Thai Driving License

eckivoigt

I need a book for to prepare the theory for the Thai driving license. I find in the bookstores only some books in Thai!

I hope someone can help me out with this problem. Thanks :o

Please let us know your nationality and if you have a driving license in your home country and what kind of weichles its valid for then its more easy to get you a good answer.

A main procedure if you got a driving license in your home country you can get a certificate from your embassy or consulate that verify your class of license and if you got an international driving license you dont need any certificate from embassy or consulate.

Then you will need a non-immigrant visa or work permit and a certificate of residence issued by an immigration office and then its time to visit the Transportation office to apply for a Thai driving license and the first time its temporarly for one year then it can be renewed and valid for 5 years.

So any special book for theory is not really needed by law if you have the license of your nationality.

Thats all I can answer you but there are many others that have more knowledge about this topic and they are willing to give you advises to help you.

Good Luck.

I need a book for to prepare the theory for the Thai driving license. I find in the bookstores only some books in Thai!

I hope someone can help me out with this problem. Thanks :o

Please let us know your nationality and if you have a driving license in your home country and what kind of weichles its valid for then its more easy to get you a good answer.

A main procedure if you got a driving license in your home country you can get a certificate from your embassy or consulate that verify your class of license and if you got an international driving license you dont need any certificate from embassy or consulate.

Then you will need a non-immigrant visa or work permit and a certificate of residence issued by an immigration office and then its time to visit the Transportation office to apply for a Thai driving license and the first time its temporarly for one year then it can be renewed and valid for 5 years.

So any special book for theory is not really needed by law if you have the license of your nationality.

Thats all I can answer you but there are many others that have more knowledge about this topic and they are willing to give you advises to help you.

Good Luck.

Bengt....think you have summed it up very nicely...

When I learned to drive in Thailand (Phuket) there was a big poster on the wall at the driving school, explaining the traffic signs, rules about roundabouts, and so on. You would need somebody to translate, but it gives the necessary information in a nutshell.

Edited by keestha