dj serge (french) tech house

dj lemon (norway) trance

dj varun (india) prog trance

dj knot (kho phangan) psy- trance

dj fubsy*b (thailand) tek-trance

13-15 april 09 full songkran music festival @ Suksabai Bar

- 11am - 7pm on the street (1st floor)

- 7pm - 3am on the rooftop (5th floor)

base on all kind of electronic music- house, techno, trance ,drum&bass, psy-trance, electro, hardstyle

10,000 WATT sound system on the street!

AFTERNOON DJs LINE UP

Monday:

11-12=Anyone

12-01= Mickael

01-02= Dear

02-03= Serge

03-04= Varun

04-05= Lemon

05-06= Fubsy*B

06-07= Knot

Tuesday

11-12= Anyone

12-01= Sweed

01-02= Steven

02-03= Mickael

03-04h30= Oatawa & Kolor One

04h30-06h00= Fubsy*B & Alias

06-07= Lemon

Wednesday:

11-12= Knot

12-01= Steven

01-02= Golf

02-03= Varun

03-04= Serge

04-05= Sunzone

05-06= King Kong

06-07= Jeremy

FB reference: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.p...4506&ref=mf

:o

post-53962-1238941146_thumb.jpg

Hmm, I guess I can add a few bars to the list:

Aqua - Four Seasons Hotel: Nice drinks, nice food, nice atmosphere, NO MUSIC (blah). I guess it's good for a date, if you're say 40-ish...

Fallabella - 101 Rajdamri (on the Royal BKK Sport Club grounds) - good food, mmm... nice place to chill outdoors, but they've had this live band thing going on for some time now which isn't as cool as it used to be... it used to be that if you went to this place for a late dinner on fri/sat, you'd see 99% of BKK's "in" crowd, but thankfully it's down to about 35%. Or I just don't care to know anybody anymore.

Eugenia Hotel lobby bar - this place is coooool... totally chill, maybe too chill, but if you're on a date, then it's nice, and not many people are there... the hotel itself looks like a nice place to stay. And security will be tiiiiight as it's a stone's throw from the Prime Minister's residence!

Parkbridge - Somwhere in Silom - I don't remember anything about it, too drunk....

Some Morrocan bar in Ekamai - don't remember the name, but it was really chill... property owned by the MBK family... but the bar will close at the end of the month so go quick while you still can...

Hmm... I will add more as my memory improves... yes, sundays are much harder nowadays....

It's said that the "in crowd" have now gotten bored with Fallabella and moved to Wine Bridge. Minibar Royale is quite pleasant but not yet a proper bar - although they plan on sorting out some music.

Parkbridge is good for an afterhours place only. They make a big effort with guest DJs, the place is SMALL but therefore sociable.

I hope Nomad on soi 12 takes off - it's a good restaurant, great service and has an adjoining club which is cosy and well decorated.

Which will be the next well-known club to kick the bucket do you think?

It's said that the "in crowd" have now gotten bored with Fallabella and moved to Wine Bridge. Minibar Royale is quite pleasant but not yet a proper bar - although they plan on sorting out some music.

Parkbridge is good for an afterhours place only. They make a big effort with guest DJs, the place is SMALL but therefore sociable.

I hope Nomad on soi 12 takes off - it's a good restaurant, great service and has an adjoining club which is cosy and well decorated.

Which will be the next well-known club to kick the bucket do you think?

Ya people have moved to Wine Bridge for about a year now IIRC, I still don't really like it. Fallabella is heinous now with the Thai band playing - was there friday night and it could have been any Thai bar on Ekamai... packed but horrible. The food is really good, though - so I will keep it on my list for late dinners on weekdays.

Nomad - been there one time - nice place, I think they have to do something about the dance space in front of the "stage" - it's a bit awkward IMO. But then again, I've only been once, and had all of my attention focused on a girl, so what do I know...

Next BKK club to bite the dust? - I hope it's P35 - that place is bruuuutaaaallllll.... hyped to be uber-trendy and "New York Style" - but it's like a club designed in 1995. And if you're gonna be in a location that crappy, you better kick ass (which it doesn't).

• 2 months later...

Ya Parkbridge was shut down thanks to the treacherous ganster police. They were paid their enormous corruption fee for a certain length of time and then came back regularly for more money after already being paid, forcing them to close down.

