Need A Fresh Visa, What Options Do I Have?

Hi folks.

I entered Thailand on a fresh non-immigrant type B almost 14 months ago. This visa is obviously now expired. I was intending to pop back to the UK at the end of November for a while, so decided to use 3 x 30 day visa exempt stamps at the local border.

My requirement to head back to the UK for a while is now a non-issue.

So what are my options for getting a fresh visa? I would prefer a fresh non-immigrant (can be an O as I don't need the B any more), failing this any way of staying a few more months before needing to leave the country would be a good second choice, as I really have no reason to leave apart from obtaining a visa.

I have a 1 year old son here if that makes any difference, although I think I read somewhere that this is no longer considered a reason for granting of a visa.

Thanks in advance.

Is your name on sons birth certificate. If yes you can go for the non-o.

If over 50 and can prove income of 40K a month you can get 1 year extension.

KL has been known to issue multi non-o for marriage. Also Penang using an agent.

Otherwise its a tourist visa.

Edited by ubonjoe

Is your name on sons birth certificate. If yes you can go for the non-o.

KL has been known to issue multi non-o for marriage. Also Penang using an agent.

Otherwise its a tourist visa.

Hi and thanks.

Yes my name is on the birth certificate. I am not over 50 though. Where would I go to apply for such a visa?

Failing that, the tourist visa would last for how long? And I would need to go where to get that?

Sorry for all the questions! It's all very confusing :o

Joe. What is this extension you keep going on about . It is the first I have heard of it.

To gain a years extension to live with your Thai child if over 50 you need no money or income.

Although in practice some offices like to see some cash.

7:17 (5)

Edited by Lite Beer

As you have a Thai son you can get a 60 day extension for the porpuse of visiting your son. After that you could try to get a new non-O based on that.

Living with your son would be a reason to grant you a yearly extension on a non-O, provided you realy live with him and are over 50.

Mac. Immigration can give you a 6 week extension to visit you child.

KL or Penang may give a Multi Entry Non O Visa because of your son but I would not bank on it.

A double entry Tourist Visa can be got in Vientiane . This would give you almost 6 months with extensions.

Mac. Immigration can give you a 6 week extension to visit you child.

KL or Penang may give a Multi Entry Non O Visa because of your son but I would not bank on it.

A double entry Tourist Visa can be got in Vientiane . This would give you almost 6 months with extensions.

Would I still be able to get an extension? My type B expired 2 months ago and I have been getting 30 day stamps to see me over.

Popping to Vientiane for a tourist visa would be pretty easy for me, jump on my motorcycle and drive up to Udon Thani (I am in Surin), hop the border, spend a couple of days on vacation then come back again. Am I assured of getting a tourist visa?

I do have to go back to the UK sometime in the next few months for a few weeks, so 6 months would definitely give me the extra time in Thailand I need.

Cheers.

An extesion based on visiting your child is still possible.

With tourist visa's it is more a question of wheter you will get a singlke or double entry. Beleive Vientiane will give double entry. In the UK you can try to get a non-o multiple from Hull.

An extesion based on visiting your child is still possible.

With tourist visa's it is more a question of wheter you will get a singlke or double entry. Beleive Vientiane will give double entry. In the UK you can try to get a non-o multiple from Hull.

Yep, in the past I have just gone back to the UK and grabbed another non-imm visa when the last one ran out, just no real reason to go back there right now, getting a fresh visa is the only reason.

A double entry from Vientiane last 2 months right? How do I apply?

It might be worth going to Kap Choeng with birth certificate passport, photos, and etc. And try to get a change of visa status. That would give you 60 days if they do it. Don't know that for sure because of 21 days remaing rule on visa exempt entries. They might not apply rule. Its costs 2000 baht.

Edit: Tourist visa question. Photos, passport and copy of passport photo page at Thai conulate in Vientiane.

You can extend it for another 30 days at end of 60 days if two entry make a border run and start all over again.

Edited by ubonjoe

It might be worth going to Kap Choeng with birth certificate passport, photos, and etc. And try to get a change of visa status. That would give you 60 days if they do it. Don't know that for sure because of 21 days remaing rule on visa exempt entries. They might not apply rule. Its costs 2000 baht.

That might be worth a try, I can get there and back in an hour from here, although I'm beginning to find the idea of a holiday in Laos atractive, have not been there for a while.

