Where Is Gold Going In This Market

If there is a clash between Isreal and Iran gold will hit 2000 US$/oz .

2000? you're dreaming if there was a REAL clash you have got to be talking 2500/3000 not just a raise of 220 US

Yes agreed-but my assessment is that there will be only a limited clash- some isreali bombing with a proportional iranian response with neither side wanting all out war. Thats what im advising my clients.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strong weekly close in Gold rolleyes.gif

http://traderdannorc...se-in-gold.html

and

The Gold Forecast .. Gary Wagner

http://www.kitco.com.../feb232012.html

Yeah I am kind of thinking the same for next week...Especially if the USD heads for 77.5 next week.

May work out for me as I need to convert some.

After which I hope the USD goes up as I need to convert that also :lol: That is a lot of hoping I know ;)

Strong weekly close in Gold rolleyes.gif

http://traderdannorc...se-in-gold.html

and

The Gold Forecast .. Gary Wagner

http://www.kitco.com.../feb232012.html

Yeah I am kind of thinking the same for next week...Especially if the USD heads for 77.5 next week.

After which I hope the USD goes up as I need to convert that also laugh.png That is a lot of hoping I know wink.png

I am thinking the same ... USD down short term , but then attention back to the Euro ....

and I also need to do a bit of selling in the coming month or so .. so would suit me also ... So hoping as well ! happy.png

After which I hope the USD goes up as I need to convert that also laugh.png That is a lot of hoping I know wink.png

i think the Dollar weakness is overdone; most of it because of crosstrading based on €UR/USD. but i don't expect any Dollar strengthening as long as the outlook prevails that Greece will default in an orderly manner (most investors care a flying fart that Greece will default again in a few years). final results of this year's default won't be available before end of march or even april.

Elliott Wave principal..... Not something I follow/subscribe to .... but have heard many mention it over the years.........

I have heard the staggering numbers but this is the first time I have seen it charted out...

post-51988-0-13069800-1330245420_thumb.p

Edited by flying

Elliott Wave principal..... Not something I follow/subscribe to .... but have heard many mention it over the years.........

I have heard the staggering numbers but this is the first time I have seen it charted out...

what about wave 5(6)? ohmy.png

Edited by Naam

That is on the next as yet unreleased chart called "Flying's Tsunami Principle" smile.png

Edited by flying

That is on the next as yet unreleased chart called "Flying's Tsunami Principle" smile.png

you mean when that Tsunami hits both of us will be "mucho richier"? huh.png if that is the case we have to enlist Midas to advise us how to protect our "richyness" from the greedy claws of Goldman Sucks bankers who will be eager to rehypothecate our richyness in London, England (British Empire) leveraged 1,896 times.

post-51988-0-13069800-1330245420_thumb.p

This must be dreamland right? 10s thousands of dollars an ounce in 2014? I'd settle for 3000

you mean when that Tsunami hits both of us will be "mucho richier"? huh.png if that is the case we have to enlist Midas to advise us how to protect our "richyness" from the greedy claws of Goldman Sucks bankers who will be eager to rehypothecate our richyness in London, England (British Empire) leveraged 1,896 times.

Michael D. Higgins the 9th and current President of Ireland

" There is what I regard as an international terrorism of the financial markets, led by Goldman Sachs and others. I think the great moral failure has been inability to control multinational corporations, be it in extractive industries in South America or Africa or otherwise. In one place after another, the tax avoidance of these companies more than quadruples what is transferred in aid by governments.

A small group of unscrupulous people in the banking sector…brought this economy and this society to its knees."

Michael D. Higgins the 9th and current President of Ireland

"There is what I regard as an international terrorism of the financial markets, led by Goldman Sachs and others...

tell us something we don't know Mr. President, e.g. how do we fight or avoid these financial terrorists.

i saw this passage today regarding manipulation of the gold market

but it could equally apply to every " market " these days....

