Is This The Most Expensive Puncture In Thailand?

Mobi

Can you buy your old Fortuner back?

I sold it for 850K. Not bad for a 2005 vehicle that had been in a nasty accident. Toyota did a wonderful job repairing it.

As I have previous y mentioned I planned replace my wife's Jazz with a Honda CRV for us both to use on the bad roads. Totally off topic, but I am hearing a lot of compalints from farang owners about the new CRV's so I am not sure what SUV to get that is roughly the same size as a CRV.? Any suggestions? :o

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems like another typical Mobi thread to remind everyone about the Mobi-wealth.

Not surprised. One was well overdue......

I wondered when you would crawl out from under your rock, and so happy to accommodate you. :D

Your jealous streak is alive and well I see :D

How's things down at Teak Door - still throwing filthy, disgusting insults at each other no doubt? :o

I wonder why you don't try it here? :D

Seems like another typical Mobi thread to remind everyone about the Mobi-wealth.

Not surprised. One was well overdue......

When Mobi told me about his run flat I was the one who pushed him to post his experience just for a bit of fun, then folks like you come along with a totally uncalled for snide comment! :o

Jealous Mobi? Why?

I don't drive a car. I'm an O&G consultant and times are very good.

And I'm retired and times are exceedingly excellent.

Hence my preoccupation with the distasteful trappings of wealth. :D

name='Sir Burr' Besides; I'm a man of very humble tastes.

Sorry to hear that. :o

I'm a man of extravagant tastes - especially in cars and women :D

As I have previous y mentioned I planned replace my wife's Jazz with a Honda CRV for us both to use on the bad roads. Totally off topic, but I am hearing a lot of compalints from farang owners about the new CRV's so I am not sure what SUV to get that is roughly the same size as a CRV.? Any suggestions? :o

I love the look of the new SUZUKI GRAND VITARA

http://www.suzuki.co.th/vitara.php

@ 1.05 million is cheap, and look so much better than the new CRV

post-42643-1217632474_thumb.jpg

post-42643-1217632459_thumb.jpg

@ 1.05 million is cheap, and look so much better than the new CRV

There's a reason why it's cheap - it's a Suzuki. No comparison with a Honda and as for its looks... well it looks pretty dull to me - not that the CRV would win any beauty contests though.

it's a Suzuki.

So what is wrong with that? I have not owned the new Suzuki, [there a few about in Bang Yai, and it looks good to me] but the older model, the ride is on a par with the Honda Jazz which Mr Mobi is looking to replace for the rough roads.

Sure the Rav 4, BMW X 3 or 5, M.B. ML are better but there over 3x the price.... Tata Range Rover/Discovery ??

Suzuki appear to hold there value here.... still worth 50% after 15years.... just look at the Ford Escape lost 50% in 4 years here

The lack of Suzuki dealerships is an issue if you believe in maintaining regular maintainence schedules... and even if you don't, the number of non-dealership mechanics who are familiar with Suzuki, Hyundai, Daewoo, Ssangyong, Tata, etc. are fewer and farther between. Naturally, for those who live in close proximity to one of those said dealerships or has a reliable auto-garage/service center in hand need not be concerned about that. You don't want to take your car to get "fixed" only to go in a few days latter to discover the mechanics thumbing through a Suzuki manual "learning" about your car.

:o

Edited by Heng

it's a Suzuki.

Suzuki appear to hold there value here.... still worth 50% after 15years.... just look at the Ford Escape lost 50% in 4 years here

Well if depreciation is a consideration, buying a Suzuki really does make no sense. Comparing with a Ford Escape means nothing as it suffers from stone-dropping depreciation itself. Try comparing a Suzuki with a Honda and there's only going to be one winner (country-mile winner at that).

I love the look of the new SUZUKI GRAND VITARA

Looks like it's worth a closer look.

Anyone happen to know if there is a dealer in or near Pattaya? The list of dealers on the website is in Thai.