"<deleted> tha police" - Icecube

it's funny how i live right next to bed and i have never been there. don't plan to anyways.

i have a question for those interested in real music out there. i'm a big techno/minimal fan, and i'm looking for a place in bangkok where they play this kind of music. techno does not equal trance/house/progressive, i'm talking about the minimal style, so if anyone knows where this kind of music is played definitely let me know.

it's funny how i live right next to bed and i have never been there. don't plan to anyways.

i have a question for those interested in real music out there. i'm a big techno/minimal fan, and i'm looking for a place in bangkok where they play this kind of music. techno does not equal trance/house/progressive, i'm talking about the minimal style, so if anyone knows where this kind of music is played definitely let me know.

Try the National Library. There is minimal music there.

*gets coat*

Try the National Library. There is minimal music there.

*gets coat*

heh...seriously though. i'm craving for some deep bass kicks with random bleeps and echoed voices.

Mmmm yes I know what you mean, kind of like when I crave some penetrating punches to my skull with random kicks in the nuts and echoed screaming. Get some taste will ya?

do you even know what minimal is? don't tell me your good taste in electronic music is armin van buuren, or tiesto, or any other *trance* dj from the djmag top 5 list.

Mmmm yes I know what you mean, kind of like when I crave some penetrating punches to my skull with random kicks in the nuts and echoed screaming. Get some taste will ya?

do you even know what minimal is? don't tell me your good taste in electronic music is armin van buuren, or tiesto, or any other *trance* dj from the djmag top 5 list.

I go for a bit of DJ Saville myself

66262F7C14462B7FEEBA5F2E5A1CE.jpg

I think you need to reconsider the average age of this forum.

I'm quite partial to AVB from a musical perspective, btw. Honestly can't see any attraction at all to minimal.

I'm quite partial to AVB from a musical perspective, btw. Honestly can't see any attraction at all to minimal.

How do you feel about ambient darkcore? Personally I'm a big fan of DJ BTS Smartcard and his Glitterponce Light Show. Six hours of Busy-shrug Speedcore, while light of every colour is bounced off a spinning ponce covered in mirrors.

I think you need to reconsider the average age of this forum.

it has been an experience of mine witnessing avb concerts hoarded by young wannabe kids. though, that was how it was in the states. minimal had a more mature audience.

of course this is thailand and it's probably different here.

How do you feel about ambient darkcore? Personally I'm a big fan of DJ BTS Smartcard and his Glitterponce Light Show. Six hours of Busy-shrug Speedcore, while light of every colour is bounced off a spinning ponce covered in mirrors.

Speedcore - if it's above 140BPM and not any form of breaks, there's a good chance I might not take to it. Will still give it a listen.

it has been an experience of mine witnessing avb concerts hoarded by young wannabe kids. though, that was how it was in the states. minimal had a more mature audience.

of course this is thailand and it's probably different here.

If there's one thing that really grates me with the nightlife in BKK over the years, it's the genre snobbery that you see in "major" nightclubs here. Maybe it goes on in all big international cities, but I've always found it quite laughable that a city that has difficulty pushing any event past 2am can stick its nose up at the most popular genre out there, Trance.

(Of course, the lack of willingness to play Trance could also be well attributed to the piss-poor selection by most Thai DJ's that still plagues most gyms to this day).

Rant over...

Darkcore in BKK? :) Where?

depending on the setting, time and environment, AVB or some uplifting trance does have its place.

Darkcore, I am too old for that now. Been years since my last RTC show.

Minimilism depends on my mood sometimes but nothing like a few clicks and pops. Infact listening to some Jeff Mills now. ...just changed to Adam Beyer...

depending on the setting, time and environment, AVB or some uplifting trance does have its place.

Darkcore, I am too old for that now. Been years since my last RTC show.

Minimilism depends on my mood sometimes but nothing like a few clicks and pops. Infact listening to some Jeff Mills now. ...just changed to Adam Beyer...

adam beyer is the king, seriously. have you heard of matthew dear? that guy is my favorite. i should've known, you're from the Tdot, you definitely have to good taste in electronic music. we should hit up some places with minimal in bkk.

Are we talking Richie Hawtin and the like here? That would be awesome! However, I don't think the Thai audience would like it.

Now, dark ambient like Rapoon, Biosphere, Oughtibridge, Thomas Köner etc. would be impossible to find here. I have this kind of music at home, but if people want this kind of evening, then something would have to be set up.

Like people say, if you want something the way you want it, you have to do it yourself.

When it comes to (Goa-) trance, the party would be on KPN, but then it would very quickly be invaded by our Friends from the Promised Land. :) Can you image? Heaps of smelly, dreadlocked, tatooed, pierced, pseudo-hippy types doing their I-just-got-out-of-Gaza thing?

I have become quite partial to Dave Seaman and Danny Howells lately.

Ass-spanking Tekno in Thailand? Not likely.

