Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

I'd love a back end like this: http://www.google.co...%26tbs%3Disch:1

Wonder if it can be done like the zx6r zx10r ?

I don't mind the red Ducati look. I really don't like gold wheels though. Black is bad!

Changing tyres next week to Pirelli 11k Baht. front and rear.

Keep those good times rolling.

Catalyst Racing makes a superbike race tail for the Ninja 650R. Find it here: http://www.catalystracingcomposites.com/

Ride On!

Tony

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't mind the red Ducati look. I really don't like gold wheels though. Black is bad!

Catalyst Racing makes a superbike race tail for the Ninja 650R. Find it here: http://www.catalystr...composites.com/

Ride On!

Tony

Cheers Tony,

I wonder if the ZXR6 back end will fit, I think it is better looking than the one we have looked at.

How much did you pay for both your tyres Tony, Mitiyon Pattaya have told me 11k for Pirelli's.

Arh all this rain is stopping good rides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NormanW

post-52293-065588500 1278042505_thumb.jp

Catalyst Racing makes a superbike race tail for the Ninja 650R. Find it here: http://www.catalystr...composites.com/

Ride On!

Tony

Cheers Tony,

I wonder if the ZXR6 back end will fit, I think it is better looking than the one we have looked at.

How much did you pay for both your tyres Tony, Mitiyon Pattaya have told me 11k for Pirelli's.

NormanW

ZX10 will do !!!!!!

Arh we can only dream!

Cheers Tony,

NormanW

You'll have to chop off the rear subframe and have a new subframe custom built if you'd like to install the ZX6R or ZX10R rear section. Lots of talented welders down your way. Go for it! I'd love to see how it looks.

The Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pros that I was running on my ER6n cost me just under 10,000 Baht from ShowPow here in Bangkok. Kawasaki Mityon is quite well known for padding their prices and they prices are generally the highest I've seen anywhere...

You might want to talk to Graham at HST, BIRA- he sells Pirellis but I hear his prices are a bit steep too...

Ride On!

Tony

Cheers Tony,

NormanW

You'll have to chop off the rear subframe and have a new subframe custom built if you'd like to install the ZX6R or ZX10R rear section. Lots of talented welders down your way. Go for it! I'd love to see how it looks.

The Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pros that I was running on my ER6n cost me just under 10,000 Baht from ShowPow here in Bangkok. Kawasaki Mityon is quite well known for padding their prices and they prices are generally the highest I've seen anywhere...

You might want to talk to Graham at HST, BIRA- he sells Pirellis but I hear his prices are a bit steep too...

Ride On!

Tony

Cheers Tony, looks like I will be trawling the motorbike/car outlets around Pattaya for a while to get the best price poss.

Have a good one.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.kawasakibigbike.com/showroom_northeast.html

Korat-%27s-Showroom.jpg

นครราชสีมา

บจก.เมืองพลฉั่วเต็กไถ่ สาขา เอ็ม พี ซี ไบค์ ช็อป

129/15-18 ถ.ประจักษ์ ต.ในเมือง อ.เมือง จ.นครราชสีมา 30000

โทรศัพท์ : (044) 255 011 โทรสาร : (044) 255 012

เวลาทำการ : ทุกวันทำการ ( 9.00น. - 17.00น. )

คลิ กดูแผนที่

Nakornrajchasima

Muangpol Chuatekthai Co.,Led (M.P.C Bike Shop Branch )

129/15-18 Prajak Road., Tumbon Nai Muang,Muang, Nakornrajchasimaจ. 30000

Tel : (044) 255 011 Fax : (044) 255 012

Open : All Day ( 9.00น. - 17.00น. )

Map ...clik

map_MPC.jpg

post-4784-099087600 1279270476_thumb.jpg

I managed to pick up this screen when i was back in the UK at the BMF. It is made by powerbronze and cost 40 pounds so thats about 2,000 bhat

Also i want to let you guys know that the Kawasaki dealer in Krabi in now moe big bike friendly i picked up a rear tire hugger from the and they stamped my service book for my 6,000 km service.

post-4784-097145000 1279269704_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys, I'm out of the country and looking at bringing in some mx style bars to fit to my ER6N. I've seen a set of the Pro Taper fat bars along with the adaptors that screw into the original mounts to take the 1 1/8" bars up from 7/8's for a good price here. Now I see it looks like they make 7/8" MX bars so you can use the original mounts. Whats the best way to go? The MX bars are lower so that could be a good thing and using the adaptors will make them higher, I don't know if the same as stock.

