Seven Eleven

RichieH

Why is it that when you walk into a 7/11 there's about 4 staff behind the counter with 3 cash registers and they'll only be ever using 1 of them and you have to wait 5 minutes for the staff to cook food for the 4 people ahead of you! :o

Wish they sold 'four 'n twenty' meat pies!

Why is it that when you walk into a 7/11 there's about 4 staff behind the counter with 3 cash registers and they'll only be ever using 1 of them and you have to wait 5 minutes for the staff to cook food for the 4 people ahead of you! :D

In Chiang Mai, it is the same deal, but they aren't cooking anything. All but one cash register are picking their noses and pretending there is not a big line of people waiting. :o

Why is it that when you walk into a 7/11 there's about 4 staff behind the counter with 3 cash registers and they'll only be ever using 1 of them and you have to wait 5 minutes for the staff to cook food for the 4 people ahead of you! :D

In Chiang Mai, it is the same deal, but they aren't cooking anything. All but one cash register are picking their noses and pretending there is not a big line of people waiting. :o

They don't even pretend here.... they're just standing around talking most of the time! :D

Agree of course with all that's been said......gotta' say though,despite that they are MIGHTY HANDY...

some products that spring to mind are Oishi Sandwiches + Dewberry Biscuits, mmmmm................

The entrance to the Development where I live has one,and of course the ever-present ATM machine,

so all in all,I'm glad it's there.Pity though,that the 7-11 Franchise hasn't decided to stock cereal like

Corn Flakes and Weetabix,now that would be sweet!!!

Also,things like Mars Bars/Snickers...and so much more...are ONLY stocked in these tiny "fun-size" type

choices....(obvious business $$$ move).......and on that point,from what I've seen,even places like

Foodland etc... doesn't have proper large sizes of chocolate bars like back in the UK....not to mention

I've never seen any "King size" chocolate bars of Twix/Mars/Snickers etc.....?????

Anyways,despite these shortcomings that it's not quite like the 24hr Convenience stores back in

my native country,it's good to have them.

**PS**..it's always fun to tell Thai people that 7am-11pm is actually 16 hours and not 24 hours +

the initial pilosophy was not to open 24 hours :o:D

Too true Richie mate :o ....although in my case I don't smoke and am strictly a Single Malt man :D .........

now if they sold some of the Islay Malts,wooooh yeeah....that'd be cool.

Instead,for a nice bottle of "Laphroaig" I have to drag my ass up to the Best Supermarket at the

Dolphin Roundabout.....aw well,it's a small price to pay for a high-class piece of Malt Heaven :D:D

Whiskey man eh..... Now you're speaking my language! Laphroaig is okay but too much charcoal for my taste. I can't go past a bottle of Glemorangie 10 year old portwood. Best whiskey I've ever had. Hands down..... Still, not available in in 7/11 so I frequent the old Master Blend for a good value 80 baht head case. :o

Yeah Richie,the Laphroaig has a wonderful peat kick,almost medicinal....it's a very specific taste,the

Islay one, and not for most people,but I love it :D:D .Glenmorangie,yeah,that's a nice drop,very

quaffable,and I'd certainly take it over a Macallan or Glenlivet any day!!!

As long as it's great,"for you",that's the main thing......although it's good to see you didn't claim it

to be the best,full stop,for everyone's tastes.......it's of course a very subjective thing as to what the best

is....I suppose the answer is,there is no one perfect Dram for all...........I love the 7 different Islay Malts......

but fully accept that there's people out there who can't stand the stuff :o

Just a heads-up that I'm sure you're probably aware of....the Supamitr shop on Pattaya Klang,not so far

from Foodland has a semi-decent selection of Malts....and just up your taste-alley from the sounds of it :D

Finally,has ANYONE out there seen LUCOZADE for sale around Pattaya.I know that there's lots of other

similar re-hydrative/sports drinks available but nithing can compare to that Lucozade taste...........

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh :D:D ?????????????

Yep Supamitr (whatever that means!!!) has a great selection at good prices to I must admit. Personally I take advantage of all my mates that frequently visit and ask them to stock me up on my fave beverages - duty free of course! I tend to savor the good drops and when I just wanna get pissed, well, there's plenty of ways to do that! lol.

Edited by RichieH

Yeah Richie, I do much the same myself,I work offshore in the Oil and Gas industry and so am usually

in+ out of Thailand on the classic Offshore month on/month off gig.(from Indonesia)

I usually buy at Suwannapoom's "King Power" shop just after the Immigration counters...and get what can't

be gotten here in Pattaya.My favourite drops being "Highland Park" "Caol Ila" and "Bowmore" which are

bloody lovely and give three different dinstinctive variations on taste!!!

Anyway,shit man,this is getting off-thread.......As for the 7-11 shopping???....I suppose there's nothing

wrong with a couple of big bottles of Heineken or a Johnnie Walker Black if we have to "slum it" :o:D

So, yesterday I went to the 7/11 near my house about 10pm, and as I approached the guy was putting a padlock on the door.

I said to him why is he closing up and locking the doors. I pointed out that his sign says he is open 24 hours...

He just stared blankly at me at said "Yeah...but not in a row".