orthotics for 25 years, in all my shoes (including velcro'd into my Teva sandals!) and have had them made by all three groups; a German shoemeister (most expensive,) a chiropractor, and from an on line company. All three used the same methodology; i.e. sit down, place the foam boxes under my feet, and stand up. The only difference was that the chiropractor offered me his hand to help me stand up..... All of the orthotics that I have are identical in arch placement and corrective angles. They only differ in material and price.

If you happen to go to Singapore, I can recommend a really good man in Shaw Center on the corner of Orchard Road and Scotts Road. Actually, he's married to a Thai woman and comes up here once or twice a year....

well-tuned information... :o

My wife had professionally made orthotics at very professional prices in Australia and they seemed to be very helpful. When access to a professional became difficult, she resorted to a general All-purpose orthotic ( arch-support ) called "Orthaheel" purchased from the local pharmacy. These were considerably less expensive and equally as effective ( luckily).

I since developed a very painful condition under the ball of my foot and sent for an "Orthaheel" product from an on-line supplier.

Fantastic improvement/elimination of the problem (luckily).

These are NOT purpose made/moulded to your own foot and that's why I have added the rider, (luckily).

My only suggestion is to advise the supplier not to use the term "footwearappliances" on the customs declaration since that word triggers off pretty steep import duties in Thailand.

Good luck.

Cheers

Or if the OP ever comes down to Singapore, you can buy off the shelf arch supports from most pharmacies. I had to use them for a couple of months last year. Think they're made by Scholl and cost me about S$50 or so. I'm sure custom made ones are superior for someone with a long term or chronic condition but these might offer a 'quick fix' if the problem is not so severe and time is limited...

Just a thought.

CC