Any idea on the prices of these bars in Thailand for a comparison? Cheers.

Seems I was able to answer my own question here....renthal make a 7/8" street bar (doesn't have a cross bar) and looking at the pics of the bike it seems like the ER's bar clamps bolt pattern is not quite square but seems angled somehow? Maybe the picture....Another option is to use the single bolt adaptors that bolt right through th top triple clamp and somehow keep the rubber mounting intact? I think the 7/8'sbars are the way to go....Can anyone tell me if there is a different top handlebar clamp is available? I think I have seen some...Oh and is it just me or is the clamping bolt pattern "angled" in from the bottom to the top? Ta.

A couple of points if anyone can help?

Did anyone find out if you can fit ABS to a 2009 spec ER-6N. If so how much?

Where can I get a new set of tires Pirelli fitted and BALANCED preferably in the Pattaya area..

Thanks in advance

kjmac

Ps. I have had this bike 16 months now, super lovely friendly bike Love it and its a lot cheaper than my women!

Where can I get a new set of tires Pirelli fitted and BALANCED preferably in the Pattaya area..

Many have talked about it but I don't know of anyone who has successfully added ABS to a non-ABS ER6n. It's more complicated than you might think as the ABS bike has a different wiring harness to accomodate the additional electronics required for ABS and also has some additional fittings on the frame to accommodate the additional brake lines and ABS pump.

If you're really keep to have ABS I think you'd be better off selling your 2009 and buying a 2010.

I know Graham at HST (BIRA) sells and installs Pirellis but I'm not certain if he has a wheel balancer... Give him a call and ask:

Local Thai Mobile 08 9119 0000 English/German International Mobile +66 8 9119 0000 English/German Skype ID thaitrack International Fax +66 38 364 030 Fax Email:[email protected]

can probably keep original discs/rotors and calipers. Check the parts prices with kawasaki and ad 10 k for rather complicated work. I guss 30-40 k all together

Can also check how much for ABS option in other markets not having ABS as standard fitted, just as a guideline to be doubled in price

Cheers for the quick and useful info.

i haven't looked into the ABS but had a thought that the electronics and wiring may be their already because ABS has been an option from 2006 on European spec ER-6's. If simple I,d go for it due to the wonderful thai roads and road users. Sounds like a new set of pirellis are the best bet in keeping the black on the road.

Have been reading the discussions on the two brothers exhaust, and if useful to anyone hear is my experiences. Had a carbon two brothers fitted by Milton Pattaya, they fitted it upside down i.e badge facing inwards, no oxy sensor and mounted so high the rear brake no longer worked. Lesson learned had oxy takeoff point made up I think cost 400 Bth and fitted the thing properly myself.

Wow the difference it makes as a safety issue beyond question, the standard pipe is just to quiet and to heavy. However with the P1 tip the bike is extremely noisy especially the backfire. blocking off the air bleed works to reduce the backfire as explained by tony previously I didn't however go to his lengnths to block it you can just use a long cable tie to crimp the pipe above the headers. Running the bike with the standard P1 tip is great at high revs and large thottle openings, but around town at light throttle the response is not there, the proper solution would be a power commander or juice box and remap, expensive. Also I was picking up 1000 Bth tickets not very good for my sense of humor. So I ended up sleaving the tip with a piece of 1.5in od stainless pipe thus reducing the bore by a bit less than an eighth of an incht. This worked quite well reducing the noise a little and improving the low end. I have now settled on an aluminum sleave with an internal dimension of 37.5mm. This works a treat the same beautiful two brothers exhaust note, loud enough to be safe but doesn't quite rattle every window as it did before. The performance issue sorted, good at the bottom end and screams 7-11.

Hope this may be useful info to someone Chears.

kjmac

Cheers for the quick and useful info.

i haven't looked into the ABS but had a thought that the electronics and wiring may be their already because ABS has been an option from 2006 on European spec ER-6's. If simple I,d go for it due to the wonderful thai roads and road users. Sounds like a new set of pirellis are the best bet in keeping the black on the road.

Have been reading the discussions on the two brothers exhaust, and if useful to anyone hear is my experiences. Had a carbon two brothers fitted by Milton Pattaya, they fitted it upside down i.e badge facing inwards, no oxy sensor and mounted so high the rear brake no longer worked. Lesson learned had oxy takeoff point made up I think cost 400 Bth and fitted the thing properly myself.