In the meantime for minimal fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52-FsR7Tafk...03&index=15

BTW, what is the general opinion on Twisted Republic?

I was there once. The music was alright, but of course the usual collection of freelancers and pot belly boys where there. There was a particular Indian gent who was making a serious ass of himself. Got blown off by the P4P girls :)

then tried to grab one...

Are we talking Richie Hawtin and the like here? That would be awesome! However, I don't think the Thai audience would like it.

Now, dark ambient like Rapoon, Biosphere, Oughtibridge, Thomas Köner etc. would be impossible to find here. I have this kind of music at home, but if people want this kind of evening, then something would have to be set up.

Like people say, if you want something the way you want it, you have to do it yourself.

When it comes to (Goa-) trance, the party would be on KPN, but then it would very quickly be invaded by our Friends from the Promised Land. :) Can you image? Heaps of smelly, dreadlocked, tatooed, pierced, pseudo-hippy types doing their I-just-got-out-of-Gaza thing?

I have become quite partial to Dave Seaman and Danny Howells lately.

Ass-spanking Tekno in Thailand? Not likely.

In the meantime for minimal fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52-FsR7Tafk...03&index=15

yes, i am talking about the revolution that the likes of richie hawtie and sven vath helped build from the trio of jaun atkins, derrick may, and kevin saunderson in detroit.

i might just try to start something.

just thought i'd mention that your youtube link is more of the detroit techno than minimal. if you want some commercial minimal, check this out

true minimal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Q2r8DalKM

Edited by akarmaka

what really ticks me off is that people say that thais would not be into minimal and techno and all, but every year i keep seeing all these djs like digweed, fergie, and funk d'void coming to play in bangkok, and hearing that their shows get sold out. maybe it's just a thing of promoting it the right way?

All these different names for rave music ...... back when i was a wee raver it was either called good rave music or sh7t rave music ..... whats now known as jungle and drum n bass comes under sh7te rave music IMHO.

DnB is still pretty big in the uk from what i've heard...trance is the most popular now because it basically sold out. all the djs are very arrogant and think they are god's gift, so their production qualities have gone down too, trance is basically pop music, the gateway to all other electronic music.

All these different names for rave music ...... back when i was a wee raver it was either called good rave music or sh7t rave music ..... whats now known as jungle and drum n bass comes under sh7te rave music IMHO.

DnB is still pretty big in the uk from what i've heard...trance is the most popular now because it basically sold out. all the djs are very arrogant and think they are god's gift, so their production qualities have gone down too, trance is basically pop music, the gateway to all other electronic music.

I kind of know what they all are by their descriptions.

As for famous DJ's being up their ass, thats pretty much always been the same for all DJ's.

Thing is when i was a young raver, the only way i'd know it was a famous DJ at the club i'd frequent most often was the prices were higher and it was full of people so you couldnt move.

I was always of the opinion to have a good night out raving depended on how good the ecstacy was as opposed to what fool was playing someone elses records .... they all pretty much mix the records in the same place and build it up the same.

I kind of know what they all are by their descriptions.

As for famous DJ's being up their ass, thats pretty much always been the same for all DJ's.

Thing is when i was a young raver, the only way i'd know it was a famous DJ at the club i'd frequent most often was the prices were higher and it was full of people so you couldnt move.

I was always of the opinion to have a good night out raving depended on how good the ecstacy was as opposed to what fool was playing someone elses records .... they all pretty much mix the records in the same place and build it up the same.

you are wrong. if you are talking about trance djs, then you're right. that's why i lost my respect for trance djs, cuz that's all they do, just mix up a few records and keep moving on from record to record.

now, if you or anyone else has ever seen the greats like sasha and digweed, these guys don't just mix, they actually add in effects, add in extra tracks, use filters, etc. listen to two tracks being mixed by these guys and go home and try to do it, you'll never be able to make it sound the same. this is why trance djs suck, they have no skill.

now, if you or anyone else has ever seen the greats like sasha and digweed, these guys don't just mix, they actually add in effects, add in extra tracks, use filters, etc. listen to two tracks being mixed by these guys and go home and try to do it, you'll never be able to make it sound the same. this is why trance djs suck, they have no skill.

So you like decent rave music from the early 90s ....... I used to have a Sasha cassette where he was on 3 decks many moons ago, yes there is the odd one that puts a bit of effort in but on the whole a good night out raving is more to do with whether you got good or bad pills, then what DJ is playing so long as its the kind of music you like.

Go on youtube there is a guy called OldSkoolChoonz he has what must be the finest collection of rave music from the early 90s. Here is a little sample for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA1ybApD8Ak