Q: How Much To Build A House In Isarn For Wife's Mum And Dad?

scholes

In many (most) Isaan families........taking care of the family is left to the daughter(s).

The women are expected to work - work work, and it does'nt matter much what kind of work, since the undisputed value of money comes first, especially to poor people. :D

Most people wants a better life, and most daughters wants to help the parents to have as good a life as they can when getting old. (remember Thai govt does'nt provide much) :D

However many old people are long used to their old lifestyle, and therefore have problems (or no interest) in adapting to various new facilities. :D

There are different people all over the world........ and the same in Isaan.

Some parents might put a pressure on the daughter to get an improved (more status) lifestyle, but I think most will just be happy with their daughters new love (luck)

It is not rare that a rich(er) part in a family helps a poorer part..............is it. :o

However, demands should not be made, but good (modest) wishes should be discussed, and if possible...........................helped out with. :D

well put sir

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you buy a western woman's mother and father a house??? Why not build your cousin and your next door neighbour a new house when you're at it? Do you really think that they would help you out if you needed it and they had the cash???

NO NO NO

I am thinking of retiring in Udon and have met someone, so reading this post with great interest. What is coming over strong and clear is the general mistrust of your chosen soul mates.. that you would be prepared to marry / live with but don't want to help.

Three things stand out:-

Either thought of making a fool of oneself in the eyes of her family.

You don't have that much money ( understandable )

You don't love her?? that much, but don't want to be alone.

Maybe all three.........

I am thinking of retiring in Udon and have met someone, so reading this post with great interest. What is coming over strong and clear is the general mistrust of your chosen soul mates.. that you would be prepared to marry / live with but don't want to help.

Three things stand out:-

Either thought of making a fool of oneself in the eyes of her family.

You don't have that much money ( understandable )

You don't love her?? that much, but don't want to be alone.

Maybe all three.........

Good questions:as a long time resident will say this:

If you fear to be made a fool,come for visit,as many times as necessary before deciding on your future.Tell the,extended,family, about your financial status before committing yourself.(Advice:stay low). :D

Be aware that you'll never spend enough,they will never think a frang may have cash problems,get used to be called Kinyaw. :D

Get in love with a very poor refugee from Burma,Lao,without family,she'll be grateful for a worryfree life and,possibly,will love you too.

I know easy to say,difficult to do.I made most of the mistakes myself,so I know it. :o