Wow the difference it makes as a safety issue beyond question, the standard pipe is just to quiet and to heavy. However with the P1 tip the bike is extremely noisy especially the backfire. blocking off the air bleed works to reduce the backfire as explained by tony previously I didn't however go to his lengnths to block it you can just use a long cable tie to crimp the pipe above the headers. Running the bike with the standard P1 tip is great at high revs and large thottle openings, but around town at light throttle the response is not there, the proper solution would be a power commander or juice box and remap, expensive. Also I was picking up 1000 Bth tickets not very good for my sense of humor. So I ended up sleaving the tip with a piece of 1.5in od stainless pipe thus reducing the bore by a bit less than an eighth of an incht. This worked quite well reducing the noise a little and improving the low end. I have now settled on an aluminum sleave with an internal dimension of 37.5mm. This works a treat the same beautiful two brothers exhaust note, loud enough to be safe but doesn't quite rattle every window as it did before. The performance issue sorted, good at the bottom end and screams 7-11.

Hope this may be useful info to someone Chears.

kjmac

LOL! Yeah, the TWO BROS pipe is HOOLIGAN loud! :lol:

Loved it on my ER6n and am happy that the new (used) ER6n I just bought also has a TWO BROS on it. I had a Juice Box FI Module and an ignition booster on my old ER6n and it definitely improved the low RPM throttle response and reduced (but didn't eliminate) the backfiring.

<deleted> is up with the muppets at Kawasaki Mityon!? They sell the TWO BROS (at a ridiculous price)- they should dam_n well know how to install it! :bah:

When you want it done right, best to do it yourself!

Ride On!

Tony

I found a dealer in Australia who sell these for the ER6N's:

XtremBlackNew.jpg

Also on ebay. I think I am going to get one. I like. Comes with a fitting for the o2 sensor and sit's like the Arrow. Made in Spain. They also do a double pipe exit setup.

Another option from US company Wekres, slightly OTP for me:

wk650s.jpg

Pretty cheap. Both are cheaper than what is available in Thailand by a lot, even with shipping and taxes.

Edited by Bung

• 2 weeks later...

Had my 12k service done today at the dealer on the moat in CM:

- 12k service

- new brake pads

- new tires

- replace license plate which had fallen off somewhere on the MHS loop riding with the SSR and GTR hooligans

They were great as usual and offered to do the paperwork / waiting around for me for the new license plate. Good thing as I don't know where the registration office is and I certainly don't feel like sitting around there for a few hours, either. All I had to do is get a Police report, which took all of 5 Minutes at the police station. Amazingly efficient. Maybe it happens a lot? ;)

Anyway, that part was great.

But... the mechanics were clearly still on holiday. First time I went to pick up the bike, they forgot the brake pads. Double worrying as the front pads were totally gone - meaning they don't even check the pads at the 12k service?!?! They only had the stock pads which I have been told are not so good - oh, well.

Then I went to pick up the bike the second time, and they had put on the wrong tires. The abysmal stock Dunlop Roadsmarts instead of the Bridgestone Battlax I know and love!! Grrr.... lucky I checked. Another half an hour later and everything was OK. New tires make her ride like a new bike, it's awesome.

Ready to ride again!

I've read in quite a lot of review of the ER6n that it's considered a suitable beginner's bike even though it's a 650cc!

What do experienced riders think? According to the reviews it's low seat height, easy gear change and manouverability means it's quite forgiving of any mistakes a new rider may make and is therefore very easy to ride. I guess the ABS would help a new rider too. I've always planned on a D-Tracker as my first 'real' bike but after reading about the ER6n I am re-considering. Just wondered if any owners or people with experience of the bike had any opinions/advice etc

Thanks in advance

I've read in quite a lot of review of the ER6n that it's considered a suitable beginner's bike even though it's a 650cc!

What do experienced riders think? According to the reviews it's low seat height, easy gear change and manouverability means it's quite forgiving of any mistakes a new rider may make and is therefore very easy to ride. I guess the ABS would help a new rider too. I've always planned on a D-Tracker as my first 'real' bike but after reading about the ER6n I am re-considering. Just wondered if any owners or people with experience of the bike had any opinions/advice etc

Thanks in advance

It's a great all-rounder and after a while you'll probably think that getting an er6n was worth it after all, given its power and abilities. Go for it!