Pretty sure there is one next door to the Honda dealership on Sukhumvit, small place with one car on show.

Well, at least you can probably expect attentive service.

:o

Do new Beamers not come with a spare tyre now?

Or are you uncapable of changing one?

Either way you are a pillock for driving on a flat tyre..... No sympathy here

Here we go again - ignorance upon ignorance. :o

No spare tyres are supplied with the latst BMW's.

These are state of the art run flats, which, as I have already stated are designed to run for up to 200 kms after you get a puncture.

The whole idea is that you will not have to inconvenience yourself with the need to change a wheel, provides additional safety in the event of a puncture at speed, and it leaves more space in the boot for all my junk :D

BTW did it really appear that I was asking for sympathy? Yet another who seems to struggle with the nuances of the English language. :D

Who is the pillock now? :D

you get a flat tyre and you run on it, there aint a tyre in the world which you DONOT have to replace later. I just gets you home and obviously you pay for that luxury!

Anyway you got home and the feature worked!!!

Heng: You don't want to take your car to get "fixed" only to go in a few days latter to discover the mechanics thumbing through a Suzuki manual "learning" about your car.

Reality check dude, those manuals you will find in all dealerships because they are utterly necessary! If they haven't got the physical manuals then they will have the virtual manuals online.

Take any model from any make and I can guarantee in it's life there will be dozens of warnings and 100's of bulletins sent out in the model cycle. That's the only valid reason to return to the dealer for service! To ensure the correct part is fitted....unless of course your friend's with the dealer principle anyway! :o

Do new Beamers not come with a spare tyre now?

Or are you uncapable of changing one?

Either way you are a pillock for driving on a flat tyre..... No sympathy here

Here we go again - ignorance upon ignorance. :o

No spare tyres are supplied with the latst BMW's.

These are state of the art run flats, which, as I have already stated are designed to run for up to 200 kms after you get a puncture.

The whole idea is that you will not have to inconvenience yourself with the need to change a wheel, provides additional safety in the event of a puncture at speed, and it leaves more space in the boot for all my junk :D

BTW did it really appear that I was asking for sympathy? Yet another who seems to struggle with the nuances of the English language. :D

Who is the pillock now? :D

you get a flat tyre and you run on it, there aint a tyre in the world which you DONOT have to replace later. I just gets you home and obviously you pay for that luxury!

Anyway you got home and the feature worked!!!

You just don't get it do you?

When you get a puncture the tyre isn't flat. It doesn't just 'get me home', it is still completely stable and capable of sustaining driving at reasonable speeds for up to 200kms.

You come on here and accuse me of being 'PILLOCK' without an ounce of knowledge about runflat tyres, and then you read everything that has been written and you still wish to make snide comments and not withdraw your insult.

In any event, even when I have driven cars with spares and have had a puncture, I have yet to change a wheel on the highways and bi-ways of Thailand. There are always a much more comfortable alternatives to sweating and straining and getting dirty on the side of a road with the manic traffic rushing by me. That is one of the many advantages of living in a place like LOS.

And if you change your own wheels, then more fool you! :D

Heng: You don't want to take your car to get "fixed" only to go in a few days latter to discover the mechanics thumbing through a Suzuki manual "learning" about your car.

Reality check dude, those manuals you will find in all dealerships because they are utterly necessary! If they haven't got the physical manuals then they will have the virtual manuals online.

Take any model from any make and I can guarantee in it's life there will be dozens of warnings and 100's of bulletins sent out in the model cycle. That's the only valid reason to return to the dealer for service! To ensure the correct part is fitted....unless of course your friend's with the dealer principle anyway! :o

Reality check dude, just about any problem, they shouldn't STILL be looking for the problem after a few days.

:D

I just saw this Suzuki a couple of days ago. I didn't find it intersting at all. The design might appeal to some people, but it looks awfully small from the outside.

I understand it might get Carribean fans sweating, but it's not a competitor to CRV for sure.