Edited by mac.wheeler

Just go along to the Consulate in the morning and apply.

Pick up the next day PM.

No one recently has been turned down for the double entry . Cost 2,000 Baht. Make sure you specify 2 entries on the form. Each entry is for 60 days and can be extended at Immigration for another 30 days.

You would need to do a border run in the middle so make sure that the Visa has not expired before you do it.

I still think you can get 60 days from Immigration to visit your child. But only they can tell you that.

7.23 In the case of an alien

visiting a Thai spouse

or child: Permission

will be granted for a

period of not more

than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship; and

(2) In the case of a spouse, their

marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto.

1. Application form

2. Copy of the applicant's passport

3. Copy of household registration

certificate

4. Copy of the national ID card

held by the Thai concerned

5. Copy of the marriage/birth

certificate

Edited by Lite Beer

Just go along to the Consulate in the morning and apply.

Pick up the next day PM.

No one recently has been turned down for the double entry . Cost 2,000 Baht. Make sure you specify 2 entries on the form. Each entry is for 60 days and can be extended at Immigration for another 30 days.

You would need to do a border run in the middle so make sure that the Visa has not expired before you do it.

I still think you can get 60 days from Immigration to visit your child. But only they can tell you that.

Cheers Lite Beer, this works out fine.

I still have a 30 day stamp to use (only used 2 so far), so am covered until the end of November, I can then pop up to Laos, grab a double entry tourist visa and extend my stay for another 6 months, meaning I can return to the UK any time before next May, perfect :o

Thanks guys, you have been a real help.

Cheers Lite Beer, this works out fine.

I I can then pop up to Laos, grab a double entry tourist visa and extend my stay for another 6 months,

Don't forget to grab a few bottles of Beer Laos.

I'm on the wagon at the moment but they may well have changed by the end of November :o

Hi folks.

I entered Thailand on a fresh non-immigrant type B almost 14 months ago. This visa is obviously now expired. I was intending to pop back to the UK at the end of November for a while, so decided to use 3 x 30 day visa exempt stamps at the local border.

My requirement to head back to the UK for a while is now a non-issue.

So what are my options for getting a fresh visa? I would prefer a fresh non-immigrant (can be an O as I don't need the B any more), failing this any way of staying a few more months before needing to leave the country would be a good second choice, as I really have no reason to leave apart from obtaining a visa.

I have a 1 year old son here if that makes any difference, although I think I read somewhere that this is no longer considered a reason for granting of a visa.

Thanks in advance.

hey mac,

a flight to the uk is going to cost you (as you know)

i dont think you qualify for the o(age),so looks like the B again,but from the info i have you will only get the 1 year visa in the place of your birth (ie uk again).

i have to get mine again next week,normaly i would go to phnom phen but am a little worried with the border dispute hotting up again,so its Vientien,kl ,panang or singapore.

In the end even with having to renew every 3 months with the cost of flights doesnt make much difference,plus you get a break.

when you back in bkk ,let me know as i have jumped ship ,drop me a line

rOB

I'd jump to Laos now and get the double entry tourist visa as things could change at any time. You have to go to a border anyway and that way you are safe for 60+30+60+30 days.

Yep I already decided this would be the safest option, I'm going to head to Laos in a couple of weeks, get the double entry tourist visa and save my last 30 day exempt stamp just in case I need it later. Although thinking about it, in theory once the double entry tourist visa is used up, then my visa exempt stamps are all aged, as it will be 180 day since I last had a new one, so I could go another 3 months on those alone after the tourist visa runs out.

...i dont think you qualify for the o(age),so looks like the B again,but from the info i have you will only get the 1 year visa in the place of your birth (ie uk again)...

The OP qualifies for a multiple-entry non-O visa from the Thai consulate in Hull. Purpose of visit: “visit family and friends”

--

Maestro

...i dont think you qualify for the o(age),so looks like the B again,but from the info i have you will only get the 1 year visa in the place of your birth (ie uk again)...

The OP qualifies for a multiple-entry non-O visa from the Thai consulate in Hull. Purpose of visit: “visit family and friends”

--

Maestro

Yes I usually do this, except this year I have no reason to go back to the UK except to get a fresh visa, so I'm trying to find ways to put it off for as long as possible :o