"What are we to make, then, of blatant manipulation in broad daylight? The simplest answer, I believe, is that the manipulator has no fear of being caught. If the manipulator knows full well that he is acting on behalf of his sponsor and that his sponsor will never prosecute him, the manipulator will audaciously act in bright light and open spaces for he no longer has anything to fear. As an example, if you desire to rob a bank but fear the police and potential jail time, you might rob the bank late at night or over a long weekend. If, however, you have the police and the judge in your back pocket, you could just walk in during business hours and make off with the loot."

Edited by midas

The trade of half a decade: long gold, short Athens

http://ftalphaville...._medium=twitter

http://av.r.ftdata.c...urns-on-5yr.jpg

If you had invested exactly five years ago...

the utmost boring statement in context with investing is "if you had...". besides, even shooting from the hip i could list at least five dozen simple long trades. generating not only capital gains but additional cash income, which beat the living bejesus out of "long gold, short Athens" and that in a much shorter time.

the utmost boring statement in context with investing is "if you had...". besides, even shooting from the hip i could list at least five dozen simple long trades. generating not only capital gains but additional cash income, which beat the living bejesus out of "long gold, short Athens" and that in a much shorter time.

I could list not only "if you had" trades, but "I did" trades. Buying at or near close to bottoms, selling at or near close to tops, then taking profits about 15% - 25% along the way. It's not worth talking about really.

Edited by lannarebirth

We can see your gold badge Naam .. So I am sure your making great % gains .. However your not always right and your advisors ( per your long copy and pastes on occasion also are not always right ) // and You got caught out by the recent Euro strength ? and the Swiss peg ? & .. Some of us are not traders and prefer a long term view ..perhaps you're upset because ..you didn't buy and hold ... huh.png

& Looking back is sometimes helpful as Lanna with his charts will confirm ...

We can see your gold badge Naam .. So I am sure your making great % gains .. However your not always right and your advisors ( per your long copy and pastes on occasion also are not always right ) // and You got caught out by the recent Euro strength ? and the Swiss peg ? & .. Some of us are not traders and prefer a long term view ..perhaps you're upset because ..you didn't buy and hold ... huh.png

Good on you Churchill ! They like people that think like you in Wyoming

- while Naam would not have any one to talk to if he went there ...giggle.gif

Wyoming Lawmaker Introduces Doomsday Bill

http://patdollard.com/2012/02/wyoming-lawmaker-introduces-doomsday-bill/

if you would rephrase your comment in a language i master it would be easier for me to reply. that applies especially to your questions which are nothing but assumptions. of course i'm not always right and of course not every position i buy turns out to be profitable.

worthwhile to mention is that i don't have any advisors. i copy and paste a tiny part i receive every day because it is of interest to some of the participants of this thread. fact is that since many years i often use "advising anal-lysts" as contraindicators. i am also trying to be fair and admit when i was wrong.

what i abhor and find ridiculous is copying&pasting over and over the most silly comments or -what is even worse- a link to YewToob where assumptions and prophecies of self-appointed gurus are selected as long as they are positive for gold and negative for "fiat" the latter allegedly disappearing any time from now, most probably by the end of the week and if not then definitely before "Christmas" when one ounce of gold will buy $ 28,000 laugh.png

boring and disappointing is also that a rational discussion (sticking to mentioned facts) is only possible with a handful of participants in this thread who's rebuttal refer to opinions and facts. facts presented for discussion generate either silence or irrelevant diversions. latest example:

posting some rubbish like this to generate a good laugh is quite acceptable. posting it as relevant information is... whistling.gif

'The trade of half a decade: long gold, short Athens

posting some rubbish like this to generate a good laugh is quite acceptable. posting it as relevant information is... whistling.gif'

Trade of half a decade . Long Gold rolleyes.gif and so What are you short - Naam blink.png marbles ?

Edited by churchill

I think its me that has lost his marbles .... down $70 in a few minutes <deleted> ...sad.png

Odd eh? I thought the low for the USD would be around 3/1 but it was early?

USD Spike...

post-51988-0-46424600-1330534422_thumb.p

I did get a lot of selling done Monday & Tuesday but not all...

( only selling because I am changing countries will re-buy & still long gold )

post-51988-0-00546900-1330534271_thumb.g

Edited by flying