X3 got the same diesel makeover, btw, 3-3.5 mil, I don't remember. Maybe Mobi can trade his 320 for X3.

I just saw this Suzuki a couple of days ago. I didn't find it intersting at all. The design might appeal to some people, but it looks awfully small from the outside.

I understand it might get Carribean fans sweating, but it's not a competitor to CRV for sure.

X3 got the same diesel makeover, btw, 3-3.5 mil, I don't remember. Maybe Mobi can trade his 320 for X3.

So it doesn't sound like there's much alternative to the CRV? Ah well. :o

I might trade the 320D for an X3 when I replace it in 2011 - if I'm still alive :D

Hello eveybody i hope you are all well.

I see my off the cuff comments stirred up a hornets nest. firstly Mobi i do in fact speak English as my 1st language. Ignis, warfie and bsj i was not being rude just jocular.

Mobi a question, did you in fact stop and check your flat 'runflat' tyre.

and yes runflat technology has come a long long way.

and i confess when making my initial comment i wasn't aware of the fantastic advances made in luxury vehicle tyres in the last few years. and if you say i'm jealous then yes i am a little bit. but happy not to be paying through the nose for the privilege of owning a car that you now tell us is not really suited to Thailands roads.

I do hope you enjoy your driving until 2011 when you then purchase a new vehicle. i think maybe the owner of the Bridgestone tyre place will. :o

Hi folks, I find it hard to believe that some people post abusive responses to something which is nothing more than chit chat!

But then I was brought up in a house were you kept your mouth shut when you didn't have anything nice and/or informative to say. I guess some people are just strangely different.....or they are complete tools!

i totally agree with you! just couldn't find anything nice and/or informative (?) in your post, sorry............ :o

it's a Suzuki.

Well if depreciation is a consideration, buying a Suzuki really does make no sense. Comparing with a Ford Escape means nothing as it suffers from stone-dropping depreciation itself. Try comparing a Suzuki with a Honda and there's only going to be one winner (country-mile winner at that).

Sorry did you read the posts before??

Mr Mobi was asking about some thing different than the Honda CRV.!! so what is there ? [he would not buy another Toyota Fortuna] so yes it makes sense Comparing with a Ford Escape or the Mazda, as they are around the same price

I used to own an Escape (3 litre petrol) some years ago, when they were generally thought to be better than the old CRV. I was quite pleased with it and travelled all over Thailand in it. The brakes were superb, but it didn't have a lot of "oomph" and quite noisy at high speeds. Headlights were awful. It's reaching the end of it's model life and I certainly wouldn't buy one now.

The Fortuner (3 litre diesel)was great fun and went like the wind with the diesel turbo, and boy could I pack the people in. It was also much quieter than the Escape, and more economical. It was the first diesel I have ever owned and I became a convert. Downside: the brakes were a bit iffy - sometimes you had to pump them to avoid skidding - and some of the safety features are a bit suspect - like air bags not opening in a crash. Anyway too big for the wife.

So I'm open to all suggestions - what do Mazda have? I don't want to buy a model that's nearing the end of it's life, and have plenty of time as I won't be buying until the end of the year - assuming we're still married :D

Percy,You're probably right about the X3 - I was only kidding, anyway. My wife is a hair dresser, but she aint having one of those :o

Edited by Mobi

what do Mazda have? I don't want to buy a model that's nearing the end of it's life,

The Mazda Tribute and Ford Escape are still sold here.......... but as far as I understand the replacements will not come to Thailand,,?

Last year the Tribute was replaced with the CX7, the Escape was replaced early this year with the Ford XMax = 5cylinder 2.5 DTCi or a 1,8 or 2lt petrol version.

So what is left if not the Toyota [soon to be replaced] or the CRV... The NEW Mitsubshi G-Wagon just arrived but as big as the Toyota, The 4x4 MU-7 is the same size.... The NEW Suziki Grand Vitra ?

Edited by ignis